• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to prove damages for it to even GET to court. The NBA will simply ask to have it tossed because there's no merit or damages. This is like the foundation of any suit.

Without damages, he's got nothing on the league. It's been stated earlier.....they punished him according to their by-laws. Unless he can prove those to be illegal or discriminatory, he doesn't have much. Maybe his lawyers can find some weird loophole but I wouldn't hold my breath. As long as his checks cash, they'll do whatever he says......but I don't think anything he does at this point ever sees a courtroom.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this dude is desperate. He is dying and wants to take somebody down with him. That's his ultimate goal, he could care less about the money. Plus he loves the courtroom. Its sad, but its true.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to prove damages for it to even GET to court. The NBA will simply ask to have it tossed because there's no merit or damages. This is like the foundation of any suit.

Without damages, he's got nothing on the league. It's been stated earlier.....they punished him according to their by-laws. Unless he can prove those to be illegal or discriminatory, he doesn't have much. Maybe his lawyers can find some weird loophole but I wouldn't hold my breath. As long as his checks cash, they'll do whatever he says......but I don't think anything he does at this point ever sees a courtroom.

Agree with this.
Shelly thanks to this ruling is the one with all the power now. She can complete the sale to Balmer or start her own lawsuit to stay in control of the team. Donald really can't do anything now. He has no control over the trust that owns the team. He would have had a great case against the league if they voted him out, but that never happened. He has no case against the league for the fine and ban because that fell well within Silvers rights under the bylaws.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? The Clippers are being sold for $66 billion? That's freaking amazing when you consider that it's being reported that they only sold for $2 billion.

As for damages, according to the crazy ass racist, he could have sold them for $9 billion when t.v. rights are factored in.

Besides, he can sue for damages whether he really has a case or not. He'll get his trial, he'll just lose if he can't prove his case. But, what the hell? It's his money. He wouldn't be the first crazy rich person to spend a bunch of money fighting a losing battle in court.

I don't think you understood what I said - the Clippers sale for 12.1 billion is 12 times what it is worth - that measuring stick experts came up with is based on the actual revenue that the Clippers bring in. They are saying the Clippers is worth only 175 million dollars. So if he is able to go to court which I don't think will ever get that far - he is going to have problems saying he was damaged when the experts are saying the company was worth 175 million and he got 2.1 billion. That 2.1 billion more than pays the capital gains profit from the 12 million he paid for the company. Lost revenue has to be proven in court and that's called consideration - Sterling has no consideration - he will quickly lose that battle