• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't delay it now. He also can't stop it. The sale is good.

He can sue the wife and league for damages I suppose, but he has to prove he was damaged by a 2billion dollar profit.

He's basically done. He'll appeal of course......but if this judgement stands he's pretty much out of legal options.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can sue the wife and league for damages I suppose, but he has to prove he was damaged by a 2billion dollar profit.

He's basically done. He'll appeal of course......but if this judgement stands he's pretty much out of legal options.

Now we start Act 2. Shelly Sterling realizes she has successfully rid the NBA of Donald and decides to keep the team and declare herself a savior. :lol:

I mean technically speaking she has removed Donald from the trust that owns the team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we start Act 2. Shelly Sterling realizes she has successfully rid the NBA of Donald and decides to keep the team and declare herself a savior. :lol:

I mean technically speaking she has removed Donald from the trust that owns the team.

I see Shelly as the type of person who just doesn't give a crap and will take the money and live the rest of her life happy. She doesn't appear to have a personal vendetta against the NBA.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Shelly as the type of person who just doesn't give a crap and will take the money and live the rest of her life happy. She doesn't appear to have a personal vendetta against the NBA.

I don't think so either, but I can see her really putting the screws to the other owners now if she wanted. She could declare herself the owner of the Clippers now and ask to be voted in as such. She would of course not get the votes needed, and then sue the league for discrimination and holding her now court ruled incompetent husbands actions against her.

She has also has on her side that she absolved the league from any of her husbands legal actions and got rid of him for them so they could save face.

Will she do this? probably not. I'm just throwing it out there because she would have a pretty strong case if she did it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy how some people thought Donald had a chance against the NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and apparently under the ruling he can't delay the sale as he appeals. Not sure how that works though. What if he wins his appeal?

He also told his lawyers to keep fighting on other fronts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so either, but I can see her really putting the screws to the other owners now if she wanted. She could declare herself the owner of the Clippers now and ask to be voted in as such. She would of course not get the votes needed, and then sue the league for discrimination and holding her now court ruled incompetent husbands actions against her.

She has also has on her side that she absolved the league from any of her husbands legal actions and got rid of him for them so they could save face.

Will she do this? probably not. I'm just throwing it out there because she would have a pretty strong case if she did it.

I don't think she can declare herself owner. Everyone is focused on Donald but the NBA said no one from the Sterling family can own the team. That's why Shelly didn't just assume ownership in the first place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy how some people thought Donald had a chance against the NBA.

This wasn't his fight against the NBA. This is against Shelly being able to sell the team. He hasn't started fighting the NBA yet. That comes next.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't his fight against the NBA. This is against Shelly being able to sell the team. He hasn't started fighting the NBA yet. That comes next.

You are right, I meant to say against Shelly. Once those two doctors declared that Donald is out of it, I know she would win. I still think he has little to no chance against the NBA.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it comes at all.

HOW can he fight the NBA? They didn't do anything, hell they didn't even vote him out. All they did was approve the sale of his team.

Unless he can prove the NBA by-laws are illegal, he doesn't have a case against the NBA either.

He's pretty much done. He'll waste more money on pointless attempts to sue, and lose. He needs to just go home.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOW can he fight the NBA? They didn't do anything, hell they didn't even vote him out. All they did was approve the sale of his team.

Unless he can prove the NBA by-laws are illegal, he doesn't have a case against the NBA either.

He's pretty much done. He'll waste more money on pointless attempts to sue, and lose. He needs to just go home.

He can't and it's that simple. The court ruled that Donald Dumb Dumb did give Shelly the right to sell the team and was mentally incapacitated meaning that he is not able to make his own decisions. The courts has now give full authority for the team to be sold and while Dumb Dumb can appeal, the sale cannot be stopped either. After Aug 15th, Dumb Dumb will be suing for damages only, but he will suing himself because the on behalf of the trust, Shelly expertly absolved the NBA of all lawsuits. It's over now because the other courts will be quicker to dismiss based on the ruling today that Donald Ducky is not mentally capacitated enough to take care of his business and since he still married to Shelly - that makes her the closest next of kin to make all of his decisions.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think she can declare herself owner. Everyone is focused on Donald but the NBA said no one from the Sterling family can own the team. That's why Shelly didn't just assume ownership in the first place.

What Donald Ducky tried to do was dissolve the trust and block the sale - the short end is that he failed and the sale per reports is that it will be completed by August 15th and cannot be stopped even with an appeal. He may file an appeal, but the appeal won't stop the sale and after that Donald Ducky will be suing for damages. Here is the kicker though - Shelly already agreed to absolve the NBA of all lawsuits filed by her husband, so even if he sues the NBA, it still gets dumped on her. The NBA is free and clear.

The longer version is that under Shelly's request, Donald Ducky was tested and determined to be mentally unable to conduct his own business. The court's ruled in favor of Shelly and agreed with the doctor's assessment. The judge also ruled that the sale can go through and Shelly had the authority to complete the sale and remove Donald as a trustee. Keep in mind - that doesn't mean Donald Duck doesn't get paid - he gets paid big time, but it's over for him

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, I meant to say against Shelly. Once those two doctors declared that Donald is out of it, I know she would win. I still think he has little to no chance against the NBA.

I agree. But apparently he's gonna fight anyway. The crazy old racist bastard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. Maybe he sues them for damages since they technically got the ball rolling on this with the lifetime ban? All I know is according to the article on Fox Sports, he told his lawyers "to keep fighting on other fronts".

I know he has at least 1 or 2 other lawsuits going on. The dude's rich enough to sue God, so who knows what his crazy ass will do next.:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Maybe he sues them for damages since they technically got the ball rolling on this with the lifetime ban? All I know is according to the article on Fox Sports, he told his lawyers "to keep fighting on other fronts".

I know he has at least 1 or 2 other lawsuits going on. The dude's rich enough to sue God, so who knows what his crazy ass will do next.:lol:
There might be one little problem with the directions that he gave the lawyers though. The judge ruled that he was not mentally capacitated to take care of his own business affairs and the means a conservator will be placed over his affairs. Normally a person's spouse will do that. That means the wife will be able to decide who he can sue and who he can't. I think that judge's ruling all but ends it now

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing - in order to sue the NBA for damages, Donald Duck will have to prove he was damaged. He wasn't because the team sold for 12 times more than it was worth, so he have made more than the amount he would have before or after capital gains taxes. In short Balmer paid for Sterling's capital gains taxes so there is no consideration in that area. And that is ignoring the fact that Shelly already absolved the NBA of all litigation and damages brought by lawsuits from her daffy husband.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing - in order to sue the NBA for damages, Donald Duck will have to prove he was damaged. He wasn't because the team sold for 12 times more than it was worth, so he have made more than the amount he would have before or after capital gains taxes. In short Balmer paid for Sterling's capital gains taxes so there is no consideration in that area. And that is ignoring the fact that Shelly already absolved the NBA of all litigation and damages brought by lawsuits from her daffy husband.

Really? The Clippers are being sold for $66 billion? That's freaking amazing when you consider that it's being reported that they only sold for $2 billion.

As for damages, according to the crazy ass racist, he could have sold them for $9 billion when t.v. rights are factored in.

Besides, he can sue for damages whether he really has a case or not. He'll get his trial, he'll just lose if he can't prove his case. But, what the hell? It's his money. He wouldn't be the first crazy rich person to spend a bunch of money fighting a losing battle in court.