• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers may boycott

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How much do I make/game? WHAT! Nevermind bout the boocot." C Paul

Exactly. They will wear something that "defies" the league rules in protest, but still play and collect a paycheck.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul of Los Angeles Clippers says sitting out possible if Donald Sterling remains - ESPN Los Angeles

I think they would actually do it this time since it isn't happening before game 4 of a playoffs series

Know this - there is no way in hell that the NBPA is going to let the players in Los Angeles go alone on this. If Sterling refuses to sell and by the chance of a miracle keeps the law suit going, then there will be no season. Lebron James has already put it on record that the entire union will back the boycott.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they ever did boycott it would be the biggest failure in NBAPA history. they would eventually come crawling back because courtrooms go at a snails pace

That is totally irrelevant and you're missing the point. If the Clippers organization boycotts the games, then so will the rest of the NBPA, and if that happens, then they will force the Stirling corporation to sell. The banks are already threatening to call in huge loans valued at 400 million and that would bring Stirling to his knees. He is not nearly as independently wealthy as Balmer. He cannot afford to see the players shut down the Clippers. Lawsuits after the fact would be irrelevant because the players will out live the old man. He won't live long enough to see his lawsuits take their time in the courts

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know this - there is no way in hell that the NBPA is going to let the players in Los Angeles go alone on this. If Sterling refuses to sell and by the chance of a miracle keeps the law suit going, then there will be no season. Lebron James has already put it on record that the entire union will back the boycott.

Let it happen then. If one known racist owner can bog the season down, then so be it. I'm all for it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any boycott would hurt the players as much as anyone. So it is pointless. The NBA's hands are tied at the moment.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is totally irrelevant and you're missing the point. If the Clippers organization boycotts the games, then so will the rest of the NBPA, and if that happens, then they will force the Stirling corporation to sell. The banks are already threatening to call in huge loans valued at 400 million and that would bring Stirling to his knees. He is not nearly as independently wealthy as Balmer. He cannot afford to see the players shut down the Clippers. Lawsuits after the fact would be irrelevant because the players will out live the old man. He won't live long enough to see his lawsuits take their time in the courts

Sterling is dying & going the scorched earth route. Calling in loans would only create a bigger headache for everyone involved, including the banks. Do think Sterling will just stand buy as the banks call in loans at an accelerated schedule?

When rich guys like Sterling believed they have been wronged, which he has, and they go the scorched earth route, it is better to just let it play out rather than poke the bear.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Oh, I see the Stirling apologists coming out of the woodworks again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling is dying & going the scorched earth route. Calling in loans would only create a bigger headache for everyone involved, including the banks. Do think Sterling will just stand buy as the banks call in loans at an accelerated schedule?

When rich guys like Sterling believed they have been wronged, which he has, and they go the scorched earth route, it is better to just let it play out rather than poke the bear.

He wouldn't have a choice - unless he can refinance them through different banks, but if the Clippers are Crippled long enough - with the trust dissolved - he could be in one hell of a mess. That would be really fun to watch for a lot people including me when considering how many people have been screwed by the guy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any boycott would hurt the players as much as anyone. So it is pointless. The NBA's hands are tied at the moment.

There are some people in life that put principles before money, so let me explain it simple. When it comes to racism, the African American Community will do exactly that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it happen then. If one known racist owner can bog the season down, then so be it. I'm all for it.

The Lakers suck anyway, so I wouldn't be bothered by it any more than missing the Dodgers games.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it took this to boycott the Clippers. I would've boycotted them the day they moved to LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty upset when the sale terms were announced because this issue clearly created a bidding war and drove the price up. $2 billion is ridiculous.

My hope is that Ballmer is able to acquire the team for a fraction of this price in the end. Perhaps this thing goes on long enough that the league will void player contracts with the Clippers, but still see to it that those players are taken care of financially?

That way the rest of the NBA can carry on while the LAC mess gets sorted out. When new ownership comes in, they could treat it like an expansion team in that case.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ya ill believe it when I see it. once those checks stop coming in the players will turn on each other

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Doc! Standing up to an insane 83 yr old man dying of cancer. Impressive!!! :L

"I had no idea he was a lunatic racist when I took all that money from him. I'm outraged!" - Doc :L

ZZZZZZZZZZZING!!! :laugh3:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is showing the world it's perfectly ok to be racist as long as it's in response to a racist.

Also if the players sit out games it would be a violation of their contracts. Say hello to another lawsuit from Sterling guys.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is showing the world it's perfectly ok to be racist as long as it's in response to a racist.

Also if the players sit out games it would be a violation of their contracts. Say hello to another lawsuit from Sterling guys.

They can all legally retire from the game for basketball reasons. What they can't do and won't do is play anymore in the NBA or they could go out there and lose every game intentionally which would drive the team into the toilet.

Take your pick at how the Clippers will be legally sabotaged

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty upset when the sale terms were announced because this issue clearly created a bidding war and drove the price up. $2 billion is ridiculous.

My hope is that Ballmer is able to acquire the team for a fraction of this price in the end. Perhaps this thing goes on long enough that the league will void player contracts with the Clippers, but still see to it that those players are taken care of financially?

That way the rest of the NBA can carry on while the LAC mess gets sorted out. When new ownership comes in, they could treat it like an expansion team in that case.

You want the players to be taken care of financially even though they are going to "boycott" games? If those pussies can't do their job, they should not only not be paid, but they should be fined every game they boycott.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the easy thing to say now, but once training camps open the narrative will change. There's just too much money involved and people's careers, not just the player's.