• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson and Georgia's defenses...

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1174893_502276373192359_1315114592_n.jpg

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought it was a relatively good post. Not my best; not my worst.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to troll their defenses after that performance from clowney? :laugh3:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for SEC speed:

SEC speed has been replaced by SEC tired

Let the flopping continue. Pitiful, Just pitiful.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenses played well in the 2nd half imo

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia's defense must have been on the Clowney conditioning program

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney played fine. Stop being a hype-shill.

If by fine you mean out of shape, disinterested and largely irrelevant, then yeah, he played fine.

Those of us simply pointing out the truth of his performance against UNC are being the exact opposite of hype-shills. Those of you who insist that he played great have been overwhelmed by the hype.

Now, does this mean he will play that way all season? No. But, I am not the first person to accuse Clowney of taking plays off.

Let's revisit the thread next Sunday. I am hoping I can say I told you so, and not crying like a little girl. But, the later is certainly possible.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Clemson nor Georgia have the D to play for it all.

tOSU will appear to have it by seasons end thanks to their easy schedule.

tOSU
Bama

CFB is becoming predictable!

That is all.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for SEC speed:

SEC speed has been replaced by SEC tired

Let the flopping continue. Pitiful, Just pitiful.

As is often the case, a quick video without context doesn't always tell the entire story.

Here is a video of the player that fell down as he WAS INJURED:

Here is the true story:

There's a story on the blog site, "Larry Brown Sports" carrying the headline: Georgia LB Leonard Floyd gets signal to fake injury (video)" that has caused a bit of a stir.

The video appears to back up exactly what the headline charges: That Georgia's defense, seeking to slow the pace and get a breather in Saturday night's game against Clemson, prompted an injury timeout by officials by telling Floyd to drop to the ground. You can see the player look to the sideline first, then go down. This actually is becoming an increasing issue in college football, as defenses look for ways to slow down sped-up, no-huddle offenses.

Georgia coach Mark Richt was asked about the play on his conference call Sunday night and clarified what happen. It wasn't a fake -- at least not a complete fake. Floyd was injured. He said Floyd had been kicked in the groin on that play, and video below appear to back up the coach's take.

But first, here's the coach's comments:

"When a guy is injured he needs to just stay down and not try to drag himself off the field," Richt said. "In the past you'd say, 'be brave and be and be tough and try to drag yourself off the field.' But what happens is when you do that you're giving the other team the advantage. So if you are hurt just stay down until the officials stop play and then you can come off the field and we can put the next guy in. So he was injured. And if a guy's injured now we're just telling him to stay down and don't come off until the officials stop play.
"Yeah, he got hit in his privates real hard. Actually it was a leg whip. I don't think it was intentional but it was a block, an across-body block and the leg kicked up and got into him. He was trying to figure what to do there but it was better off that he not play that next snap."

It all sounds plausible. But it's easy to see why Floyd's fall down became an internet sensation.

Richt denies Georgia player faked injury (video) | Jeff Schultz | Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News | www.ajc.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Clemson nor Georgia have the D to play for it all.

tOSU will appear to have it by seasons end thanks to their easy schedule.

tOSU
Bama

CFB is becoming predictable!

That is all.

Coming from a fan of a team that should've lost to Wyoming, you'll have to excuse me if I disregard anything you say.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a fan of a team that should've lost to Wyoming, you'll have to excuse me if I disregard anything you say.

Couldve wouldve shouldve. blah blah blah. You sound like a Duck.

You're entitled to disregard, but if you seriously think you have a championship calibre defense, you are mistaken.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldve wouldve shouldve. blah blah blah. You sound like a Duck.

You're entitled to disregard, but if you seriously think you have a championship calibre defense, you are mistaken.

Coming from a fan of the infamous "Blackshirt Defense," maybe you should think twice about calling other defenses out until yours can stop a wet paper towel.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaaaah! I see, you are one of those guys who brings up other teams in a thread about YOURS.

Noted.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaaaah! I see, you are one of those guys who brings up other teams in a thread about YOURS.

Noted.

Poor guy, what's wrong? Can't handle multiple trains of thought at once?