• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris out for Denver?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you put it fully to bed when even Elway says he will be a gametime decision?

Because that quote has been taken way out of context. If you would read more that has been written since that comment Elway was more referring to it was a "game time" decision of just how much he was going to play not whether he was going to play or not. Harris himself when I posted that said he was playing, the coaches had said he was playing, and he was a full participant at practice when I posted that. He is now listed as Probable which is pretty much saying "Yes he is going to play unless an act of God happens." I don't post things on here very often without having done my research.

Now that is unlike you when starting this thread posting an article from a guy that has a major beef with the Broncos organization for calling him out for being a crackpot reporter. This entire season he has been at odds with the team and again if you had done some research you would know this and know that whatever this guy posts about the Broncos can't be taken seriously.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that quote has been taken way out of context. If you would read more that has been written since that comment Elway was more referring to it was a "game time" decision of just how much he was going to play not whether he was going to play or not. Harris himself when I posted that said he was playing, the coaches had said he was playing, and he was a full participant at practice when I posted that. He is now listed as Probable which is pretty much saying "Yes he is going to play unless an act of God happens." I don't post things on here very often without having done my research.

Now that is unlike you when starting this thread posting an article from a guy that has a major beef with the Broncos organization for calling him out for being a crackpot reporter. This entire season he has been at odds with the team and again if you had done some research you would know this and know that whatever this guy posts about the Broncos can't be taken seriously.

Maybe if you had done some research you would know that nearly ever top tier team fan base thinks he has a major beef with them.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Florio is a troll and an idiot. Anyone would be wise to take everything he says with a heaping helping of salt.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Florio is a troll and an idiot. Anyone would be wise to take everything he says with a heaping helping of salt.

So does that then make Elway a troll as well, being that he is the one that made the comment?:scratch:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you had done some research you would know that nearly ever top tier team fan base thinks he has a major beef with them.

Which is why then using one of his articles to try and talk about this is just ridiculous. If you know that most top teams have a problem with this guy and that he constantly tries to bring about controversy where there is none then why use him as your starter for the conversation?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that then make Elway a troll as well, being that he is the one that made the comment?:scratch:

Have you never taken something that was out of context? He wasn't trying to troll someone. You want to talk about a coach trolling people. The final injury report just came out and it looks like about 1/3rd of the Patriots players are "Questionable" to play. I mean about half the team is on the injury report. He does that crap all the time.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you never taken something that was out of context? He wasn't trying to troll someone. You want to talk about a coach trolling people. The final injury report just came out and it looks like about 1/3rd of the Patriots players are "Questionable" to play. I mean about half the team is on the injury report. He does that crap all the time.

You clearly didn't follow along fully. Florio was called a troll for posting Elways comment, so that would make Elways comment a troll as well, wouldn't it.:thumb:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call Florio a troll for posting Elway's comment (which, like a troll, he took completely out of context), I'm calling him a troll for his nonstop make up crap and see what sticks troll history.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly didn't follow along fully. Florio was called a troll for posting Elways comment, so that would make Elways comment a troll as well, wouldn't it.:thumb:

No it would mean he took a person out of context and then used it to his own advantage to try and get more clicks.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it would mean he took a person out of context and then used it to his own advantage to try and get more clicks.

So what does that make the Denver Suntimes? They posted it with no further context, and seem to be just letting it hang out there.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Adam Schefter

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may in fact be 100% good to go, but attacking Florio doesn't change what Elway said.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may in fact be 100% good to go, but attacking Florio doesn't change what Elway said.

I'm not suggesting that it does change what Elway said. Florio took it a step further though by suggesting that the roster move the Broncos made when Omar Bolden went to the IR had more to do with Harris and his injury than it did with the fact Bolden a CB went on IR and they replaced him with another CB. Those other people while yeah they might be suggesting something with it they are not taking it a step further.

I mean reread the article you posted. He flat out says that the Broncos made this move to guard against the fact that Harris might not be ready to play or be very limited.

Again Elway said what he said and I'm sure if he could take back those words he would as they did not come out quite right. If you listen to the coaches and players in the interviews after practice that day they overemphasized just how healthy Harris is and that he is for sure playing. My guess is Elway heard how much that was being taken out of context and told the coaches to make sure to correct his mistake.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting that it does change what Elway said. Florio took it a step further though by suggesting that the roster move the Broncos made when Omar Bolden went to the IR had more to do with Harris and his injury than it did with the fact Bolden a CB went on IR and they replaced him with another CB. Those other people while yeah they might be suggesting something with it they are not taking it a step further.

I mean reread the article you posted. He flat out says that the Broncos made this move to guard against the fact that Harris might not be ready to play or be very limited.

Again Elway said what he said and I'm sure if he could take back those words he would as they did not come out quite right. If you listen to the coaches and players in the interviews after practice that day they overemphasized just how healthy Harris is and that he is for sure playing. My guess is Elway heard how much that was being taken out of context and told the coaches to make sure to correct his mistake.

Florio reported what was out there, and wasn't the only one.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio reported what was out there, and wasn't the only one.
No one else that I saw said that the Broncos promoted Nixon because they were concerned about Harris, that was all Florio.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was referring to the Elway portion.

Again I have no problem him reporting what Elway had to say. I am referring to the article that started this whole thing though where Florio jumped to the conclusion that Nixon was being promoted because the team didn't know if Harris would be able to play. That was utter crap from the beginning and the team would have never even began to make such speculations let alone told a media person something like that just 1 day after the game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I have no problem him reporting what Elway had to say. I am referring to the article that started this whole thing though where Florio jumped to the conclusion that Nixon was being promoted because the team didn't know if Harris would be able to play. That was utter crap from the beginning and the team would have never even began to make such speculations let alone told a media person something like that just 1 day after the game.

Crap in your opinion. You don't know the progression of how he came to think that.

Either way, the reaction was to attack Florio, as demonstrated as the method when he reported what Elway said.

Reporters get things wrong at times, and in this case it was minor at best.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap in your opinion. You don't know the progression of how he came to think that.

Either way, the reaction was to attack Florio, as demonstrated as the method when he reported what Elway said.

Reporters get things wrong at times, and in this case it was minor at best.
Believe what you like. Florio has a terrible reputation for a reason.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a ton of these guys are not playing at 100% but they sure as hell are playing.. It's not just Belichick, most coaches don't feel the need to be specific about injuries unless they have to be.