• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris out for Denver?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to this! He is about the worst at the whole "Click Bait" type posts. I mean half the stuff on his website is about how a player "feels" which is something you can't hardly prove unless the player flat out says it. I mean last year he kept writing about how DT was upset about his contract not being done and because of that this made Manning really upset at the team. He is the King of Unnamed sources.

You apparently haven't heard of a certain poster by the name of Hammer that happens to own this site.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Patriots don't fall for the good old, "i slide, I'm giving myself up" and then long ball.

I don't see a problem with the Broncos being able to run the ball.

I'm not convinced they will be able to run. This smacks of BB stacking the box and daring Manning to pass.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparently haven't heard of a certain poster by the name of Hammer that happens to own this site.

He is not claiming to be some high ranking official with all these great sources. He is just running an opinion website.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not loving the "go for the knees" comment by Harris.

Going low on Gronk and taking his legs out from under him is nothing unexpected or surprising at all but I hate when players think targeting things like knees is "ok"

For any player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not loving the "go for the knees" comment by Harris.

Going low on Gronk and taking his legs out from under him is nothing unexpected or surprising at all but I hate when players think targeting things like knees is "ok"

For any player.

What are they supposed to do? I mean Gronk is bigger than any player on the Broncos other than the DL and OL. If you played football at any level coaches always taught that if the guy is bigger you need to go lower to take them down. Hitting them high just plays right into what they want you to do. If I were a player on the Broncos yeah the knees are where I would go too. Not to injure him but to bring him down and I would be "ok" with it every time. Gronk I'm sure realizes almost everybody has had this mindset on him since middle school.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smaller guys on defense have been tackling big guys on offense at the knees since the beginning of football. That's how you bring them down.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they supposed to do? I mean Gronk is bigger than any player on the Broncos other than the DL and OL. If you played football at any level coaches always taught that if the guy is bigger you need to go lower to take them down. Hitting them high just plays right into what they want you to do. If I were a player on the Broncos yeah the knees are where I would go too. Not to injure him but to bring him down and I would be "ok" with it every time. Gronk I'm sure realizes almost everybody has had this mindset on him since middle school.

Brady himself has said similar.

The danger with knees is if the leg is planted, like it was when Ward wrecked Gronk's knee 2 years ago?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady himself has said similar.

The danger with knees is if the leg is planted, like it was when Ward wrecked Gronk's knee 2 years ago?

With how fast the game is that is the chance Gronk takes. He knows it and every other player in the league knows it. I mean players can't time up when to hit to make sure a players leg isn't fully planted like on that play. As much as some Patriots fans want to act like that was a dirty hit it was very legal and what many players have done to Gronk since. IT just so happened he got injured on that one.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a difference between taking down a player by going low and going specifically for his knees, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY.

There is a big difference. You don't think we Patriots fans see players take Gronk down by going low? A LOT..

Players grab him by the lower legs and ankles, shoulder roll at him all the time and it does work real well. Very effective and yes there's still a danger of an injury but it's a hell of lot different than going for the knees. Part of it is part of the game and part of it shouldn't be. It should not be the mindset of a player.

There's a difference between going for a player low and going to the knees. It's not ok.

It's the same thing when players say they can't do anything about wacking a player in the head.

Think about it.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between taking down a player by going low and going specifically for his knees, ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY.

There is a big difference. You don't think we Patriots fans see players take Gronk down by going low? A LOT..

Players grab him by the lower legs and ankles all the time and it does work real well. Very effective and yes there's still a danger of an injury but it's a hell of lot different than going for the knees. Part of it is part of the game and part of it shouldn't be. It should not be the mindset of a player.

There's a difference between going for a player low and going to the knees. It's not ok.

Think about it.
I think some topics should be reserved for the one's that have played football.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how fast the game is that is the chance Gronk takes. He knows it and every other player in the league knows it. I mean players can't time up when to hit to make sure a players leg isn't fully planted like on that play. As much as some Patriots fans want to act like that was a dirty hit it was very legal and what many players have done to Gronk since. IT just so happened he got injured on that one.

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out that a planted leg is the danger.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "good thing" is the Patriots defense isn't as bad against the Long Ball as the Steelers. But they will clearly be trying to stop the run which will leave them very susceptible to the long ball to Sanders and Thomas.
And just who is going to be throwing these "long balls"?

It sure as fuck won't be Manning.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with a run-based plan against the Pats is that you'll gain the middle of the field but it's awfully tough to run it in the red zone.