• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris out for Denver?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We understand it plenty. You posted an article trying to say that Harris is more banged up than he really is right now to the point that there was speculation that he wouldn't play. He has said even right after the Steelers game that he was playing so it was utter nonsense to suggest otherwise unless something crazy happened. You posted a troll thread and people are just calling that out.

Need to work on your post season reading comprehension.

I posted a question, and then Denver fans, yourself included, ran with it as if it was a troll. later on you complained that you just want to talk football, ignoring the fact you were asked a direct question in the OP.

This would be a huge problem for Denver and could be the straw that breaks the Broncos back. If he doesn't go, how do they defend the Pats with Edlemen and Gronk playing?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to work on your post season reading comprehension.

I posted a question, and then Denver fans, yourself included, ran with it as if it was a troll. later on you complained that you just want to talk football, ignoring the fact you were asked a direct question in the OP.

I didn't answer the question because it wasn't going to happen unless an act of God hit him during the week. Like I said he already said after the Pitt game he was going to play. Coaches the day after the game were saying he was going to play. Heck he said his shoulder felt better than it did all the week before on Monday of this week. So hard to take your question serious when the hypothetical you posted had about a 1% chance of actually happening. That would be like me saying "how do you think the Patriots do if Brady can't play?"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't answer the question because it wasn't going to happen unless an act of God hit him during the week. Like I said he already said after the Pitt game he was going to play. Coaches the day after the game were saying he was going to play. Heck he said his shoulder felt better than it did all the week before on Monday of this week. So hard to take your question serious when the hypothetical you posted had about a 1% chance of actually happening. That would be like me saying "how do you think the Patriots do if Brady can't play?"

Easy.

Garrapolo would be in a game manager role, and expected to go to the bigger target Gronkowski, with Edleman running less timing routes. Probably see a fair amount of roll outs since he is a bit mobile, etc, etc.

See it's not that hard, and my question was substantially more legit based on likelyhood. Even if Harris plays, does he cover Edlemen if he isn't 100%, which I don't believe he will be, being it was a bone bruise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy.

Garrapolo would be in a game manager role, and expected to go to the bigger target Gronkowski, with Edleman running less timing routes. Probably see a fair amount of roll outs since he is a bit mobile, etc, etc.

See it's not that hard, and my question was substantially more legit based on likelyhood. Even if Harris plays, does he cover Edlemen if he isn't 100%, which I don't believe he will be, being it was a bone bruise.

Well he just was on the radio today saying he plans on being the one covering Edelman during the game. His shoulder is feeling much better where he does feel he can use that arm much more this week. Edelman also is a much smaller receiver than what he was playing against last week with Pitt.

I mean we are talking last week he covered a 6'5" guy with legit 4.3 speed to this week a 5'10" guy that is quick but not as much on the top end. So 2 very different styles of WR. Edelman fits more the type he likes to cover. Now given Edelman is probably the best at what he does so not saying this is an easy win for Harris especially not knowing injury wise how he will be limited but I honestly would rather him go against Edelman than Bryant any day of the week. Really this year the WR's the Broncos have struggled with the most are the top end speed guys that can beat them over the top. Mike Wallace had a very good game against the Broncos and of course Brown had a great game against the Broncos. Not many others have been able to say that.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he just was on the radio today saying he plans on being the one covering Edelman during the game. His shoulder is feeling much better where he does feel he can use that arm much more this week. Edelman also is a much smaller receiver than what he was playing against last week with Pitt.

I mean we are talking last week he covered a 6'5" guy with legit 4.3 speed to this week a 5'10" guy that is quick but not as much on the top end. So 2 very different styles of WR. Edelman fits more the type he likes to cover. Now given Edelman is probably the best at what he does so not saying this is an easy win for Harris especially not knowing injury wise how he will be limited but I honestly would rather him go against Edelman than Bryant any day of the week. Really this year the WR's the Broncos have struggled with the most are the top end speed guys that can beat them over the top. Mike Wallace had a very good game against the Broncos and of course Brown had a great game against the Broncos. Not many others have been able to say that.

Why I'm interested to find out come Sunday what percent his arm is at, because if it's say 60 for arguments sake, the post catch yards will go way up. Now if it's say 80, yards go up, but to a lesser degree, and is that a threshold they move him to another player besides JE.

He will play I'm sure, but there is no way he's 100 with a bone bruise. 95, 90, 85? And where is the point that it changes coverage.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I'm interested to find out come Sunday what percent his arm is at, because if it's say 60 for arguments sake, the post catch yards will go way up. Now if it's say 80, yards go up, but to a lesser degree, and is that a threshold they move him to another player besides JE.

He will play I'm sure, but there is no way he's 100 with a bone bruise. 95, 90, 85? And where is the point that it changes coverage.

Is any player 100% right now though? I mean heck Edelman is still working his way back from an injury...Can you claim he is 100% right now? How about Gronk who I think I heard had to go get a shot in his back to be able to play this past week? All these guys are banged up so if Harris is 80% or better yeah I will take that at this time of the year. Yeah he might give up a play or two and maybe that does make the difference but I would rather go down doing what has gotten us here with Harris lining up on a player like Edelman and being trusted to shut him down most plays.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is any player 100% right now though? I mean heck Edelman is still working his way back from an injury...Can you claim he is 100% right now? How about Gronk who I think I heard had to go get a shot in his back to be able to play this past week? All these guys are banged up so if Harris is 80% or better yeah I will take that at this time of the year. Yeah he might give up a play or two and maybe that does make the difference but I would rather go down doing what has gotten us here with Harris lining up on a player like Edelman and being trusted to shut him down most plays.

Actually JE is likley 100%, or in the 95 plus range.

And you missed what I was getting at. I never said bench Harris if not 100, I was asking what is the reduced physical state where he get's moved to another reciever.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually JE is likley 100%, or in the 95 plus range.

And you missed what I was getting at. I never said bench Harris if not 100, I was asking what is the reduced physical state where he get's moved to another reciever.

I have no clue. My guess is they will give him at least the 1st half to see what he can do. Even if he is getting beat they will give him every chance. Like I said at this point in the year you win or lose with what has gotten you here and that would be Harris playing against Edelman. If he isn't good enough to win that battle then not sure any of our other corners are good enough to line up with Edelman every single down. Most likely switch to a more zone style of play.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue. My guess is they will give him at least the 1st half to see what he can do. Even if he is getting beat they will give him every chance. Like I said at this point in the year you win or lose with what has gotten you here and that would be Harris playing against Edelman. If he isn't good enough to win that battle then not sure any of our other corners are good enough to line up with Edelman every single down. Most likely switch to a more zone style of play.

If zone is the option then he is very key to this game, and a must have for Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If zone is the option then he is very key to this game, and a must have for Denver.

If Broncos have to play zone to cover up the issues in coverage then honestly it is game over in my opinion. I do think they will play more zone this time around than in week 12 as it is something they have been doing a bit more as the season has rolled on but for the most part they will know they will have to play great man coverage if they are to win this game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos have to play zone to cover up the issues in coverage then honestly it is game over in my opinion. I do think they will play more zone this time around than in week 12 as it is something they have been doing a bit more as the season has rolled on but for the most part they will know they will have to play great man coverage if they are to win this game.

To win this Denver needs to go man early and often, jamming the recievers off the line. It may or may not stop the pass receptions, but it gives the rush a fraction of a second more time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win this Denver needs to go man early and often, jamming the recievers off the line. It may or may not stop the pass receptions, but it gives the rush a fraction of a second more time.

Exactly...The Patriots have the perfect zone eating type receivers who can find the holes quickly and just sit. Like I said Broncos will have to live or die by man coverage most of the game with switching it up every once in a while just to make Brady respect that they won't go man all day.