• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chipper Jones. Braves hero. Still.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that song, but mainly because of here lol never seen the movie though.

It's no oscar winner, to be sure. It does have some moments though. It is a parody of those who sing in organized acappella groups.

If you have ever watched the occasional and seasonal show The Sing Off, it is all the more funny,

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no oscar winner, to be sure. It does have some moments though. It is a parody of those who sing in organized acappella groups.

If you have ever watched the occasional and seasonal show The Sing Off, it is all the more funny,

Ohh I know what it is, just haven't seen it. Like Kendrick so i'll eventually watch it.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found out last night that I will be getting 12 weeks of down time this summer. I foresee lots of nights laying on the couch watching baseball.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found out last night that I will be getting 12 weeks of down time this summer. I foresee lots of nights laying on the couch watching baseball.

lucky bastid

the last time I had 2 consecutive weeks off was when I was 15 years old.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh it can be enjoyable, but it puts a hurting on your bank account

Time off is great,.... in a way. For me anyway, any time off for any reason just means that I will have that much worked piled up waiting for me when I get back. As such, taking any time off is never a real joy.

That said, time off without choice and pay is inconceivable. I make a decent living, but, at the same time, I am just barely making it while paying all my bills, and all on time. Just one little hiccup, and I am screwed.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time off is great,.... in a way. For me anyway, any time off for any reason just means that I will have that much worked piled up waiting for me when I get back. As such, taking any time off is never a real joy.

That said, time off without choice and pay is inconceivable. I make a decent living, but, at the same time, I am just barely making it while paying all my bills, and all on time. Just one little hiccup, and I am screwed.

when we go back after the break, I will have to be trained in pop rivets because they will have done away with welding on the trucks.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know if you are or have been pretty good at what you do for a living?

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Every time Peyton Manning sets foot in the locker room lately, he comes across No. 18 jerseys that other members of the Denver Broncos left for him to sign.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Happens all season. Except nowadays, instead of asking him to donate an autograph for some sort of fundraising endeavor, teammates are eyeing a personal keepsake - as if they're worried they won't get another chance.

No matter that the 37-year-old Manning has made plain he has no intention of retiring right now, whether his Broncos win or lose against the Seattle Seahawks in Sunday's Super Bowl.
''A lot of them had a note: 'Sign this for me.' So I must have signed 10 jerseys for my teammates,'' Manning said Tuesday at media day, ''which makes me think they think I probably should be out of here after this game.''
As he spoke, Manning jutted out his right thumb, using the universal symbol for ''Take a hike!''
''I feel,'' he added, ''like they're dropping hints to me.''
The anecdote was told with a chuckle, part of Manning's amused take on all the questions he's getting lately about his ''legacy'' and his future.
''All these hints at, like, retirement,'' Manning replied when a reporter wanted to know about post-playing plans. ''I guess everybody's trying to get rid of me.''

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we go back after the break, I will have to be trained in pop rivets because they will have done away with welding on the trucks.

To someone who knows zero about this, it sounds a bit less safe.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know if you are or have been pretty good at what you do for a living?

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Every time Peyton Manning sets foot in the locker room lately, he comes across No. 18 jerseys that other members of the Denver Broncos left for him to sign.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Happens all season. Except nowadays, instead of asking him to donate an autograph for some sort of fundraising endeavor, teammates are eyeing a personal keepsake - as if they're worried they won't get another chance.

No matter that the 37-year-old Manning has made plain he has no intention of retiring right now, whether his Broncos win or lose against the Seattle Seahawks in Sunday's Super Bowl.
''A lot of them had a note: 'Sign this for me.' So I must have signed 10 jerseys for my teammates,'' Manning said Tuesday at media day, ''which makes me think they think I probably should be out of here after this game.''
As he spoke, Manning jutted out his right thumb, using the universal symbol for ''Take a hike!''
''I feel,'' he added, ''like they're dropping hints to me.''
The anecdote was told with a chuckle, part of Manning's amused take on all the questions he's getting lately about his ''legacy'' and his future.
''All these hints at, like, retirement,'' Manning replied when a reporter wanted to know about post-playing plans. ''I guess everybody's trying to get rid of me.''

LOL at PMFM's self deprecating remarks about his teammates thinking it's time for him to retire. I guarantee that the only reason a teammate would hope for that is if that player intends to play for a team other than Denver next year!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gov't approved it and my job is to make certain that if the truck is in an accident, the metal doesn't fall apart.

they will be perfectly safe.

Very good to know. Not that I was really questoning, but more just admitting my ingorance when it comes to fixing things. Anything really.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this car from the movie Grease?

229415ec-1391-4103-80c0-662f946379f6_grease_car.jpg

Someone has given it a complete and total restoration to how it was in the movie, and is selling it on e-bay now.

The current bid is over $ 100,000.

I wonder if flames can or will actually shoot out the back, like in the movie? I know it can be done, but the story does not say if it actually does, or ever really did ( movie magic? )

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunch is over and now i'm back at work for another 3.5 hours :L

And I am deciding on whether to cut and run the rest of today.

One can only be bored by the content of what they do so long and often.........

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does this not surprise me, not one little bit?

Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker became the object of scorn from his former coach Bill Belichick, for a playoff hit that took out cornerback Aqib Talib.
But Welker said Belichick shouldn’t be upset — primarily because the same play was in the Patriots playbook.
We ran the same play,” Welker said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald.
“It’s a rub play that everybody runs,” he said. “It’s one of those deals where you try to get a rub on that guy, and really, if you can get him to go over the top of you, the more separation the other receiver will have. That’s what I tried to do to get Demaryius [Thomas] a little more open, and unfortunately, we collided.”
Welker was also asked if Belichick hated him, since the Patriots coach coolly referred to his former player as “the receiver” when discussing the play.
“I don’t know if he does,” Welker said. “That’s a question for him.”
So is whether Belichick in fact had the same idea with Welker when he was one of his.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO IT!!!!

If I do, it wil be out of spite.

I really don't appreciate being asked to do the receptionists job, just because their supervisor does not know how to schedule around lunches.