• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Cut Jeremy Maclin

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good nite children, I will return with some more lessons for you tomorrow....:D

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he? I thought I heard that the big injury had slowed him since his days in Philly. Wasn't he more productive back then? It seems Alex Smith, a guy I just have to root for, does not use his outside guys much anyway.
The only knock I can think of is that he overachieved with his catch rate with in 2015.

He still has some good years left in him

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read and comprehend moron, or mind your own business....We're having a conversation between 2 winning NFL organizations....You wouldn't understand with those losers in Philly....:tsk:

I'm just wondering why Joe Flacco's salary or his stats/performance from 5 years ago have any bearing on whether he's a good quarterback today.

Or are you unable to come up with a coherent idea or rational thought, so you deflect by pointing out that the teams I like aren't very good?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I think this is very smart. He was hurt last year. If nothing else it's inventory. Had a brief rebound to close out the year. I am probably the most comfortable guy out there with Tyreek Hill and Conley but that looks a lot better if Maclin is in the equation. No reason to give up on Maclin in 2017.

Sounds like money was as big a part of this decision as performance or lack there of.

Whether Hill and Conley are the right 1-2 punch to go with Kelce it's hard to say, but I don't think they got better with this move.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like money was as big a part of this decision as performance or lack there of.

Whether Hill and Conley are the right 1-2 punch to go with Kelce it's hard to say, but I don't think they got better with this move.

Yeah, they just got really thin at WR...Conley feels like a guy ive heard about for a couple seasons now that hasnt really met the expectations.......And I still see Hill as a gadget do everything guy, rather than a WR lining up wide

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they just got really thin at WR...Conley feels like a guy ive heard about for a couple seasons now that hasnt really met the expectations.......And I still see Hill as a gadget do everything guy, rather than a WR lining up wide

Conley, if this is the same player...w/o looking it up I think this is a UGA kid. At most a WR2, probably better suited for 3 on a playoff caliber team.

Agree with you on Hill...dangerous player with the ball in his hands, but not a complete WR.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they even give much of a hoot about 2017 to be quite frank. They didn't have to cut Maclin this year to make the money situation work in the short-term. This is all about the guys who are gonna be here for 2018 and that means Hill, Conley, Robinson, and Chesson.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not seeing where the Hill gadget thing is coming from is my only thing. Yeah he has an unsustainable TD rate and he's not going to average 15+ on the ground, but shows most everything you'd ever want out of a 5'10" WR. Has all the potential. Patterson or Tavon Austin he ain't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not seeing where the Hill gadget thing is coming from is my only thing. Yeah he has an unsustainable TD rate and he's not going to average 15+ on the ground, but shows most everything you'd ever want out of a 5'10" WR. Has all the potential. Patterson or Tavon Austin he ain't.

I dont mean it negatively, he is a major asset and weapon...But from a traditional sense, of lining up wide and drawing #1 corners, etc., dont see him as that guy....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they even give much of a hoot about 2017 to be quite frank. They didn't have to cut Maclin this year to make the money situation work in the short-term. This is all about the guys who are gonna be here for 2018 and that means Hill, Conley, Robinson, and Chesson.

You know the temperature in KC a lot better than me in terms of the cap, but if money wasn't a factor it does make this move more baffling from afar.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mean it negatively, he is a major asset and weapon...But from a traditional sense, of lining up wide and drawing #1 corners, etc., dont see him as that guy....
Eh, I've seen him beat some pretty good corners like Chris Harris and Talib. Agree to disagree. I am more concerned about how he learns more intermediate routes to expand his routetree more and his Yards per Catch. Gonna drop some of Mosher's stuff in here from the past couple days. Has every chance in the world to be an elite WR if his head is screwed on straight, imo. As for 2017? Not sure it even matters. It's more about 2018 at this point which is weird for a team that quite plausibly is in the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I've seen him beat some pretty good corners like Chris Harris and Talib. Agree to disagree. I am more concerned about how he learns more intermediate routes to expand his routetree more and his Yards per Catch. Gonna drop some of Mosher's stuff in here from the past couple days. Has every chance in the world to be an elite WR if his head is screwed on straight, imo. As for 2017? Not sure it even matters. It's more about 2018 at this point which is weird for a team that quite plausibly is in the playoffs.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some Eagle fans were pissed when he walked to KC, looking back now it looks like a solid move on the Eagles front office.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more (sorry if it's a little spammy, SportsHoopla only lets you post 5 media images at a time)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the temperature in KC a lot better than me in terms of the cap, but if money wasn't a factor it does make this move more baffling from afar.
If you can keep the cap in check to sign draft picks by cutting a punter, a swing tackle, and the like, but you elect to cut Maclin... something is fishy about that arrangement. And I don't think it's actual talent either.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the relevance of any of the crap you just spewed?
You don't know OldTool do you? That's all he's got. He's stuck in a perpetual spin cycle. Stop the world he wants to get off.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True NE fan, cheat and with the evidence staring in his face, no problem, Lie and Deny.....:clap:
The hurt still burns I see. Just because you continue on your stupid diatribe it won't become fact.
Embrace the suck of your team life will be better for you.
Oh and get a coach who knows the rules:pound::pound::lol:

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last splurge I am posting. Still think it's a little weird people are pegging this guy as a gadget guy rather than a WR with a large skillset. Would be a homer not to acknowledge he has issues but the ceiling is pretty obvious, imo.