• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bears OFFICIAL Free Agency Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mold firmly into chip. Places squarely on shoulder.

Yeah, the context of that is very skewed in that article.

They were going through teams that were possible landing spots for him. He said nice things about all the teams. The context wasn't; "I wish I was there instead of here". He was just saying he likes Cobb and would have welcomed a call.

He talked about how much he'd like to go play for Fox again during Super Bowl media week.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda disapointed that DT/DE Jarvis Jenkins went to the Jets ("Chicago Bears EAST coast version"?) thought he played well on his one year prove it deal. Thought the Bears would bring him back- 3 years $8M was reasonable.

Yes, I agree on Jenkins, but realistically, Goldman, Sutton and Ferguson should be enough for the middle if they can stay healthy. I guess losing a prove it player is better than watching another second and third round pick get cut. We needed a corner, I really thought Porter only showed up big in two or three games last year. McManus might end up taking a spot from one of this years draft picks that has as good a chance as anyone as standing out on special teams. I guess it just paced the bears to second and third tier signings.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it just paced the bears to second and third tier signings.
Why do you always have this defeated attitude? "Cutler Sucks, BM needed to stay, pay Forte... I think you should work on a new thread, honestly- Why do even like the bears?

Are you the type of guy that wants the Bears to "WIN" free agency? Would you feel better if they spent like the Giants did?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you always have this defeated attitude? "Cutler Sucks, BM needed to stay, pay Forte... I think you should work on a new thread, honestly- Why do even like the bears?

Are you the type of guy that wants the Bears to "WIN" free agency? Would you feel better if they spent like the Giants did?

Why is it a defeated attitude when they have moved to second tier and not saving money for another big name signing?

And no, I am not the guy saying "We have all this cap space we can really make alot of moves". I will take them building the team in 3 years via the draft thank you. Then Fox and Pace go out and sign two guys nobody even mentioned as targets here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it a defeated attitude when they have moved to second tier and not saving money for another big name signing?

And no, I am not the guy saying "We have all this cap space we can really make alot of moves". I will take them building the team in 3 years via the draft thank you. Then Fox and Pace go out and sign two guys nobody even mentioned as targets here.

Trevathan is a good pick up that fills a need. So does Massie. I think they were both good pickups.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are these big names that they missed out on? Seriously... who did they miss that you would have signed to big deals?

Bears get LB Jerrell Freeman from Colts. 3 years deal.
And resigned DL Mitch Unrein to two year deal

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, much improved ILB core now. Would love to snag Hicks, but this draft is deep in D line talent. Solid off season so far. I would say B, B+ range. For now.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying they are not good players, I am not saying they are not welcome additions to this football teams, I am just saying that nobody was here saying I sure hope they get Trevathan as a free agent, thats all. Giving more money to porter just showed we were not going to look to upgrade at the corner. The money they gave porter is what the jets signed Forte for. 3/12.

Freeman was undrafted out of college, did not make the roster. Spent 4 years with sascachewan, and actually had more tackles last year thatn Trevathan.

Just trying to make conversation on a board that has gone lame. Talk amongst yourself I guess.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying they are not good players, I am not saying they are not welcome additions to this football teams, I am just saying that nobody was here saying I sure hope they get Trevathan as a free agent, thats all. Giving more money to porter just showed we were not going to look to upgrade at the corner. The money they gave porter is what the jets signed Forte for. 3/12.

Freeman was undrafted out of college, did not make the roster. Spent 4 years with sascachewan, and actually had more tackles last year thatn Trevathan.

Just trying to make conversation on a board that has gone lame. Talk amongst yourself I guess.
It's your world AI, we're just living in it... You still haven't answered the question. If not these guys who? Who would you have signed in Free Agency? You think they are going "2nd tier" and yet you didn't put up any names that I can recall either.
(And yes many on here were excited and wanting Travathan before FA started)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your conversation seems to always be the same. It's always just you complaining about all-things-Bears, and then whining that no one on a Bears forum wants to converse with you. You believe everyone is just a homer and that you provide a necessary unbiased insight, but if you are ALWAYS against the Bears and everything they do, then you are just an antagonist.....or a Packers fan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of respectable signings of pre prime players at reasonable prices in our area's of need. If anyone is complaining they are nuts. The fact Pace is not overpaying in this cap friendly offseason is huge for me.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I did not think we would upgrade both ILB positions, which the Bears completed today, I only hoped we could snag Trevathan and when healthy a tackling machine in Freeman. The other resourceful ability of these two, apparently is that they can both cover TE's or RB's. Also, the fact we improved 2 positions on the Oline with 1 signing is a bonus. Also, it does not appear we overpaid for any of the signings with the possible exception of Porter, as s mentioned. However, when healthy, Porter played well last season.
I would love to see Hicks signed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude... what the fuck is your deal?

There's rankings of NFL LB's where both Trevathan and Freeman are ranked #2 and #3 behind only Luke Kuechly!

What the fuck do you want? To spend 100 mil on Wilkerson or some shit? We got two of the best LB's IN FOOTBALL, and for good value.

Yet... you bitch.

Then the Porter/Forte thing? Seriously? My god...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I did not think we would upgrade both ILB positions, which the Bears completed today, I only hoped we could snag Trevathan and when healthy a tackling machine in Freeman. The other resourceful ability of these two, apparently is that they can both cover TE's or RB's. Also, the fact we improved 2 positions on the Oline with 1 signing is a bonus. Also, it does not appear we overpaid for any of the signings with the possible exception of Porter, as s mentioned. However, when healthy, Porter played well last season.
I would love to see Hicks signed.

Why is no one jumping for joy here?

These are two A+ signings. Pace is killing it.

Our front seven looks FIERCE right now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Your battered girlfriend act again?

"I just want to talk... WAAAAAH!!!! Don't listen to me then!"

The fact is, this board has been dead since January dude. Trevathan and Freeman were possibly the two most touted free agent LB's on the market.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can lock up Hicks tomorrow... this will be a hugely successful FA week.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, big if though. Hicks is suppose to head to Detroit next.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Off of Bleacher Report:

At 6’5”, 324 pounds, Akiem Hicks should be a valuable commodity. He’s versatile enough to play as a 3-4 defensive end or a 4-3 defensive tackle. His stint with New England was successful as he rotated with several other quality linemen. Considering he’s only 26, it’s probably just a matter of time until Hicks is snatched up.

It said besides the Bears, he also visited Detroit...... To hell with Detroit, lets sign.....Sounds like a great acquisitionn to me.

BR had him as the 2nd best de out there behind Greg Hardy:-)nono:) and just ahead of Chris Long.....(which would be a good consolation prize if Hicks goes somewhere else).