• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Strong to Texas

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Stewart Simkins, founder of the Florida Ku Klux Klan, will come back and haunt the Forty Acres. Simkins Hall was named after him.

Yep, he did that after the Civil War. He was also considered a Confederate War Hero, taught Law at UT many years.
Every Thanksgiving he gave a speech where he decried Northern carpetbaggers who, he thought, helped promote a culture of poverty among freed slaves, and proclaimed his belief that the South had overcome its racist past and had arisen as an economic powerhouse.

Simkins Hall is no longer named after him. It was changed in 2010 to Creekside Residency Hall when it came to light that he founded the Florida KKK.

Shame on you for bringing up such a subject on a sports message board. Your attempt at shaming UT has only shown yourself to be a lowlife. I could spent a little time bringing up more recent history where the citizens and the state of Nebraska shame themselves with low-class behavior but I've got better things to do.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will not hire a coach who finished the 2013 regular season 8-4, just like Mack.
Texas will not hire a coach who finished the 2012 season 9-4, just like Mack.
Franklin is neither an offensive or defensive mastermind, he's almost like Mack.
-------
So, you're saying Texas will be without a coach next year?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Stewart Simkins, founder of the Florida Ku Klux Klan, will come back and haunt the Forty Acres. Simkins Hall was named after him.

Doesnt surprise me one bit. The racism at that program was absurd.

I cant believe they call their stadium DKR. A man that could have been a voice and a leader for racial equality slapped the notion in the face.

Just think, if you were a 17 or 18 year old that wanted to play football for Texas pre 1970 you werent allowed based on the color of your skin.

And their argument is.... Well, its different here. Ya right, sure it is. But a state that eats, breathes and sleeps football and puts their coach on a pedestal more than they do any other person could have been the voice for what is right. And he chose to keep his all white football team in tact. He was a Disgusting man.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he did that after the Civil War. He was also considered a Confederate War Hero, taught Law at UT many years.
Every Thanksgiving he gave a speech where he decried Northern carpetbaggers who, he thought, helped promote a culture of poverty among freed slaves, and proclaimed his belief that the South had overcome its racist past and had arisen as an economic powerhouse.

Simkins Hall is no longer named after him. It was changed in 2010 to Creekside Residency Hall when it came to light that he founded the Florida KKK.

Shame on you for bringing up such a subject on a sports message board. Your attempt at shaming UT has only shown yourself to be a lowlife. I could spent a little time bringing up more recent history where the citizens and the state of Nebraska shame themselves with low-class behavior but I've got better things to do.

It is directly tied to the threads subject imo. Texas has a few black HC candidates. With their history of racism it is a very worthy topic in a thread dedicated to one of those candidates.

Progressive thinking that no doubt would be a major story and topic if an AA coach were hired.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained exactly what I meant by that... don't be a troll. I laid it out plainly.

As in the PROs, at a place like Texas, you want a system that gets the VERY BEST out of your elite recruits AS OPPOSED to places like Vandy, Stanford, etc, where it's a good idea to scheme to get 80% out of your players 100% of the time...
-------
This looks good on paper but does it really work? With the number of players that are merely using college as a stepping stone to the pros, (and they come from all schools), you only get them for a couple of years and that's hardly enough time to get the "best" out of elite recruits. After a couple of years they are gone just at the time they can be playing at their bery best.

I think it makes more sense especially at blue blood schools that get elite recruits to get 80% out of these players while they are at the school simply because of the time factor in not only learning your position but fitting into a program as well. One of the biggest adjustments for the elite recruits is realizing you're not the only "elite" recruit and you have to learn to be a team player.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also a lowlife for bringing up racism, which was common 40 years ago. Do you believe I couldn't find racists in Oregon's history? How about other cultures which aren't considered the norm in America today?

I already proved that DKR tried to change the racist culture before 1970 and you ignored it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is one person acting like a low-life in this thread. :whistle:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, if you were a 17 or 18 year old that wanted to play football for Texas pre 1970 you werent allowed based on the color of your skin.

And their argument is.... Well, its different here. Ya right, sure it is. But a state that eats, breathes and sleeps football and puts their coach on a pedestal more than they do any other person could have been the voice for what is right. And he chose to keep his all white football team in tact. He was a Disgusting man.

Reread my post where he had 2 scholarships offered and signed to black football players pre-1970.

Please attempt to prove DKR was Disgusting man, other than by offering your opinion.

A poster with the moniker of White Mamba, complaining about racism is hypocrisy.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also a lowlife for bringing up racism, which was common 40 years ago. Do you believe I couldn't find racists in Oregon's history? How about other cultures which aren't considered the norm in America today?

I already proved that DKR tried to change the racist culture before 1970 and you ignored it.

Proved it? Will have to disagree.

I have heard the story before. I just believe he could have done much more.

But hey, he did bring your team National Championships so I get defending him...:lame:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proved it? Will have to disagree.

I have heard the story before. I just believe he could have done much more.

But hey, he did bring your team National Championships so I get defending him...:lame:

It has nothing to do with NCs. It has to do with the truth and you don't seem to agree with it.

Why don't you admit you were wrong and should have stated pre-1968? You were ignorant of the history and really didn't give a shit or you are like way too many on this board and trolling.

There were few if any whites in the south that were willing to buck the system and decry racism. The south was full of Democrats until the Civil Rights Act was passed and then it became a GOP bastion.

Name the white Southern Football Coaches who were vocal about giving blacks a chance. I'm not writing about the ones who gave scholarships to blacks, but those who gave speeches attacking racism. You won't find any.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor ('65), SMU ('65) and Houston ('64) all integrated before UT.

NINE years after Texas Regents approved integration (in 1964), DKR had still only offered 6 schollys to black players. From '64-'67, DKR offered no schollys to black players. You didn't prove shit. Or you don't know what 'proved' means.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gruden interested?

I wonder how interested he'd be in all that goes along with recruiting and dealing with boosters en sech at a place like UT. He really strikes me as an "NFL guy" to be honest. Not that he couldn't do it, just don't know how much he'd want to.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with NCs. It has to do with the truth and you don't seem to agree with it.

Why don't you admit you were wrong and should have stated pre-1968? You were ignorant of the history and really didn't give a shit or you are like way too many on this board and trolling.

There were few if any whites in the south that were willing to buck the system and decry racism. The south was full of Democrats until the Civil Rights Act was passed and then it became a GOP bastion.

Name the white Southern Football Coaches who were vocal about giving blacks a chance. I'm not writing about the ones who gave scholarships to blacks, but those who gave speeches attacking racism. You won't find any.

Speaking my mind on the Texas football program pre 1970 is not trolling.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gruden interested?

I wonder how interested he'd be in all that goes along with recruiting and dealing with boosters en sech at a place like UT. He really strikes me as an "NFL guy" to be honest. Not that he couldn't do it, just don't know how much he'd want to.
I like Gruden, but have the same feelings about him being more suited to the NFL. But it would be pretty cool to see him give it a go at UT.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor ('65), SMU ('65) and Houston ('64) all integrated before UT.

NINE years after Texas Regents approved integration (in 1964), DKR had still only offered 6 schollys to black players. From '64-'67, DKR offered no schollys to black players. You didn't prove shit. Or you don't know what 'proved' means.

Read "White" Mamba's post. He wrote pre-1970 and I gave him 2 instances. Get it? He was wrong and can't admit it. In fact, he decided to 'disagree' with facts. SMH.

I realize that many posters hate Texas. Does your hate make you not comprehend the totality of statements?

You are smart enough to read, spend some time correlating the facts. You're embarrassing yourself.

It's possible I should learn to let lies written by others undisputed, but EVIL TRIUMPHS when good people are silent. ... and yes LIES/FALSEHOODS are EVIL.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is actually a very famous story about DKR and Bubba Smith. Bubba called him and said he wanted to play for Texas. DKR said he could probably get him a scholarship, but warned against it. Said he did not know when Texas would integrate and how accepting others would be of it. Basically you can come, but I cant guarantee your personal safety. Making judgements about people in a culture 50 yrs ago is folly. None of us know how we would act. Many coaches in the South were against integration. There were also many that would gladly have accepted. If not for moral reason, for the mere fact that it would lead to a better record. Most of gains were made from brave kids. Guys like Jerry LeVias (SMU) and Dock Rone (Bama)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking my mind on the Texas football program pre 1970 is not trolling.

It sure as hells looks like it, when I showed that there were 2 instances pre-1970 where black players were on a football scholarship.

Don't you get it? A troll never admits they are wrong about anything. That's why you are coming off as a troll.

If you don't want to come off as a troll, admit you were wrong and should have written pre-1968, because you were ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator: