• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Strong to Texas

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please list the # of black head football coaches Oregon has hired. I'll wait......

Like many programs they havent. Also like many programs they havent had blatant racism run rampant in their programs history.

I dont care who you hire. But the inability for the majority of your fanbase to deal with the past is as much as a problem than that of when the issues occurred.

We tend to grasp on to history and the glory times and ignore the bad.

A stadium named in that mans honor and running a tribute play in his honor while the fans tear up is sickening.

Just my opinion. But I am just some guy in Oregon so what does it matter. Obviously all of your minds are made up as is mine.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough of the racism talk, K?

roger that.

I am responsible and I will apologize.

I am sorry.

It has always rustled my jimmies and I cant keep my mouth shut on the matter.

But I will now.

:suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last post pertaining to race. I don't claim to know what Mamba's intentions are or were, but I took it to mean that he believed DKR was too passive when it came to racial inequality, but not necessarily an overt racist himself.

Last post RE matter.

I believe he did have racist tendencies, and later in life knew he was wrong and became a better and bigger man.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last post pertaining to race. I don't claim to know what Mamba's intentions are or were, but I took it to mean that he believed DKR was too passive when it came to racial inequality, but not necessarily an overt racist himself.
-
that is up for debate. I just do not appreciate when people base their opinions on current cultural memes to people of different eras. It is easy to indict many coaches as racists without understanding the cost of a decision to fight the system. It is a rare person that is willing to put themselves and their families at risk for a stranger. That is not to absolve people, but simply to put a perspective in how these things continue to exist in the history of our species.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, and i thought Alabama was the only school to get drug into Racism talk. Racism is what you make it, its not like its not prevalent in todays world, but its not as prevalent as it was back in the 60's and 70's. Anyone that thinks it is simply did not endure those days and only know of them in what they read.

Life is what you make it now, want it to be about racism, thats all you will see. I prefer to go through life not looking for things to make me mad or get upset about at every corner. guess thats just me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban had a grandbaby.

Texas already trying to sign it for new head coach.

:dhd:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna ask how this ended up in the shitter, but after backing up a page or so ........ nevermind.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Programs like Georgia wouldn't notice the difference! They have gotten so used to winning small and riding the SEC coattails that they have gotten off track.

oh yeah? Nice hair

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he absorbed anything from this thread.

Strong would be the first black HC at UT, but I don't think his race is going to be much of a factor in the school's decision.
-------
Years ago when Chizik was hired at Auburn Turner Gill had been a top candidate. He got turned down primarily because he had a white wife and many regents at that school were uncomfortable with that. It's the same reasoning that neither Shaw NOR Strong would ever be considered @ Texas. You may have integrated football but interracial marriage is still pretty much a no-no in the deep south.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Years ago when Chizik was hired at Auburn Turner Gill had been a top candidate. He got turned down primarily because he had a white wife and many regents at that school were uncomfortable with that. It's the same reasoning that neither Shaw NOR Strong would ever be considered @ Texas. You may have integrated football but interracial marriage is still pretty much a no-no in the deep south.

not so much anymore.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't "deep south", at least that's what the SEC fans say.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't "deep south", at least that's what the SEC fans say.

lol its hard to get a lot farther south. That being said, in my travels Texas is a different cat than Louisiana or Bama or any other state for that matter. I was always made to feel at home when I was in Texas and I cant sy the same for some other places I ve been.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a little of everything.

They have a Mountainous region, Plains region, Coastal region, and a Deep South region.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Stewart Simkins, founder of the Florida Ku Klux Klan, will come back and haunt the Forty Acres. Simkins Hall was named after him.

what the hell is the matter with you? what in the hell did texas do to you that fills you with such hate?

I just don't get it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of all you people who take any opportunity to hate on Texas. What in the hell did Texas do to you all to breed such contempt and hate?

I mean, of course, wherever yall come from, shit does not stink, and no one ever in 100 fucking years has done anything that can be construed as bad, or whatever.

It just ruins my experience on the SportsHoopla interwebs when I constantly read these attacks. Thanks.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the South has a horrid history of slavery, racism and hate. Texas state flag is NOT the symbol associated with racism.

All I can tell you is, DKR was a good man.

All of you pouring shit on him are wrong. Go sling your shit somewhere else.