• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Change?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, he made the choice, the throw, and he was responsible for the INTs. but where i disagree is when you said your leaning towards putting as much blame on taylor as you are on the D....the O put up 38 points...that should be enough to win a game

Should be enough........but see that is where this discussion becomes relevant........because we gave them 35 free points.....

28 came from turnovers......

7 came from a punt return.....

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a dumbass, but he's our dumbass.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more shotgun passes for taylor. The only time he should pass is play action in the diamond and option fakes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm sayin is.........if we don't commit those 4 turnovers, that could be 28 points for us......

Yea it's a big "could".........but either way, we might punt the ball away and actually make a stop on Defense since we aren't putting our Defense's back against the wall.

I'd like to know the percentage of wins that have come over the history of College Football from teams that have lost the turnover battle 4-1.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying our offense is good is like saying a chick who has a bangin body and a cute face is attractive even though she has a condition where she shits her pants uncontrollably every single day.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be enough........but see that is where this discussion becomes relevant........because we gave them 35 free points.....

28 came from turnovers......

7 came from a punt return.....

but see, were they really "free"? okay lets assume that the special teams really are "free" points. then thats 28 off turnovers...but turnovers happen (granted not always 4 of them) but is it not the D's job to prevent points on normal possession and possessions created by turnovers? So yes, Taylor threw 3 INTs and gave em 1 fumble...but the D failed to stop them on any of the 4 turnovers (or 3 rather because 1 was a pick six and the D wasn't on the field)

so that is 3 turnovers that led to 21 points that can be blamed on Taylor and/or Defense...it simply comes down to how you view Taylor IMO...if you have doubts on him (even subconsciously) you are probably going to blame it mainly on him, but if you truly support him you will probably see it as "yes he threw the picks, but the D also failed to stop tOSU off those picks, furthermore the D failed to created turnovers of its own"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense failed to stop them with their backs against the wall......

Once there was a pick 6..........and two other times the turnovers resulted in Ohio State taking over inside the red zone.........

I don't honestly expect this Defense to stop an Offense inside the red zone just because our Offense turned the ball over there. I don't expect it, because like I said, we have an average Defense.....not a great one.

When the pressure is not on our Defense, they don't do too poorly.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duh they weren't free but if we could stay on the fucking field and at least punt on fourth down with Maher AT LEAST getting 40 yards per punt, it's theoretically within reason to suggest that's 100-160 yards you don't give up. Probably a lot more.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's assume the Defense does stop them.......ok, that still results in 2 field goals, 1 pick 6, and 1 punt return for a TD........

That is still 20 garbage points. We lost by 25.

We would have been right there in this game if we avoid giving up garbage points. We have played several games before in the past without giving up garbage points.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense failed to stop them with their backs against the wall......

Once there was a pick 6..........and two other times the turnovers resulted in Ohio State taking over inside the red zone.........

I don't honestly expect this Defense to stop an Offense inside the red zone just because our Offense turned the ball over there. I don't expect it, because like I said, we have an average Defense.....not a great one.

When the pressure is not on our Defense, they don't do too poorly.

duh they weren't free but if we could stay on the fucking field and at least punt on fourth down with Maher AT LEAST getting 40 yards per punt, it's theoretically within reason to suggest that's 100-160 yards you don't give up. Probably a lot more.

these are both true, which is exactly why i said in the end it probably comes down to how you view taylor to be honest

i view taylor as a legitimate QB that can, at the very least lead this team to the B1G champ game. so from my eyes i see way more reasons to blame the D than to blame Taylor. I still put a lot on taylor, but from where i am standing this is some of the worst defense we have ever seen at nebraska....it rivals the forgotten years

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's assume the Defense does stop them.......ok, that still results in 2 field goals, 1 pick 6, and 1 punt return for a TD........

That is still 20 garbage points. We lost by 25.

We would have been right there in this game if we avoid giving up garbage points. We have played several games before in the past without giving up garbage points.

LOL @ garbage points becoming almost automatic for Husker games :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense was pitiful..........I was so fucking pissed at how the Defense played.

I was just really pissed also that a 4th year Junior (3 year starter) would make those dumbass passes when he has faster legs than everyone on the field and he could have possibly made a play each time with his legs instead.

We will win every single game on our schedule the rest of the way out if we win the turnover battle. I am saying it right here, right now. Guaranteed by JJM.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense was pitiful..........I was so fucking pissed at how the Defense played.

I was just really pissed also that a 4th year Junior (3 year starter) would make those dumbass passes when he has faster legs than everyone on the field and he could have possibly made a play each time with his legs instead.

We will win every single game on our schedule the rest of the way out if we win the turnover battle. I am saying it right here, right now. Guaranteed by JJM.

are you trying to tell us that Taylor is a dumbass ??

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost. Dont matter why. We suck, huskers 4 iowa level mediocrity for eternity

:nono:

We still recruit better than Iowa.

We'll always be better than them.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wes yankin yer chain jjm.

Im in the boat for pullin tommys shirt tho.. no taylor next year, plz

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy is gonna take control of this entire team. He will change the whole attitude from the inside out.