• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Change?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have heard from media and fans since after the game on saturday is change this and change that. Or how Bo should change. What in the world makes anyone think that Bo is going to change anything? For 5 years we have been hearing about "the process". After the game Bo said, "Contrary to what you guys think, I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run." What part of any of that makes anyone think things will change. Damon talked about Bo needing someone on the staff that can hold Bo accountable. Why would Bo hire someone like that when he is busy hiring his family or friends or golf instructors or coordinators that have never done that job before? He does not know how to swallow his pride and admit that his "process" is not working. Has it worked in the past? Hell yes!!!! But it worked at places and in situations where the elite players were already there. He has no idea how to evaluate and coach up talent. Guys like Bill Snyder are successful in a place like Manhattan, Kansas because he has a "process" and he does not waiver from that "process". But the big difference is that his "process" works!!!!! There are many disadvantages to coaching at a location that Nebraska is in, but there are less disadvantages here than there are in Manhattan, Kansas. The other problem with the "process" is the inconsistency. When certain positions screw up, the player disappears and rarely gets back on the field. Then there are other positions that don't have the same accountability. Jean Baptiste screws up and disappears for games until this last week. Cameron Meredith can't do anything and rarely leaves the field. Brandon Kinnie last year can't catch a cold and plays every game. Jamal Turner drops a couple passes and never gets back in the game. There are many different examples of that. I am not calling for a bunch of guys to be benched, even though I believe that Braylon Heard is the best RB we have and would like to see him play more.

I just feel like we are in the same situation we were in 5 years ago. We have a very stubborn coach that is who he is and isn't going to change. Whether you like or hate who he is and how he acts, it is really pointless to talk about because nothing is going to change.

I have never wanted Bo as our head coach but have also never called for him to be fired. I will say however that if he is not fired after this season then he will be here for at least another 3 years after this one (unless of course he leaves on his own). The schedule change after this season will cater to Bo gaining a cushion because he will rack up a bunch of easy wins and the number in the win column will be window dressing to make himself and this team look better than they probably are.

I just had to get all this off my chest.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only read a couple sentences so far but I just have to point out that Bo did not make that "contrary to what you guys think" statement following the Ohio State game.....

It was before........

And I'll continue on now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finished reading now..........

And I just farted.....

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only read a couple sentences so far but I just have to point out that Bo did not make that "contrary to what you guys think" statement following the Ohio State game.....

It was before........

My bad, he still said it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was before........

Correct.

He sure pwned himself on that one eh?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he did say it.......and it was a dumb statement to make considering his Defense hasn't shown us anything since........what 2010? I guess the Michigan State game last year was a good performance......Iowa game too........but neither team had a running QB, surprise surprise.

He was honestly pretty much speechless after the game this weekend. I've never really seen him or heard him like that.

I really do think we'll see changes this time around. Damon said we will see changes........I think he is right. I think Bo HAS to understand that he is finally scratching the bottom of the barrel now.

Don't forget, Bo was all for Shawn Watson those first 2 seasons, stating several times that he believes in what he's doing. Bo ended up swallowing his pride on those statements and made changes. Now things look bright on Offense and absolutely awful on Defense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he did say it.......and it was a dumb statement to make considering his Defense hasn't shown us anything since........what 2010? I guess the Michigan State game last year was a good performance......Iowa game too........but neither team had a running QB, surprise surprise.

He was honestly pretty much speechless after the game this weekend. I've never really seen him or heard him like that.

I really do think we'll see changes this time around. Damon said we will see changes........I think he is right. I think Bo HAS to understand that he is finally scratching the bottom of the barrel now.

Don't forget, Bo was all for Shawn Watson those first 2 seasons, stating several times that he believes in what he's doing. Bo ended up swallowing his pride on those statements and made changes. Now things look bright on Offense and absolutely awful on Defense.

berney?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, Bo wouldn't "let him go" until he found a new job. Some people see that as loyalty and that it was admirable. Bo is just as stubborn as Billy C was with Cosgrove!!!!!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like guys like Bilema who will just flat out stand up and say that one of his hires sucked and he is fired. He did it this season with the OL coach. That is what Bo should have done with Watson.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back over this game in my head though guys, and I'm really starting to lean towards putting as much blame on Taylor as I am on the Defense.

And before I explain why, let me just say that I like Taylor Martinez a lot. He works his ass off to help this team win.....he knows he's not playing QB at the next level, yet he is still taking the time and spending the money to get better in the off-season.

Taylor gift wrapped 21 points for Ohio State.............and they actually scored 28 off of his turnovers. Forcing these passes into tight places, holding onto the ball too long, trying to make something out of nothing 99% of the time.........it just leads to bad things. Especially when you're doing it deep in your own territory. It puts our Defense's back against the wall.

On top of this, our Special Teams gave up a punt return for a TD......

That's 35 points that shouldn't happen as long as you execute like an FBS school is expected to do.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I've grown to loathe over this season (and I'm guilty of it too) it's fans talking about who should be playing and "the doghouse"

First of all personnel decisions are the least of our worries right now.

It's systemic. They can't put their finger on it, we DEFINITELY can't put our finger on it, there is no answer to being flat out bad.

And that's what this team is. Bad.

We have a porous defense and a manic depressive offense that consistently turns the ball over.

Bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me though, I know all about how the Defense didn't need to allow all 4 of those TDs off of those turnovers...........

But let's face it, our Defense is probably around average.........not nearly as bad as they looked this weekend.........but they are average. And average isn't good enough to win a game when your Offense turns the ball over that many times and your Special Teams gives up a TD to boot.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Turner is not the answer. Benching Cameron Meredith is not the answer. Keeping SJB in is not the answer.

Developing the defensive talent we've acquired over the last two years and being patient with Tommy Armstrong sounds like the safest route.

I firmly believe this team is the direct result of piss poor recruiting the first two years Bo was here. He has missed on so many players it's sickening.

It's getting better, people just don't see it yet. Getting rid of Bo is not the answer.

Getting rid of Barney and Els is a step in the right direction.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of being called crazy by both Jed and RA............I do agree with what Brasky just wrote right there.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss, Valentine, Rose, Afalava, Jackson, Brown. Those guys are all more talented than anyone we have starting right now. They are the best defensive players Bo has recruited at their positions. Every single one of them. If you give Bo another couple of years and keep beck in place running the same offense (what? Stability?) I think we can make a good run in the next 3-4 years.

Sorry Husker fans, it's just not gonna happen any time soon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back over this game in my head though guys, and I'm really starting to lean towards putting as much blame on Taylor as I am on the Defense.

And before I explain why, let me just say that I like Taylor Martinez a lot. He works his ass off to help this team win.....he knows he's not playing QB at the next level, yet he is still taking the time and spending the money to get better in the off-season.

Taylor gift wrapped 21 points for Ohio State.............and they actually scored 28 off of his turnovers. Forcing these passes into tight places, holding onto the ball too long, trying to make something out of nothing 99% of the time.........it just leads to bad things. Especially when you're doing it deep in your own territory. It puts our Defense's back against the wall.

On top of this, our Special Teams gave up a punt return for a TD......

That's 35 points that shouldn't happen as long as you execute like an FBS school is expected to do.

Yeah.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we seriously can find a way to slip into the BIG Championship game this season though, it will help out a ton.

So that is where I'm at right now. Get lucky mode. Let's just hope for a miracle, and maybe we can beat all of these average to below-average teams and get into the Rose Bowl.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mistake Bo made was committing to saying this year was supposed to be THE YEAR to win a B1G title.

He should have realized how much talent he lost on defense and he should have seen this coming. He shouldn't have made all these bold statements before the season because once you say it you can't take it back. Husker nation will hold you to that.

If he just would have just hinted that this team might not have the horses to get it done, people wouldn't be overreacting so badly.

The smart people who don't chug the kool-aid before this season KNEW this defense would struggle. They KNEW this offense wouldn't be THAT much better.

The sad thing is I think Bo really didn't see this coming. I think he had coaching Hubris.

He genuinely thought he could coach this defense up.

Well yesterday I saw Dennard making plays for the patriots and Lavonte David is one of my best Individual defensive players in my fantasy league. You can't honestly believe this defense would improve. Not logical. But we were told by Bo it would and a man is only as good as his word.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer said before this season he didn't like the talent they had. He said he didn't believe they had the players on offense to be a good team.

When the fuck has Bo EVER said anything like that.

It's always been "I love our guys and they have a chance to be the number 1 blah blah blah"

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I absolutely loathe is people claiming that certain players are more talented than the ones currently starting. Really? Do you watch practice? Are you gaining those facts with your well trained eye after watching high school film of clips of their best plays that are created to make them look as good as possible? If they truly are more talented then why aren't they playing? That is a coaching issue!!!! It is the coach's job to get the best players out on the field. If they are not doing that then something BIG needs to change!!!! Bob Stoops was applauded for taking John Blake's talent and getting them correctly on the field to win a national title right away. It is the coach's job to get the best players on the field.

We will certainly make a run in the next 3-4 years. But that is because of the schedule.

I only brought up SJB, Meredith, and Turner as examples. There has been many situations like that.

Last edited by a moderator: