• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Change?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer said before this season he didn't like the talent they had. He said he didn't believe they had the players on offense to be a good team.

When the fuck has Bo EVER said anything like that.

It's always been "I love our guys and they have a chance to be the number 1 blah blah blah"

And then after the Michigan St game last weekend Urban said that he really likes what this team is capable of doing.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts and everything the coaches have been saying, this is the most talented crop of defensive players they've ever brought in.

Why aren't they playing? Because freshmen don't start at Nebraska.

You should look in the mirror when you spew that bullshit about "do you watch practice?" when you complain about Turner and SJB.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then after the Michigan St game last weekend Urban said that he really likes what this team is capable of doing.

Yes but before the season he tempered expectations.

He didn't commit to saying this team was amazing before he got a good idea of where they were at by ACTUALLY PLAYING GAMES.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I absolutely loathe is people claiming that certain players are more talented than the ones currently starting. Really? Do you watch practice? Are you gaining those facts with your well trained eye after watching high school film of clips of their best plays that are created to make them look as good as possible? If they truly are more talented then why aren't they playing? That is a coaching issue!!!! It is the coach's job to get the best players out on the field. If they are not doing that then something BIG needs to change!!!! Bob Stoops was applauded for taking John Blake's talent and getting them correctly on the field to win a national title right away. It is the coach's job to get the best players on the field.

We will certainly make a run in the next 3-4 years. But that is because we will see more black skin on the Defensive Line.

I only brought up SJB, Meredith, and Turner as examples. There has been many situations like that.

Agreed.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed is freaking out because the suggestion that recruiting is the problem totally invalidates everything he believes in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could make a run next season.......for 3 reasons....

1) New blood on the Defense....

2) Same old blood on the Offense.....

3) Schedule....

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts and everything the coaches have been saying, this is the most talented crop of defensive players they've ever brought in.

Why aren't they playing? Because freshmen don't start at Nebraska.

You should look in the mirror when you spew that bullshit about "do you watch practice?" when you complain about Turner and SJB.

I am not the one claiming players that are not playing are definitely better than the ones that are!!!! Yeah I believe that Heard is the best RB we have but I am not trying to say that he should start over Burkhead or Abdullah. I was simply saying, since you are too dumb to comprehend, that Bo doesn't treat players equally. Turner gets benched because he does not consistently catch passes. That is something that he himself and other coaches on the staff said. Yet we can watch games and consistently see Kinnie drop tons of passes but never get benched!!!! I never said a damn word about practice or any of that bullshit.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed is freaking out because the suggestion that recruiting is the problem totally invalidates everything he believes in.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It is all about recruiting. It has nothing to do with coaching. Recruiting recruiting recruiting!!! Coaching is nothing.

Oh wait, it was all about recruiting for 4 years until Bo got here and then when those recruited players got coached they actually got better. Yeah, I am completely invalidated.

Go ahead and continue to suck on Bo's dick and ONLY talk about recruiting as the issue. I will be over here in reality.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am leaving this bullshit to allow Brasky to continue to make himself feel smarter while dumbing down the rest of us. I am off to watch the game!!!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting IS coaching Jed. You recruit a specific type of player, you evaluate his talent and you project what he'll be like at age 20-22 and you try and squeeze every ounce of talent out of him.

I honestly don't believe it is a problem anymore. I think we righted the ship in recruiting 2 years ago.

When you factor in that we had to completely change the kind of personnel we are recruiting on BOTH sides of the ball, I really am not shocked at the product on the field at this point.

2008 Class Starters, role players and flat out misses:

Antonio Bell: Role Player
Will Compton: Starter
Khiry Cooper: Miss
Ben Cotton: Starter
Alfonzo Dennard: Starter*
Sean Fisher: Starter/miss
David Grant: Miss
Ricky Henry: Starter*
Tyson Hetzer: Miss
Micah Krekemeir: Miss
John Levorson: Miss
Tim Marlowe: Starter
Cam Meredith: Starter/miss
Collins Okafor: Miss
Courtney Osborne: Role Player
Steven Osborne: Role Player/miss
Kyler Reed: Starter
Justin Rogers: Miss
P.J. Smith: Starter
Kody Spano: Miss
Baker Steinkhuler: Starter/miss
Brandon Thompson: Miss
Quentin Toiloa: Miss
Mason Wald: Miss
Lester ward: Miss
Alonzo Whaley: Starter/miss
David Whitmore: Miss
Josh Williams: Miss

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 class:

Jason Ankrah: Starter
Nick Ash: Miss
Rex Burkhead: Starter
Jesse Coffey: Miss
Dejon Gomes: Starter
Andrew Green: Role Player
Cody Green: Miss
J.T. Kerr: Miss
Brandon Kinnie: Starter
Eric Martin: Role Player
Taylor
Lazarri Middleton: Miss
Cole Pensick: role player
Brent Qvale: Starter
Thad Randle: Starter
Tray Robinson: Miss
Jerry Sirles: Starter
Dijon washington: Miss
Chris Williams: Miss
C.J. Zimmerer: Miss

That's 28 misses in two years. An entire large recruiting class of players who have contributed practically nothing or have played and played terribly with little-to-no signs of improving.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there's another team in the country with that many misses in two years who has ever done better than 7-8 wins. It's frankly a miracle we are this good.

You ask any college coach and they will tell you that you just can't afford to miss like that. Even missing on 14 guys is bad. Its too competitive these days. If you told Bo he'd have 28 misses in his first two recruiting classes he would honestly tell you that there is no way he can win. He would be worried about his job security.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going to watch the Huskers this week I'm so mad

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if there's another team in the country with that many misses in two years who has ever done better than 7-8 wins. It's frankly a miracle we are this good.

You ask any college coach and they will tell you that you just can't afford to miss like that. Even missing on 14 guys is bad. Its too competitive these days. If you told Bo he'd have 28 misses in his first two recruiting classes he would honestly tell you that there is no way he can win. He would be worried about his job security.

Not true. Mark would tell you it's part of the process and he would win regardless of 'stars' or 'misses'. Furthermore Mark would get in your face and yell and scream that he could win anywhere because he knows how to coach defense. Mark will never admit he screwed up or failed...

Please change PJ Smith to starter/miss.....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee with 100 percent certainty that not one single Husker fan on this board will watch the Huskers play this week.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent or no talent, they still gotta coach them up to where they execute fundamental football. Limit turnovers and penalties, make tackles, block.

Snyder can do it.

They gave up 63 points to a team that was being maligned for a lack of talent.

You have to recruit speed of course, but they have to coach fundamentals, strength and conditioning.