• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP will release polls weekly on Tuesdays

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it matters to me for a couple of reasons. With the BCS, even prior to it's release, we had some idea of who would be ranked where because 1/3 of the poll came from the coaches poll.

Now, until nearly November, we have no real idea what is on the committee's minds.

I am ultimately hoping for a little bit of transparency.

Yeah, thought they ould use some bcs type formula t slect the top 4. Kind if a n braner, I thought. Instead, we get an even smaller human human poll.

As long as the best 2 get in I'll be ok..........unless the canes are 5th :D

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thought they ould use some bcs type formula t slect the top 4. Kind if a n braner, I thought. Instead, we get an even smaller human human poll.

As long as the best 2 get in I'll be ok..........

Nailed it. My thoughts are the same as above.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as the best 2 get in I'll be ok..........unless the canes are 5th :D

The committee is going to submit their top 6 teams, and the 6 teams with the most votes would become the finalist. From there, the committee would pick their top 4 favorites.

As I have said before on here: the number of teams is rather irrelevant compared to the criteria. There does need some level of objectivity. The worse thing you can do is adopt a wild, wild west mentality and have 13 committee members with a different priority list.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. u see i edited that out of quote?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stupid not to use the BCS.

The whole thing about a committee was pushed by ESPN. I remember the first time they started talking about it. And I rarely heard about it from anyone else, then here it comes with a stupid ass committee.

Expect match ups that will produce the highest ratings pretty much.

Wonder how many years it will take them to fuck up college football Nascar style.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stupid not to use the BCS.

The whole thing about a committee was pushed by ESPN. I remember the first time they started talking about it. And I rarely heard about it from anyone else, then here it comes with a stupid ass committee.

Expect match ups that will produce the highest ratings pretty much.

Wonder how many years it will take them to fuck up college football Nascar style.

Yep, this group of people look like they'll be easily influenced by ESPN and try to create the best "match ups". :L

I'm more concerned about those lacking in football knowledge.

1. Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Chair
  2. Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
  3. Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
  4. Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
  5. Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
  6. Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
  7. Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
  8. Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
  9. Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
  10. Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
  11. Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
  12. Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
  13. Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who the committee picks and in what order, there is guaranteed to be bitching about it just like the BCS. At least with 4 in the mix it's less likely to leave out a deserving team than it was with the top 2.

I'm actually more fine with it being this committee than either of the major polls if we are forced to have humans ranking teams. At least this committee has this as it's sole responsibility and are far more likely to have at least watched all of the teams in the mix and be up to speed on injuries and other events around the programs.

Some sports writers might be that up to speed, but many/most only deeply follow a few programs at best. Coaches? That poll has always been a joke. HC's are ALWAYS way too busy running their own program to pay attention to the top 30ish teams in the country. Many will tell you just that.

Obviously the thing most of us will be looking to the most is how much will SOS actually matter to this group. Will a 1 loss team that had a high quality loss and a tougher schedule make it in over an undefeated team with a weak schedule. Will any school be punished for having an identical record but a weaker OOC as other teams in the mix.

These issues have been plaguing the process of picking a champion for as long as we have had college football. This new system is a step in the right direction and I'll wait to criticize it until we see just how well they deal with those issues.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this group of people look like they'll be easily influenced by ESPN and try to create the best "match ups". :L

I'm more concerned about those lacking in football knowledge.

1. Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Chair
  2. Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
  3. Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
  4. Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
  5. Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
  6. Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
  7. Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
  8. Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
  9. Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
  10. Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
  11. Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
  12. Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
  13. Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions

Just to confirm, these are people right? They shit, fart, have biases, and are subject to corruption

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to confirm, these are people right? They shit, fart, have biases, and are subject to corruption

You really think that this group of people would be swayed into corruption?

Some may not know what they are talking about regarding football, but I feel very good they that they will all stand firm in their opinion and not be swayed by BS from ESPN, much less corruption and money.

Those questioning the integrity of this committee are simply asking for an excuse, or a cop out to already hate the process.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that this group of people would be swayed into corruption?

Some may not know what they are talking about regarding football, but I feel very good they that they will all stand firm in their opinion and not be swayed by BS from ESPN, much less corruption and money.

Those questioning the integrity of this committee are simply asking for an excuse, or a cop out to already hate the process.

Or we understand that when such a small number of people have a large sway it doesn't take but one or two to get that call from someone about either dirt they have on them or offer something they want to change their votes in a way that corrupts the system.

Small committee with secret voting screams of corruption

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you think that the 25% of the writers who voted watched 25% of the games played not just watched the highlights on ESPN? How many of you think 25% of the "coaches" who voted watched 25% of the games played and not just the highlights on ESPN? If you said yes to either one of those questions, you are a complete moron. You had the vast majority of people voting on who was going to be playing in the national title game barely watching any of the games. And you want to complain about having a smaller sample size of people who actually know about football and care about football discussing with each other who should be ranked where and why and getting an extra 2 days to watch games and make a decision.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this will certainly create....chaos!!

The-Joker-in-The-Dark-Knight.jpg