• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFP SEMI-FINAL: tOSU vs Clemson

Which team advances to the CFP Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I do think there is something to this, and think OSU has faced more tough opponents, OSU has not seen a team as talented as Clemson. while we might not know how great they are because of opponents, we don't know they are not a great team.

Of course they have: Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin.

Anderson & Hester rated each conference, through a mathematical formula.

1. Big-10
2. SEC
3. Big-12
4. Pac-12
5. AAC
6. ACC

Clemson is undefeated and all beat up everybody except for UNC, they have really yet seen any team with OSU caliber or LSU's caliber.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have: Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin.
source.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Cleveland doesn't have some nice parts to it. You can sell me on weather sucking but the south has every bit the shitty areas that most any Urban city center has.

Agree with this.

Chicago arguably is the nicest US city in its nice parts, but as bad as any in its bad sections.

In general, a lot depends on what you are used to and what you want. Pittsburgh is highly underrated to me. The Twin Cities as well.

Cincy is my favorite Ohio city. The view from across the river is stunning. My favorite southern city is Chattanooga. The mountains plus the river are hard to beat.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this.

Chicago arguably is the nicest US city in its nice parts, but as bad as any in its bad sections.

In general, a lot depends on what you are used to and what you want. Pittsburgh is highly underrated to me. The Twin Cities as well.

Cincy is my favorite Ohio city. The view from across the river is stunning. My favorite southern city is Chattanooga. The mountains plus the river are hard to beat.
My biggest issue with Pittsburgh is that, there are other cities (Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Philly, etc.) that can have shitty winters, but you can still get around in them. Pittsburgh is fucking horrible when it snows because it's so hilly. Most of the rest of the year though, it's a nice city.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some huge aspects of this game for both teams.

Clemson big, physical, fast WR's vs the secondary. I know Ohio St's secondary has been one of the best this year but they haven't faced a WR corp this good. Should be one of the keys.

Ohio St's OLine vs Clemson's DLine and Ohio St's running game. If they can keep this defense on the field and the Ohio St OL can them down with this running attack, JK and Fields, it could be the key to Ohio St winning this one. Clemson doesn't have the DL they had last year but they still have talented players and LB's.

One more huge factor. It might come down to what Trevor Lawrence we see. If we see him at his best, it is hard to beat this Clemson team. Ohio St will have to disguise this defense making it hard for Lawrence to adjust. If we see the TL we have over the back half of the season, huge plus for Clemson...if we see the early season TL, Ohio St has a good shot.

This game could go either way, I just hope we see Ohio St play their best out on the field. Need a great gameplan and that defense needs to be the best we saw all season.

GO BUCKEYES!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Pittsburgh is that, there are other cities (Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Philly, etc.) that can have shitty winters, but you can still get around in them. Pittsburgh is fucking horrible when it snows because it's so hilly. Most of the rest of the year though, it's a nice city.

I like hilly places, but they are a bitch when it snows.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson big, physical, fast WR's vs the secondary. I know Ohio St's secondary has been one of the best this year but they haven't faced a WR corp this good. Should be one of the keys.

Ohio St's OLine vs Clemson's DLine and Ohio St's running game. If they can keep this defense on the field and the Ohio St OL can them down with this running attack, JK and Fields, it could be the key to Ohio St winning this one. Clemson doesn't have the DL they had last year but they still have talented players and LB's.

One more huge factor. It might come down to what Trevor Lawrence we see. If we see him at his best, it is hard to beat this Clemson team. Ohio St will have to disguise this defense making it hard for Lawrence to adjust. If we see the TL we have over the back half of the season, huge plus for Clemson...if we see the early season TL, Ohio St has a good shot.

This game could go either way, I just hope we see Ohio St play their best out on the field. Need a great gameplan and that defense needs to be the best we saw all season.

GO BUCKEYES!
Dobbins needs a big game, which means the OL needs one. Alabama abandoned the run game when it was working last year. Obviously the passing game is huge for both teams, but if tOSU can contain Etienne, their pass rush can give Lawrence fits.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbins needs a big game, which means the OL needs one. Alabama abandoned the run game when it was working last year. Obviously the passing game is huge for both teams, but if tOSU can contain Etienne, their pass rush can give Lawrence fits.

Yeah a lot of factors. I don't think looking back at the Bama game is really a good take. Not too many remember that every starting LB was hurt for Alabama and they had their 2nd CB injured as well...as well as other injuries. Part of the reason I took Clemson last year, who knows if it would have been closer but Alabama had no shot vs those Clemson WR's. Hopefully Ohio St with the way their secondary has played they can at least limit these Clemson WR's, they are just so damn tall, athletic and fast.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a lot of factors. I don't think looking back at the Bama game is really a good take. Not too many remember that every starting LB was hurt for Alabama and they had their 2nd CB injured as well...as well as other injuries. Part of the reason I took Clemson last year, who knows if it would have been closer but Alabama had no shot vs those Clemson WR's. Hopefully Ohio St with the way their secondary has played they can at least limit these Clemson WR's, they are just so damn tall, athletic and fast.
I think we need to give a good amount of PT to LBs like Browning, Pope, and Gant. They need to be fresh going up against Etienne. They need to be as physical with him as possible, because he is very problematic.

I think the WRs are going to be as effective as we allow them to be from a pass rush standpoint. Lawrence can be rattled, so I'm hoping they can do enough to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and make some mistakes. That'll be key.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to give a good amount of PT to LBs like Browning, Pope, and Gant. They need to be fresh going up against Etienne. They need to be as physical with him as possible, because he is very problematic.

I think the WRs are going to be as effective as we allow them to be from a pass rush standpoint. Lawrence can be rattled, so I'm hoping they can do enough to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and make some mistakes. That'll be key.

Yep pass rush is going to have a lot to with that as well as limiting Etienne. Absolutely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this.

Have always thought when it comes to the actual city, Chicago is much nicer than Cleveland. But, yeah, all large cities have their bad areas. Would also say other than weather and cost of living, suburbs are the same in most areas.

would guess most who put down other cities have not been there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO BUCKEYES!
I think we have seen a couple teams with some solid WRs, but agree not the size/skill of Clemson's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have seen a couple teams with some solid WRs, but agree not the size/skill of Clemson's.

Wisconsin had Cephus.
Michigan had DPJ and some athletes.
Penn St had Hamler.

Definitely have seen a couple good WR corps but not too many with 2 great weapons. LSU and Clemson both have some physical athletes, I think two of the best WR corps in the nation, not named Bama. Gonna be tough but like AcrosstheField said, have to get pressure on Lawrence and limit Etienne.