• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB COMMITTEE

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Who says it has to be that way? Is there a written rule that states this, or is it just what some teams have done in the past that makes it so?

Personally i like that we get some good football to start the year rather than watching a bunch of no nothing games for the first 3-4 weeks. Makes for a better, longer football season.

I think with miss st they played complete crap teams in all 4 games of non conference. no one play a big 5 opponent in every non conference game but to not play any?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season, the last time they played in November was 1915.

But they are playing right? Thats all it takes to claim the game as playing a power 5 team in November

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with miss st they played complete crap teams in all 4 games of non conference. no one play a big 5 opponent in every non conference game but to not play any?

And i am not arguing Miss St's part of anything. My point is when a team plays its games is its business. Whether you play them all to start a year or spread out over the season is a matter of choice.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season, the last time they played in November was 1915.

Um, no. Check again.

Kentucky plays Louisville every year.

Up until this season it was usually an early season game, but they are now making it the final regular season game every year.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. Check again.

Kentucky plays Louisville every year.

Up until this season it was usually an early season game, but they are now making it the final regular season game every year.

Um, yes. My statement is accurate. Read it again, slowly.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky and Louisville have played a game every year since 1994.

prior to that, they had not met since 1924.

It's not a historical football rivalry, but every year for the past 20 years, Kentucky has played Louisville.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your statement was inaccurate, as that matchup was not played "every year at the end of the year"

Nope, the game will be played at the end of the year from now on. It was traditionally an early season matchup, but since Louisville's move to the ACC the game will be played on rivalry week with the SEC East teams playing their ACC rival.

There was a part of my statement that was incorrect, but it's understandable since I don't watch Vanderbilt play except for their annual game against UGA, but apparently their annual game with Wake Forest has been canceled because I don't see it on their schedule this year.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every year at the end of the year:

Georgia plays Georgia Tech
Florida plays Florida State
South Carolina plays Clemson
Vandy plays Wake Forest
Kentucky plays Louisville

And what's the difference between playing Tennessee Martin in November and playing South Dakota in August?

The one in bold is set by the STATE OF FLORIDA! And by set that means legislature. Florida tried to not renew the contract this past time. Just so everyone knows.

I personally do not see having your instate rival as counting for much in your OOC schedule. Just for example UF has played FSU and Miami OOC and not left the state of FL for over 20 years. That is bullshit. Schedule at least one(Like LSU has done for the past few years).

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the game will be played at the end of the year from now on. It was traditionally an early season matchup, but since Louisville's move to the ACC the game will be played on rivalry week with the SEC East teams playing their ACC rival.

There was a part of my statement that was incorrect, but it's understandable since I don't watch Vanderbilt play except for their annual game against UGA, but apparently their annual game with Wake Forest has been canceled because I don't see it on their schedule this year.

So the Kentucky-Louisville matchups has not been played every year at the end of the year?

/thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Kentucky-Louisville matchups has not been played every year at the end of the year?

/thread

I didn't say it has always been played at the end of the year. I said every year they play at the end of the year, which as of this year and moving forward is a correct statement.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it has always been played at the end of the year. I said every year they play at the end of the year, which as of this year and moving forward is a correct statement.

LMFAO. Ok buddy keep backtracking.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern Miss
UAB
Southern Alabama
UT Martin

That is pathetic OOC to say the least. And to think this team could potentially play in the national championship game is a disgrace

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern Miss
UAB
Southern Alabama
UT Martin

That is pathetic OOC to say the least. And to think this team could potentially play in the national championship game is a disgrace

Never mind the fact that they have one of the toughest conference schedules in the country.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB Committee has a great opportunity to send a great message to the CFB world come Tuesday, If they drop Miss. St to number 3. You want to schedule crap opponents at this time of year, suffer the consequences.

Why should Miss St. get a pass this week when everyone else were battling for their collective life.

What say you?

So you would choose to put a team in the number one spot that has a rapist at QB rather than have an SEC team there? Personally how they rank the top 4 makes little difference but I would hate to reward FSU for allowing Winston to play just to send a message about scheduling. Call me crazy but I'll take how Mullen has handled his team over how Jimbo has.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. Ok buddy keep backtracking.

I'm not backtracking.

They play every year in November. As of 2014, that is a correct statement. They'll play in November in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and every year for the foreseeable future. It's really not that hard to comprehend.