• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB COMMITTEE

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB Committee has a great opportunity to send a great message to the CFB world come Tuesday, If they drop Miss. St to number 3. You want to schedule crap opponents at this time of year, suffer the consequences.

Why should Miss St. get a pass this week when everyone else were battling for their collective life.

What say you?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State new #4 team. Heads explode. Wailing and gnashing of teeth is heard nationwide.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting.

TCU beat K State.
Arizona State beat Notre Dame.
Oregon beat Utah.
Ohio State beat Michigan State.
Alabama beat LSU.

/sarcasm font on
Mississippi State beat UT Martin.

By some posters reckoning(I will refer you to Dennis580, an OU fan) , UT Martin could have dominated Mississippi State.

/sarcasm font off

tchangles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Miss State
2. FSU
3.Oregon
4.TCU

5.Bama (Will jump in top 4 with win over State)
6.Baylor

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice for them to punish the SEC for 4 cupcakes in OOC especially one in November but that doesn't seem likely.

Remember they also have to play Kentucky Vandy TN USCe Misery, Florida. You know ,the gauntlet.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB Committee has a great opportunity to send a great message to the CFB world come Tuesday, If they drop Miss. St to number 3. You want to schedule crap opponents at this time of year, suffer the consequences.

Why should Miss St. get a pass this week when everyone else were battling for their collective life.

What say you?

More misguided nonsense!
Why does it matter WHEN you schedule your OOC games? Just because MSU spreads them out doesn't change WHO they played. I have no objections to slamming a team for who they schedule (as long as it looks at the ENTIRE schedule) but I do object to the WHEN. One has to wonder why teams schedule their cream puffs ALL at the beginning of the season. Your team has had 6-8 months off and they still need a breather at the beginning of the season? Why NOT spread them out and give your guys a break after a grueling string of games?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most people understand that you play warm up games when you're warming up. Not in the middle to "take a break"

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most people understand that you play warm up games when you're warming up. Not in the middle to "take a break"

Why? Who says it has to be that way? Is there a written rule that states this, or is it just what some teams have done in the past that makes it so?

Personally i like that we get some good football to start the year rather than watching a bunch of no nothing games for the first 3-4 weeks. Makes for a better, longer football season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no difference in playing Tennessee-Martin in week 11 and playing South Dakota in week one.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Who says it has to be that way? Is there a written rule that states this, or is it just what some teams have done in the past that makes it so?

Personally i like that we get some good football to start the year rather than watching a bunch of no nothing games for the first 3-4 weeks. Makes for a better, longer football season.

You SEC honks could you know go to 9 conf games and play a decent OOC game too but yeah....:whistle:

tchangles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many power 5 teams did the SEC schedule in the past 10 yrs in November? Don't worry I'll wait. I highly doubt Bama would've scheduled West Virginia in November. While other teams are playin conference games, SEC teams are playin Georgia Prep high school in November

tchangles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no difference in playing Tennessee-Martin in week 11 and playing South Dakota in week one.

Go to 9 conference games and you wouldn't play either this late in the season

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many power 5 teams did the SEC schedule in the past 10 yrs in November? Don't worry I'll wait. I highly doubt Bama would've scheduled West Virginia in November. While other teams are playin conference games, SEC teams are playin Georgia Prep high school in November

Florida State, Georgia Tech to name a couple.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a major beef with cupcakes in November. I do have a beef with 4 free wins. Where's their 1 tough game? Mississippi State's OOC is less excusable than Baylor's because at least Baylor is playing 9 conference games. Mississippi State has looked good and has good wins and all, but they've also played, for the most part, bad teams. They'll play 8 or 9 (with CCG) games against P5 teams, 3 of which are Kentucky, Arkansas and Vandy compared to 10 or 11 for some of their competitors.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You SEC honks could you know go to 9 conf games and play a decent OOC game too but yeah....:whistle:

If they would listen to one coach, it would happen. Unfortunately that lone voice cannot sway them to go to nine games.

But still fail, to see how that has anything to do with when a game is played?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, every year at the end of the year:

Georgia plays Georgia Tech
Florida plays Florida State
South Carolina plays Clemson
Vandy plays Wake Forest
Kentucky plays Louisville

And what's the difference between playing Tennessee Martin in November and playing South Dakota in August?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU, Wake Forest, Clemson, GT and thats just to name some.

Honsetly, judging how WVU is falling apart, do you think it was harder to play them to start the year, or now?

And frankly i would think that a Noles fan wouldnt speak too loudly living in the glass house you live in. Playing in the weak ass ACC is akin to playing mostly FCS teams.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to 9 conference games and you wouldn't play either this late in the season

I'm not opposed to that. I'm not opposed to putting a ban on scheduling FCS opponents. But as long as most tea,s play an FCS opponent every year, it makes absolutely no difference when the game is played.

Oregon played South Dakota in week one.

Mississippi State played Tennessee-Martin in week 11.

What is the difference?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every year at the end of the year:

Georgia plays Georgia Tech
Florida plays Florida State
South Carolina plays Clemson
Vandy plays Wake Forest
Kentucky plays Louisville

And what's the difference between playing Tennessee Martin in November and playing South Dakota in August?

:wtf: