• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB is a Max player

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB at 25 before joining the Heat:

24/10.8/2.4 on .518 shooting and 36.1 mpg. PER of 25.0.

Rose's MVP season:

25/4.1/7.7 on .445 shooting and 37.4 mpg. PER 23.5

CB has improved every year and especially since he has been in MIA, being a 3rd option doesn't help his numbers but he has changed his game and sacrificed more for the MIA title cause than any other player on the team. That is invaluable for a team with title aspirations.

He did fuck all in Toronto and only won titles because of lebron and wade. At least when Gasol won his rings he was a huge part of the team.

About time a few got their head of of their ass and smelled the real world.

Titles are a franchise credential, not a player's. Yes, you should.

Bosh is not a better shooter than Love...and both of them are iffy on defense

See stats, only edge this year is Love from 3p.

Love>Bosh

Bosh has gotten his piggy back titles.

He will get a big contract and mail the rest of his career in.

Love is still hungry

Piggy back? :rollseyes: He hasn't mailed in shit, he took a pay cut to win so now you think he will change everything about who he has been and mail it in? Someone is bitter. Love is the one who needs to prove he wants to win more than he wants money imo.

The only ones truly worthy of a max contract should be Lebron, Durant, and CP3

Everyone else should be a tier below and that's where guys like Dwight, Steph Curry, Blake, Melo, Anthony Davis fits in.

CB would be in the tier after that

But deserving and actual contract numbers are never the same. If CB tested the market he would get max money from somebody.

I do not disagree with any of this and this is exactly what I am saying. Compared to who else gets max money CB deserves max money. Compared to the top 3 players in the league, he should not get max money but that is not how it works.

So is Pau Gasol worth a max contract too? $25 mill +?

Gasols stats are better than Bosh's. He must be worth at least $30 mil then.

Pau Gasol. Plus at 33 Pau is putting up better stats than Bosh is at 29 now

Is Pau worth the $25 million a year you guys think Bosh is worth?

I posted another player comparison, Pau is not putting up better numbers than Bosh this year and it is basically Pau and a bunch of scrubs while Bosh is playing as the the 3rd option.

If Pau were going to put up the numbers he is putting up this year for the next 3 years then he is worth Bogut money. When he was dropping 18-10 every night on a good team he earned a contract that is paying him $19m this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO teams willing to give a 31 year old Chris Bosh a max contract deal.
That is delusional HEAT fan homerism.

he is due to make 22 million from the HEAT over the following two season.
That is grossly overpaying his value.
To somehow suggest that other teams would be willing to match it is absurd homerism to defend a bad contract.

He is a decent player. But, at age 31 with likely declining skills, no team is going to decide to make him their centerpiece.
He doesn't sell tickets or sell jerseys, so there is no hidden financial boom either.

He might command 10-14 million on a long term deal....or slightly higher on a shorter deal.

Either way, he is not walking away from 22 million with the HEAT.

:agree::10:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is 29 right now, he has a player option at the end of this year. He will be 30 in the offseason. Not 31. I am not sure how many times simple math and counting have to be discussed in this thread.

From another thread...

Bosh is in his prime?

He turns 30 in March and his style of play and bpdy type are not overly corrosive like other 6' 10" + players. Through no fault of their own, I add. Think Pau though, his longevity has been pretty decent and if some one thinks they can get 2.5 to 4 more years of even Pau production he will be offered $80m over that 4 years.

I really sit the fence on whether or not Bosh can be considered a max or close to max player. When he was in Toronto, I believe he was a max player and always hoped the Lakers would be able to get him (if memory serves, there was interest at one point).

In Miami, most of the time, he has not looked like a max player. However, is that because he's truly not a max player or because he was willing to take a lesser role to win titles?

Going from the guy to the 3rd option is almost like going to the bench, getting into a rhythm is hard not to mention he has changed his entire game to better suit the Heat. Just because his usage went down doesn't mean he doesn't have it. THIS

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He turns 30 in March and his style of play and bpdy type are not overly corrosive like other 6' 10" + players. Through no fault of their own, I add. Think Pau though, his longevity has been pretty decent and if some one thinks they can get 2.5 to 4 more years of even Pau production he will be offered $80m over that 4 years.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see any business sense in offering Bush $20m a year when there are better, younger and more athletic players out there willing to play for half that. Like Horn mentioned in previous posts, he doesn't sell tickets or jerseys.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those younger players have to play for half of that, what players out there do you think are better and playing for less than max contracts?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins, Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol Just four players of the top of my head who I would rather have on my team than Bosh who make significantly less than him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them have max contracts except Noah. I agree there are players that make less that I would rather have over Bosh, like all 4 that you named, but in a couple of years all of them will be making that $20m a year or not be as good as Bosh is.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 30 teams in the league and big men are always at a premium. You don't have to be the youngest best player at your position to be a max player.

Plenty of teams would give CB a max contract.

Anyone seriously think the Suns for example wouldn't sign a blank check for Bosh?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them have max contracts except Noah. I agree there are players that make less that I would rather have over Bosh, like all 4 that you named, but in a couple of years all of them will be making that $20m a year or not be as good as Bosh is.

There's max contracts, then there's $20m+ a year max contracts.

Drummond makes $2.5m a year and Cousins makes less than $5m. I don't see either of them getting even close to $15m a year in the future.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol is actually the perfect example to compare to CB if there was one.

He signed an extension starting in the 2011-2012 season to make $19m per year for 3 years at the age of 31. The previous season he averaged 18/10 on .529 shooting per 36 minutes while being the 2nd (1b) option. PER 23.3.

CB would be a year younger and the year before his contract is averaging 19-7.7 on .531 shooting and can shoot the 3 ball. CB is the 3rd option. PER 20.3.

CB would instantly be offered $20m for 4 years at the age of 30. If a competition for his services ensued it is not crazy to think that could balloon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will laugh at whoever give Chris Bosh a max who will be 4 months away from 31 at the start of next season. No way does he deserve a max contract

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drummond makes $2.5m a year and Cousins makes less than $5m. I don't see either of them getting even close to $15m a year in the future.

Cousins signed a 4 yr/62 million dollar extention in the fall which is a max contract

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luxury tax rules did change in 2013.

There is substantial penalties for exceeding that threshold that were not even there in 2011.

Chris Bosh is not WORTH a max deal even under the old system.

he is definitely not worth it in a new LUXURY TAX era.

An NBA GM would be the laughingstock of the entire league if he signed Bosh for a giant max deal.

Its okay if the player is under the age of 26 and maybe can grow.....maybe...

But, not for a declining skills player aging player with zero STAR power.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is substantial penalties for exceeding that threshold that were not even there in 2011.

An NBA GM would be the laughingstock of the entire league if he signed Bosh for a giant max deal.

Here's a man who knows his shit! :10:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't see?
How about it already happened!
You aren't aware of the Cousins 62M 4 year max extension?

So, to summarize, your lack of knowledge on the subject shows how wrong your opinion was.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a man who knows his shit! :10:

Bosh ( if he opts out) will be offered max dollars.
Maybe not over 5-6 years.
Not sure what the rules are.

You seem to ( wonder why :scratch:) keep avoiding the question of naming any player with his credentials who in his prime who wasn't offered a max.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But one should be offered to Cousins, Love, Irving, Monroe, etc..,??

Based on what?

As for as Bosh having declining skills, which ones are declining?
I see him playing the best ball of his career this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see?
How about it already happened!
You aren't aware of the Cousins 62M 4 year max extension?

So, to summarize, your lack of knowledge on the subject shows how wrong your opinion was.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't aware of his extension, no shame in that. I personally don't value him at $15m a year but apparently the Kings do.

And i'm pretty sure you didn't know he signed one until bks pointed it out so don't pretend your shit don't stink.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major difference between Bosh and those players that you mentioned is that most of those guys haven't even been in the year for 5+ years and are under the age of 25 while Bosh will be months away from the age of 31 and will be entering his 12th year in the league.

Bosh does not deserve a max deal