• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CB is a Max player

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But one should be offered to Cousins, Love, Irving, Monroe, etc..,??

Based on what?

As for as Bosh having declining skills, which ones are declining?
I see him playing the best ball of his career this season.

Here's the thing with Bosh. At 29 years old, you can definitely make the argument that he is still in his prime, but towards the end of his prime (NBA players primes seem to be from about 26 years old to 31).

So, he probably has about 2 seasons in his prime and then his skills will begin to decline. So, the question in my mind would be: Do you offer him a 2 year deal at max or close to max money or do you offer him perhaps a 4-5 year deal that has him in the $20 million range for the first 2 seasons and then drops to a lower amount for his last 2 or 3 seasons (and would he accept such a deal)?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for as Bosh having declining skills, which ones are declining?
I see him playing the best ball of his career this season.

rmpQV9J.jpg

Best ball of his career this season?!

:L:L:L:L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to turnup the last 2 seasons has obviously been the best shooting yrs of his career

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit I wasn't aware of his extension, no shame in that. I personally don't value him at $15m a year but apparently the Kings do.

And i'm pretty sure you didn't know he signed one until bks pointed it out so don't pretend your shit don't stink.

So now you are pretty sure what I know?

There is nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong.
Actually, on this site it's quite refreshing.

I replied before I ever saw he pointed it out to you.

There would be no reason to duplicate a response.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are pretty sure what I know?

I replied before I ever saw he pointed it out to you.

Of course you did. :clap:

You know your bball, don't you? Just like you know Bosh is playing the best ball of his career and is worth $25m a year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much to ask for a 7 footer to shoot over 50%

Actually it is when they're shooting strictly jumpers. This isn't Dwight Howard or Tyson Chandler we're talking about here where most of their fg's are dunk attempts or baby hook 2 ft away from the rim. This is a guy who is consistently shooting from 15 feet, 50% is difficult

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmpQV9J.jpg

Best ball of his career this season?!

:L:L:L:L

Your stats supports my position.

Should I assume you don't watch the Heat or understand how he adjusted his game from being a number #1 option to some games rarely having any plays called for him?

His skill set opens up tons of things for the Heat to make others more successful.

Huge personal stats without your team winning anything is quite unimpressive to me.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh has one of the best jump-shots in the league....

5yc47o.png

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaq daddy, take a look at his MPG which are down by about 5mpg from the last 2 years iirc. If you factor in less playing time and many fewer shots his numbers are better this year than almost any but some of his TOR days.

I will admit it would not be the wisest thing to offer him $25m a year for 4 years in the offseason. I do not think it is completely implausible and the going rate would suggest he would easily get $20m for 3+. Laker fans should not be so harsh to judge that decision as their organization frequently gives that kind of money to aging stars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans should not be so harsh to judge that decision as their organization frequently gives that kind of money to aging stars.

Business-wise, those "ageing stars" make their team their money back five-fold.

Bosh won't.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree that Kobe makes that paper and then some for LA, I think CB would have a similar impact that Pau would have in the off court stuff in a large market like LA.

CB obviously will not have that kind of draw in a lot of the places that would offer him $25m...because that team would have to really suck and be desperate but in those spots he would be worth it on the court.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with Bosh. At 29 years old, you can definitely make the argument that he is still in his prime, but towards the end of his prime (NBA players primes seem to be from about 26 years old to 31).

So, he probably has about 2 seasons in his prime and then his skills will begin to decline. So, the question in my mind would be: Do you offer him a 2 year deal at max or close to max money or do you offer him perhaps a 4-5 year deal that has him in the $20 million range for the first 2 seasons and then drops to a lower amount for his last 2 or 3 seasons (and would he accept such a deal)?

Somebody gets it!
Isn't that exactly what I implied?
He is worth, by any NBA standard a max contract now.

You can't offer players long term contracts that kill you towards the end like Amare and Jermaine O' Neal, etc....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you did. :clap:

You know your bball, don't you? Just like you know Bosh is playing the best ball of his career and is worth $25m a year.

Players in the first year of new max contracts don't make 25M.

Do keep putting fake words in my mouth though.

It's working out quite well for you today.:rollseyes:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'll say about Bosh and the potential longevity of his career

It's true that most player's primes are 26-31 ish give or take. With Bosh though he isn't a player that relies strictly on athleticism (which declines when you hit 30 or so)...Bosh is a skilled big man so I think he will still be very effective into his mid 30s

Although his numbers have taken a big dip...being in Miami has forced him to work on different areas of his game and to refine areas like his jump shot almost to perfection. This is going to help Bosh moving forward with his career whether it be in Miami or another place

I still don't think he "deserves" a max but considering the market and demand for a big man...some team will give it to him

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Contract Scenarios For 2013 Free Agents | Hoops Rumors

So, where under any scenario would Bosh have been scheduled to make 25M?

"There is an exception to this rule: a player is able to sign a contract for 105% of his previous contract, even if the new contract is higher than the league limit"

You didn't mention Bosh. You said 'Players in their first year can't make $25m'. Kobe could. Dirk could. Amare, Melo and even Joe Johnson are awfully close should they sign a new max contract.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There is an exception to this rule: a player is able to sign a contract for 105% of his previous contract, even if the new contract is higher than the league limit"

You didn't mention Bosh. You said 'Players in their first year can't make $25m'. Kobe could. Dirk could. Amare, Melo and even Joe Johnson are awfully close should they sign a new max contract.

Please go back and read your post #66.

With all do respect, please stop with the nonsense.

Your words, misquoting me, talking about Bosh being worth/ able to earn 25M.