• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals being investigated by FBI for hacking into Astros network

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arrogance of that organization is without limit.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you have a victorias secret model to pout your thumb in?

You seriously think Miley's wife is a 10 in the celebrity world? She's cute and all, and looked like she had some nice tits, but I wouldn't give her a ten in the real world - probably around a 5-6 in the celebrity world.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, youre legally retarded?

Not nearly as helmet special as you every time you find an article on the internet about some team possibly cheating.

Ohh let's start a thread! See they cheated too! So it's ok :L

It's old dude.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what I think you should do is perpetuate it!

Oh, and give me more rainbow ratings. I fucking love rainbows!

Double-alaskan-rainbow.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nearly as helmet special as you every time you find an article on the internet about some team possibly cheating.

It's old dude.
so, you ARE legally retarded?

"arguing about it will make it go away"

-"wicked smart" as we say.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true, I'm disappointed as a fan. But everyone calling for draft picks...

Have Cardinals been hacking the standings, too? | FOX Sports

If you don't want to read the 4 short paragraphs it basically says because of the CBA, they can't take away draft picks. All that can really be done by MLB is fining them heavily and suspending the people who did it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there even real precedents for this? Collusion comes to mind, but every team was in on that when it came to Free Agency. This is presumably just between two MLB franchises: Astros and Cardinals. Well, and the FBI.
I cant think of any in the sports world.

As for calling it "Industrial Espionage", would that even apply in this case? Are the Cards and 'Stros actually competing interests, or just different departments of the same huge corporation? If HR steals an idea from Marketing, is that a crime?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true, I'm disappointed as a fan. But everyone calling for draft picks...

If you don't want to read the 4 short paragraphs it basically says because of the CBA, they can't take away draft picks. All that can really be done by MLB is fining them heavily and suspending the people who did it.

Interesting link.

Somewhat OT: But I have always felt draft picks can and should and eventually will be a tradable asset. The current CBA is a bit archaic when it comes to draft picks, imo.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. I've never seen that site - looks like something to check in on regularly.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin Cards

dem sunzabitches

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for calling it "Industrial Espionage", would that even apply in this case? Are the Cards and 'Stros actually competing interests, or just different departments of the same huge corporation? If HR steals an idea from Marketing, is that a crime?

That's a fine question best asked of a corporate attorney.

Me, personally, I would tend to lean towards competing interests. That data could theoretically be the difference in millions of dollars of lost profit to the Astros. I guess we will see. IIRC, Luhnow was livid when the internal trade leaks came out. Talked about legal action and what not. And that's probably what got the FBI involved into this.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting point of view.

Also, this from that link jwolt put up:

Again according to Michael Schmidt's reporting in the Times, "Agents soon found that the Astros’ network had been entered from a computer at a home that some Cardinals officials had lived in." Of course top-ranking "officials" usually don't live together, so this suggests lower-level employees did the actual hacking. That doesn't mean their bosses didn't know. But they might at least have plausible deniability.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fine question best asked of a corporate attorney.

Me, personally, I would tend to lean towards competing interests. That data could theoretically be the difference in millions of dollars of lost profit to the Astros. I guess we will see. IIRC, Luhnow was livid when the internal trade leaks came out. Talked about legal action and what not. And that's probably what got the FBI involved into this.

I'm not suggesting that the Cardinals did nothing wrong, but I think Luhnow looks pretty fucking stupid for using the same passwords with the Astros that he did with the Cards.

I mean, shit, how is that "hacking"? Just because a computer was involved? I spent three hours last night trying to figure out a password that would get me into www.hotblackbitchesandcircusmidgets.com, so am I a hacker?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said before that fans of other team see the Cardinals as the Patriots of baseball.

I think that's a little harsh.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The thread went back to baseball, cool.
Looks like I spoke to soon.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's old dude.

Is it 13 years old? Like Superbowl 36?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting that the Cardinals did nothing wrong, but I think Luhnow looks pretty fucking stupid for using the same passwords with the Astros that he did with the Cards.

I mean, shit, how is that "hacking"? Just because a computer was involved? I spent three hours last night trying to figure out a password that would get me into www.hotblackbitchesandcircusmidgets.com, so am I a hacker?

I am this close to saying this is the GM's version of Darwin. Seriously how much dumber could Luhnow have been making a very similar system to "Redbird" and use the same frickin' passwords? I mean come on? That's just begging for something bad to happen. I mean jeebus, even the name of the software/system/whatever "Ground Control" screams knockoff.

As for the hacking, bottom line is apparently someone got into "Ground Control" unauthorized.