• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals being investigated by FBI for hacking into Astros network

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true, I'm disappointed as a fan. But everyone calling for draft picks...

Have Cardinals been hacking the standings, too? | FOX Sports

If you don't want to read the 4 short paragraphs it basically says because of the CBA, they can't take away draft picks. All that can really be done by MLB is fining them heavily and suspending the people who did it.

I doesnt say anything in the cba that prevents MLB from making them ineligible to win the division for the say.. next 3 seasons? :yes:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true this is the biggest cheat in sport's history since the Blacksox scandal.

I can't even begin to think what the punishments would be. Someone in the front office would have to be banned for years if not life.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true this is the biggest cheat in sport's history since the Blacksox scandal.

I can't even begin to think what the punishments would be. Someone in the front office would have to be banned for years if not life.

You're talking about the Pats or Cardinals?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1981744_10152906861835382_6199038464977536709_n.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now we are all just talking out of our asses. We have no idea what happened.

But if they can pinpoint someone who OK'd the "hack" or who did the hack on their own, than yes, I think one prize in the prize chest will be an all expenses paid vacation to GTFO!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moz (Cards GM) is a snake.

Straight slimmy bastard. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ahhhh karma

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up, Francis.

I'd say the real piece of shit was Tavarez for driving some young mother around while drunk.
I don't disagree with that and I am upset that the Cards wear his initials on their uni's. But that doesn't exclude that piece of shits' comment

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moz (Cards GM) is a snake.

Straight slimmy bastard. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ahhhh karma

I'd rather have him as my team's GM over anyone else, even if that is true. Nice guys are usually idiots anyway.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have him as my team's GM over anyone else, even if that is true. Nice guys are usually idiots anyway.

Nah u want the guy that the Astros got from the Cards. He's got the magic database appartently. The Cards just cracked the code/password.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre the Astros GM, why make a big deal about it? He has the opportunity to send the WRONG information to a rival team which he has a beef with and instead goes public and loses the opportunity. This smells like BS or an ego trip

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Cards always seem to have a great farm system even though they consistently make the playoffs and rarely have high draft picks. How do they do it?"

I guess we now know.
I guess cheating in baseball but not football is acceptable to most folks.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre the Astros GM, why make a big deal about it? He has the opportunity to send the WRONG information to a rival team which he has a beef with and instead goes public and loses the opportunity. This smells like BS or an ego trip

Can't make sense of this response. Luhnow can't figure out to use different passwords yet he's got the FBI on the Cardinals' ass?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't make sense of this response. Luhnow can't figure out to use different passwords yet he's got the FBI on the Cardinals' ass?
Ok.

Imagine you catch a rival team looking at your scouting info. Wouldn't warfare 101 to be to let your rival think they are getting good info and just manipulate the data to make the Cardinals make bad decisions while creating a new program the Cards dont know about with your real data?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBI probe of Cardinals makes it fair to question series with Dodgers - LA Times

FBI probe of Cardinals makes it fair to question series with Dodgers

Just call them the New England Cardinals … or maybe the St. Louis Patriots … or maybe just call them phonies in the wake of a New York Times report that they are being investigated by the FBI for hacking computer networks and stealing information about the Houston Astros.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just call them the New England Cardinals … or maybe the St. Louis Patriots … or maybe just call them phonies in the wake of a New York Times report that they are being investigated by the FBI for hacking computer networks and stealing information about the Houston Astros.

This was established eons ago, but I'll gladly say it again:

Bill Plaschke is a fucking idiot.

I'm all for shitting on the Cardinals, but what the fuck does this have to do with on-field performance?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The LA Times article is just nonsense.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this just sounds like some pissed off Cardinals employees went to extreme lengths to make Luhnow look bad. But the Cardinals are in some serious hot water if it is found that some high level execs knew about this taking place before, during, or after & didn't report it to MLB.

“the suspects [have] been narrowed to a group of four to five individuals within the Cardinals organization.”

If it does indeed include 4-5 individuals in this scheme, them MLB needs to drop the hammer.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is true, I'm disappointed as a fan. But everyone calling for draft picks...

Have Cardinals been hacking the standings, too? | FOX Sports

If you don't want to read the 4 short paragraphs it basically says because of the CBA, they can't take away draft picks. All that can really be done by MLB is fining them heavily and suspending the people who did it.

I've read there are clauses that allow the commissioners office extra powers if the integrity of the game is threatened.

What ever happens, it has to hit hard. Forfeiting revenue sharing seems like a logical path if draft picks are off the table.