• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capers????

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to move on to a different DC? I am so frickin tired of seeing the Packers seasons ending because the defense gives up too many big plays.

An argument can be made that the defense was the reason they were in a position to win but then again, giving up 3 scores in back to back to back possessions was the true back breaker. Would have been nice to get someone like Rex Ryan to lead this defense.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the faults of Capers the NFC Title game loss is not on him ay all. Our defense that game was amazing. No one has ever made Wilson look as badly as we did that game. The players were in the right position they just didnt execute. If Bostick blocks and lets Jordy catch the onside this isnt even a discussion. Or if Ha Ha knocks down the two point conversion throw it isnt even discussed. I thought our defense played incredibly well down the stretch.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put that loss more on Slocum and MM than Capers and his boys. We couldn't even muster one first down in the fourth quarter. Burnett gets a pick and MM comes out with 3 straight runs, loses yards and punts in under a minute. Sherman had a bum arm and Earl Thomas had an injured shoulder. Why not try and take advantage of that with the best qb in the game?

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put that loss more on Slocum and MM than Capers and his boys. We couldn't even muster one first down in the fourth quarter. Burnett gets a pick and MM comes out with 3 straight runs, loses yards and punts in under a minute. Sherman had a bum arm and Earl Thomas had an injured shoulder. Why not try and take advantage of that with the best qb in the game?

The team stopped playing for some reason! They didn't even try to make a first down late in the game! They still could have won w/o defending the fake FG, could even give up a TD, but that 2 point conversion will forever be an embarrassment! A high school team could have finished that game! Nothing worse than self-destructing like that with the game in hand! :L :doh: :wtf2:

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the faults of Capers the NFC Title game loss is not on him ay all. Our defense that game was amazing. No one has ever made Wilson look as badly as we did that game. The players were in the right position they just didnt execute. If Bostick blocks and lets Jordy catch the onside this isnt even a discussion. Or if Ha Ha knocks down the two point conversion throw it isnt even discussed. I thought our defense played incredibly well down the stretch.

I'm going to have to watch the replay again of that two-point conversion at some point. From what I remember it looked like Dix had all the time in the world to run in front of the ball and bat it down. I just remember seeing the ball floating and it almost looked like Dix was just standing there watching it or he tripped or something.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Capers did a good job this season, the Packers had problems against the run and he moved Matthews inside among other things and the run defense was 3rd in yards allowed the last 8 games. He had a good game plan against Seattle and it worked. The Offense was to conservative in that game and special teams blew it. Not the defense, sure they gave up some big plays the last 3 minutes but they never should have been in that situation. the loss in the NFCCG falls on McCarthy's shoulders and special teams. Green bay would do well to draft a stud ILB and another corner. Williams won't be back..

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was fine this year. Outstanding in the Seattle loss.

At some point, fans need to take blame away from coaches and put it on players. Execute on the field. Do coaches make mistakes? Definitely. But what we saw last weekend wasn't a coaching problem.