• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

can't believe all the 'trade wentz' talk

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming from eagles fans and just fans/people in general pondering the QB situation. even as a big foles fan, anyone who would want to dump wentz in favor of him is just delusional.

injury or not, wentz has superstar potential. he's significantly younger and can lead this team for the next decade. foles is a starter only on a good team and would probably fizzle out here after a couple seasons. seasons that may or may not involve playoff wins. we'd have to start a new QB search all over again.

there are obviously going to be plenty of offers for him. if he wants to go to a team who is willing to part with a 2nd round pick and/or players, the eagles should be jumping all over it. especially since we actually won the superbowl. now we can afford to take some random chances.

any situation not having wentz as the future starter for years to come is simple insane though.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was in the running for the league MVP prior to his injury. To trade wentz would be short sighted... I can see the Eagles making it to the SB several times with Wentz over the next 5 - 10 years.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anybody that watches football would trade Wentz in favor of Foles. Foles does appear to be a big game player and should get a chance to start someplace, just not in Philly. The Eagles should give him that chance if they get a decent offer. I think Wentz leads the Eagles to at least one more Super Bowl at some point, that said I don't think the Eagles win yesterday with Wentz in there. Foles was the right guy in the right game

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get goof offers for him.....trade Foles and get something in return before he walks after next season for nothing.

The Cards could be a good spot for him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying trade Wentz is a fool.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles cannot afford to trade Wentz.
Literally. It would cost them money against the cap next season.

Anyone who is suggesting it is either a casual fan or a fan of another team who wants Wentz traded to his team.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a clickbait take to say 'trade Wentz'.

Totally unrealistic, but people will want to listen, even if you think it's as preposterous as it sounds.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Don't worry about it.

Doug can make any competent QB work, but Wentz is special. I feel bad for him for missing out on this one, but I bet he gets his soon.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are in the same spot as the Patriots were. Two very good quarterbacks and they won't be able to keep both.

Foles is the perfect quarterback for this coaching staff's style of play. He's also the MVP of the most important game of the year. It's a tough decision but the Eagles will have to swallow hard and make it. Wentz is the future QB of the Eagles. Until he was hurt, he did everything right.

The Bills, Jets, maybe even the Broncos might be willing to pay more than expected to land Foles.

The biggest question once Foles is gone will be, can Wentz come back as good as he was when he left? Some QBs never come back the same.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a clickbait take to say 'trade Wentz'.

Totally unrealistic, but people will want to listen, even if you think it's as preposterous as it sounds.
the cat that posted this thread is a clickbait eagles hater, though he claims to be a fan. if you ain't about that murder game then...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only people suggesting it are morons.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cat that posted this thread is a clickbait eagles hater, though he claims to be a fan. if you ain't about that murder game then...

Whatever floats their boat.

Nobody can take this away from us, so on to the next clickbait.
Skip Bayless already tweeted about a QB controversy, so this is just schtick/entertainment.
Lazy journalism.
But, plenty of morans that will mop this up.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've already seen thousands of comments and random articles about foles/wentz. a lot of people see what foles did under kelly and how pederson adjusted the game plan to fit that style. they think fisher is just a QB killer (which he is) and that the eagles don't need a now injured wentz when foles is capable of winning it all.

i wouldn't necessarily call these people idiots.. i'd go with, ignorant. a lot feel wentz may never be the same and maybe won't even be fully healthy for next year. they rather go with foles and get something for wentz. they're just looking at the current situation, which is what fans, and sometimes media, always fool themselves into doing.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Foles until the start of next season, if Wentz is 100% healthy. And, if we trade him, who is the backup? I would want a #1, or a 2+ a player or 2+another pick. Prospects are just that.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've already seen thousands of comments and random articles about foles/wentz. a lot of people see what foles did under kelly and how pederson adjusted the game plan to fit that style. they think fisher is just a QB killer (which he is) and that the eagles don't need a now injured wentz when foles is capable of winning it all.

i wouldn't necessarily call these people idiots.. i'd go with, ignorant. a lot feel wentz may never be the same and maybe won't even be fully healthy for next year. they rather go with foles and get something for wentz. they're just looking at the current situation, which is what fans, and sometimes media, always fool themselves into doing.
holy shit, you're still going with this. why not try to enjoy a moment in your life you miserable fuck.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Foles until the start of next season, if Wentz is 100% healthy. And, if we trade him, who is the backup? I would want a #1, or a 2+ a player or 2+another pick. Prospects are just that.

Bring back Sam Bradford!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit, you're still going with this. why not try to enjoy a moment in your life you miserable fuck.

what are you babbling about you stupid, hungover fuck?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wouldn't care too much who the backup is. the odds of winning back to back championships is so slim. if they could acquire a high pick and/or players from a team foles wants to go to, i'm all for it. the key to the future will be to continually surround wentz with talent.