• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can you imagine...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles lost a Super Bowl with a play call like the one that just cost the Seahawks a ring?

I feel bad for Seahawks fans.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I would also have felt bad for Brady to lose two SuperBowls because of a lucky catch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I would also have felt bad for Brady to lose two SuperBowls because of a lucky catch.

Not me. Besides, they got a lucky break twice - with the bad pass play by Wilson; and Bennett jumping offsides down at the goal line.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a pass there with 20 seconds to go & only 1 timeout isnt as bad as it seemed at the time. It actually isnt bad at all. Its pretty smart. It gives you a chance to run the ball on both of your final 2 downs if its incomplete. If you run on that down & dont make it, you have to pass on BOTH of the final 2 downs anyway because you will have to use your final timeout. If it comes to that. So I see the logic.

The big problem is where the pass went. Much smarter to throw to corner of endzone. If its incomplete you are 3rd & 1 with about 15 seconds & 1 timeout. YOu run twice from there.

In reality...PASSING the ball there actually made the most sense. But not the actual play design. Should have been fade/corner route. Too risky inside like that.

That all said...the bigger part of the play was the int. Without it, the Hawks probably still win that game even with the play call.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or pass at least on 3rd down. I mean, it would take some pretty big balls to run it on 3rd & 1 with say 13 seconds to go and no timeouts left.

In the end...I could care less how they loss, so long as they did. Fuck the Seahawks.

If we lost like that? Id be pissed but more so at the design than the actual pass/run call.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most ridiculous call I have ever seen. Marshawn Lynch from the 1 yard line for a SB victory.. Nah lets pass the ball and throw the WR under the bus after the game. Talk about clueless all the way around. The OC shouldn't have a job today.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat there is no defending that decision. You have the toughest running back in football, especially around the goal line, you also have the best running quarterback in football and you try to throw a pass in that situation? I am sorry you lineup, you give the ball to Lynch and say stop us.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no guarantees in football whatsoever. They said Marshawn was like 1-5 on the year from the 1 yard line or something like that.

If he gets stopped. They have 13 seconds or so and no timeouts. Now its 3rd & 1 lets say. What then? Run again? If he gets stopped, time runs out. So no chance to run a play on 4th down.

No way you can run 3 times from the 1 with only 20 seconds & 1 timeout. Eventually they would have had to throw a pass.

The problem is where the pass was designed to go. Way too risky inside like that.

and again...the huge part there was the INTERCEPTION. That was even bigger than the design or the actual run/pass call. Dude made an all time play right there. Give the PAts some credit too.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last bonehead play reminded me of the Eagles' Miracle at the Meadowlands in 1978 where, with seconds to go and the Giants ahead 17–12, Off-Broadway Joe (Piscarcik) took the snap and instead of taking a knee to run out the clock, fumbled it trying to hand off to Larry Csonka, and Herm Edwards picked it up and ran 26 yards for the winning score. Actually, the play was called by the offensive coordinator, Bob Gibson, who was fired the next day. Anyone remember this?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no guarantees in football whatsoever. They said Marshawn was like 1-5 on the year from the 1 yard line or something like that.

If he gets stopped. They have 13 seconds or so and no timeouts. Now its 3rd & 1 lets say. What then? Run again? If he gets stopped, time runs out. So no chance to run a play on 4th down.

No way you can run 3 times from the 1 with only 20 seconds & 1 timeout. Eventually they would have had to throw a pass.

The problem is where the pass was designed to go. Way too risky inside like that.

and again...the huge part there was the INTERCEPTION. That was even bigger than the design or the actual run/pass call. Dude made an all time play right there. Give the PAts some credit too.

The Qb is 5ft 11, there are more bad things that can happen with a quick pass from the goal line than good things...the chances the ball is tipped, or goes off the receivers hands and into the hands of a defender are to great. The chance that Lynch doesn't get in or fumbles EXTREMELY SLIM! There is a reason he is called BEAST MODE, and it would have taken the whole stadium to tackle him at the 1 yard line with 20 seconds left in the SB. I loved Andy Reid, but that is exactly the SHIT play he would have called right there, and one of the reasons so many of you can't stand Reid even though he really was a great coach.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call was horrendous and there is no defending it. That was a no brainer right there. "If" there was any type of pass call it should have had Wilson rolling out with the option to run it in or throw it away. Hell, he could have tossed it to a guy right in front of him. Anything but a throw over the middle! Too much can happen there. The Pats didn't stop Wilson all game and I'm sure Lynch was more than capable of getting that yard. They were at the 1! Not the 3 or 5 yard line. The call was HORRENDOUS! It cost them a ring!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had a stat that of 109 passes this year from goal to go at the one, not a single one had been intercepted. Its really not that risky. I am in the camp of the play call making sense. As Swat pointed out, you need to pass on one of the three plays anyways. That down is as good as any. All this second guess is results oriented thinking. If its not intercepted, no one says a thing about that call.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone had a stat that of 109 passes this year from goal to go at the one, not a single one had been intercepted. Its really not that risky. I am in the camp of the play call making sense. As Swat pointed out, you need to pass on one of the three plays anyways. That down is as good as any. All this second guess is results oriented thinking. If its not intercepted, no one says a thing about that call.

Exactly. In real time it seemed horrendous but when you think about it logically, it makes a ton of sense to pass it there. If they had 2 timeouts instead of just 1, then yea..you just run it 3 times in a row.

Only gripe really from me is the type of pass it was. Id have called a corner fade or something.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old school, I do not believe in ever throwing the football from the 1! EVER! I line up my horses and knock you the fuck out! Period. I go I Formation with a lead blocker and run right behind my biggest run blocking Beast o-lineman, with my BEAST Rb. That is how I roll.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Belicheck messed up by not calling time out before that and instead letting Seattle run the clock. As it turns out Belicheck was smarter than all of us (again). By not calling time out, Seattle ended up taking 25 seconds to run that running play and then they were put in the situation where they had to run the pass on one of the two plays. NE could then guess based on formation that the next play was a pass and defended it perfectly.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say it was an amazing game, but if the Eagles were in a game like that I think the city would have rioted if we lost, and probably rioted if we won. haha

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last bonehead play reminded me of the Eagles' Miracle at the Meadowlands in 1978 where, with seconds to go and the Giants ahead 17–12, Off-Broadway Joe (Piscarcik) took the snap and instead of taking a knee to run out the clock, fumbled it trying to hand off to Larry Csonka, and Herm Edwards picked it up and ran 26 yards for the winning score. Actually, the play was called by the offensive coordinator, Bob Gibson, who was fired the next day. Anyone remember this?

For sure. But back in those days no one took a knee. It was only after that game that taking a knee and then the victory formation became popular.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those passes were thrown over the middle with a 5'10" quarterback? That was stupid. You guys trying to rationalize and make it seem like it was a good call STOP IT! It was stupid! I don't care what the hell happened in the past. That was a bonehead call period. How the heck can the worst case scenario happen and people try to explain how it was a good call. Are you serious? You cannot make that call from the one yard line NO EXCUSES!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! It was STUPID!