• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone stop the Almighty Cards?

jasonhart2217

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure doesn't look like it....Braves up next for a Cardinal beat down. Keep on waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the Cards to falter. Sorry it isn't gonna happen. Cards are reloaded and ready to dominate for the next 8 years. And this is without our starting SS, Closer, and two starting pitchers. LOL at the Reds trying to be respected and on the level of Cardinals Nation! It will Never Happen! :clap: Wave The :yahoo:Reds fans!

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same things about the Big Red Machine in the 70's...they won 2. The Braves "dominated" for a decade, and they won 1. The Yankees WS record is overwhelmingly dominant, if you don't count recent history. Baseball is a LONG season, and it doesn't take much to make a championship caliber team slip. St.Louis has done a lot if things right, from an organizational perspective, and it's kept them from slumping to the cellar for years upon end, but they aren't exactly a perennial WS team, either. They maintain a solid farm system, and have been lucky enough to have some longevity with front office and field management, but all things evolve. The Reds have a somewhat more limited budget, and definately haven't had in Dusty Baker, what the Cardinals had with LaRussa. The Reds talent has been on par with the Cardinals, but they still lack some of the financial resources and dugout leadership that have been Cardinal constants. We aren't that far off, though.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, anyone that would take a century old family business (Budweiser) and sell it to the Beligians, and still call it the "Great American Lager", might be good at selling bullshit. The also dumped Busch Gardens, and every other holding except those dear old Cards. How long until they're owned by someone else ? Never say never.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure doesn't look like it....Braves up next for a Cardinal beat down. Keep on waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the Cards to falter. Sorry it isn't gonna happen. Cards are reloaded and ready to dominate for the next 8 years. And this is without our starting SS, Closer, and two starting pitchers. LOL at the Reds trying to be respected and on the level of Cardinals Nation! It will Never Happen! :clap: Wave The :yahoo:Reds fans!

Your Cardinals will be stoped and slowed down, by the Redlegs. Dont know if your aware of this but the 2 teams play each other at the beginning of August, and I cant wait to watch the Reds stomp on your Cardinals.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have 14 games left vs the Bucs, and 10 vs the Reds (7 at GABP) That's roughly a third of their remaining games.

We'll find out then.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looked like the Rangers could when they swept them in St. Louis a month ago.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looked like the Rangers could when they swept them in St. Louis a month ago.

Word.

This is the mentality of Reds fans though...

Always waiting for the roof to cave in.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

This is the mentality of Reds fans though...

Always waiting for the roof to cave in.

NLC figures to go down to the wire, with three outstanding teams. Fans should probably not get too high or too low in the meantime.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NLC figures to go down to the wire, with three outstanding teams. Fans should probably not get too high or too low in the meantime.

Yeah, and it's because of the remaining schedules. The Cards have 24 games left against the Reds and Pirates for crissakes! Nothing has been remotely decided in this division.

I realize that it's easy to get caught up in the moment...we're all guilty of it, but the doom and gloom goes on with Reds fans all year every year.

A little perspective makes for a far more enjoyable season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and it's because of the remaining schedules. The Cards have 24 games left against the Reds and Pirates for crissakes! Nothing has been remotely decided in this division.

I realize that it's easy to get caught up in the moment...we're all guilty of it, but the doom and gloom goes on with Reds fans all year every year.

A little perspective makes for a far more enjoyable season.

Definitely agree with trying to maintain some perspective, but I'm not so sure how peculiar the "doom and gloom" is to Reds fans. For example, during our current slump, the Rangers board is pretty much entirely on suicide watch.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with trying to maintain some perspective, but I'm not so sure how peculiar the "doom and gloom" is to Reds fans. For example, during our current slump, the Rangers board is pretty much entirely on suicide watch.

It was like this last year, when this team won 97 games and the NLC by 9.

I know it's not an attitude that's exclusive to Reds fans, but we have it for sure.

A pitcher fails to get a bunt down, and you'd think the season was over.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pitcher fails to get a bunt down, and you'd think the season was over.

LOL That is extreme!

By the way ... didn't notice until now, but the OP of this thread is a well known troll from the ESPN boards. Guess the thread title was already a pretty clear indicator that this is mere troll fodder.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, great thread. Exciting stuff eh folks? This is gonna be a nail-biter to the end and granted, I am a long time Reds fan, but it is so good to see this kind of scenario among'st the "black eye" MLB is receiving right now due to the whole "PHD" distraction. Gives the fans something "proper" baseball-wise to talk about. Pirates have been brought back to life after 20 years, Cardinals somehow keep it going with losing so much talent/coach the past couple years, and how 'bout them Reds! Fighting hard and sporting a nice record/performances to start the 2nd half. The "Red Storm" is coming & the health of the team overall seems to be improving....just in time I say.

Good to see the Pirates back to something I recall as a youngster....I am happy for them.

Good to see the trolls are alive and well!!!! The Cardinals will be eating crow soon enough....freaking cannibals.

GO REDLEGS!!!! Let the good times roll.......... :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe a troll gets more replies than a comment about the Reds.
Does anybody really think this idiot wants to discuss the Reds?
Read his post. He is a troll.
Report the crap.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe a troll gets more replies than a comment about the Reds.
Does anybody really think this idiot wants to discuss the Reds?
Read his post. He is a troll.
Report the crap.

He's gone for a few days. 8 posts and every one trolling a team board. Sorry guys.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board has been pretty troll free so far. Now they're all coming over from the ESPN board. As far as his stupid question, time will tell. They do have a better manager and coaching staff, but Reds have better talent.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla is pretty good about not tolerating trolling. Conversely, the trolls were ESPN's lifeblood.