• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the so-called highlights last night of Williams tossing the rock around on the NFL channel. FAirly basic and not as detailed asit would have been had he performed multiple tasks at the combine, altho I'm sure he went thru all that as well - just wasn't covered by the network. There's probably a more detailed review of everything he did somewhere on the internet. But what I did see I liked. The man was put on this earth to throw a football for a living. Nice fluid motion, quick release, pretty damn accurate.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord.

The context of my post was that it was reported Caleb Williams wanted a part of ownership...which turned out to be bullsh*t. But if he actually would have demanded ownership of a team as a part of signing with them, who the f*ck would draft him? Nobody.
I got fooled early on about that stuff. Every verifiable thing I have heard about him has been good though. I don’t mind him crying after a loss and painting his finger nails sounds like something for his mother. Hopefully, he can shut the media out when they come for his head after his first incompletion.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the so-called highlights last night of Williams tossing the rock around on the NFL channel. FAirly basic and not as detailed asit would have been had he performed multiple tasks at the combine, altho I'm sure he went thru all that as well - just wasn't covered by the network. There's probably a more detailed review of everything he did somewhere on the internet. But what I did see I liked. The man was put on this earth to throw a football for a living. Nice fluid motion, quick release, pretty damn accurate.
He looks good. How awesome would it be to be a USC player trying to get drafted right now. CW brought an awful lot of scouts to come watch the usc pro day and his teammates benefitted big time. I don’t know if that’s why he skipped the combine, but if it is, that’s awesome.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got fooled early on about that stuff. Every verifiable thing I have heard about him has been good though. I don’t mind him crying after a loss and painting his finger nails sounds like something for his mother. Hopefully, he can shut the media out when they come for his head after his first incompletion.
Same here, no longer giving a rat's ass about any personality traits of his. However, I'll continue to be concerned over his holding onto the ball too long and those insane number of fumbles, at least until proven otherwise. Early on it shouldn't be too much of a concern because the Bears are going to limit his 'creativity', ie, sticking more to the basics - plays that have him getting rid of the ball quickly, not too many 7 step dropback plays, etc. And when it does come time for him to use that creativity, I'm anticipating a lot of rollouts, especially to his left. Not sure there's a QB in all of football, pros or college, that can throw with such accuracy moving in that direction.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, really not a fan of pass and catch other than a determination of arm strength, but honestly, that's in his college tape as well. More interested in how he can read a defense which is always the greater unknown until one actually takes a snap against NFL defenses. So, assuming the Bears go Williams, Hehe, Panthers, then we will do the ole, wait and see.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive got it bvr'ed,just have not had time to watch it,maybe tonight......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive got it bvr'ed,just have not had time to watch it,maybe tonight......
Honestly, you're not going to see a ton of stuff, just mostly simple passes - short, intermediate and a few deep. I concentrated primarily on his footwork and release. Both seemed really solid, especially the release.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm still watching the video you linked here @BeaReylo, very impressed. I've caught a number of games and plenty of tape with Williams, but only during his stint with USC. Amazing how successful he was with Oklahoma as well.

We have no idea if Williams will go down as one of the NFL greats or a total bust. But one thing that can't be denied is this kid's amazing release. It's as quick and efficient as any QB out there, pro or college. There's virtually no wind up. You gotta have a strong wrist to pull off the release he possesses. Anyway, back to the tape!!! Thanks again, bro.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks good. How awesome would it be to be a USC player trying to get drafted right now. CW brought an awful lot of scouts to come watch the usc pro day and his teammates benefitted big time. I don’t know if that’s why he skipped the combine, but if it is, that’s awesome.
the ones that threw in the combine still had their pro day. I am expecting rules to change where these players can get compensated for participating in scouting activities.

Harrison and the entirety of the Ohio State team elected to not skip class for a pro day and they are getting beat up over it. What speaks more towards character?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison and the entirety of the Ohio State team elected to not skip class for a pro day and they are getting beat up over it. What speaks more towards character?

The reason why MHJ hasn't done anything...combine, interview at combine, and pro day...is really simple. He doesn't have to. His draft position is solidified. The first team that wants a receiver in the draft is taking him. And outside of him borrowing his Dad's gun and shooting someone...that's not changing.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why MHJ hasn't done anything...combine, interview at combine, and pro day...is really simple. He doesn't have to. His draft position is solidified. The first team that wants a receiver in the draft is taking him. And outside of him borrowing his Dad's gun and shooting someone...that's not changing.
He's straight up the first non-QB drafted
As long as his interviews and medicals check out. There's nothing else to prove ability wise

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we didn't tank. Could of gotten MHJ and CW and kept our 4th. But idiot Bear fans can't think.