• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are going.....just keep Fields and make it an open competition.

Fields would probably win.....if he gets hurt, start Williams. If he sucks, start Williams. If Fields bitches, release him. They wouldn't be keeping him past next season anyway.....

If he plays well as a starter and a QB gets hurt....a team may come calling and offer a 3rd or 4th for him. then they can start Williams.

Right now there is no market.
This is the way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's become my take as well. No sense just giving him away.
Nah.

With what they are doing in FA? They could win 9-10 games. Be right in the mix for a playoff spot.

And it wouldn't hurt Williams to sit for a little and have to earn it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get a good pick now it makes sense.

Otherwise, roll with this 2 QB situation for a year. If it were 2 years? It'd be a little different.
Do you follow USC football?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, thought you might’ve. Do you think Caleb is going to make it in the NFL?
USC QB's typically do not. I think Caleb very well could. I say 75% yes, 25% no.

But, honestly? I would trade down with Washington (I believe Caleb is from there) and take Daniels. I think Daniels is going to be a better pro personally. I would say 90% he is going to make it, 10% no.

But, @trojanfan12 (my fellow cohort on the NBA threads is a USC fan) so he could tell you much more in detail about him. Seen most (if not all) of his college games at 'SC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams was released.

He might be injury prone but the Bears should offer him a 1 year deal and make him their #2.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Williams and Renfrow to make good deals and you have

WR1=Moore
WR2=Williams
Slot WR=Renfrow

BOOM.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are going.....just keep Fields and make it an open competition.

Fields would probably win.....if he gets hurt, start Williams. If he sucks, start Williams. If Fields bitches, release him. They wouldn't be keeping him past next season anyway.....

If he plays well as a starter and a QB gets hurt....a team may come calling and offer a 3rd or 4th for him. then they can start Williams.

Right now there is no market.

Nah,jif its their mission to get trade him,by all means get what you can get.....
Poles says he wants to do him good,well keeping him in limbo is not doing him good.......
It would absolultley be insane to wait for a trade,every hour passes by the cheaper he is gonna come.......Poles needs to make the call,not wait for someone else.
They need to figure out what to do with the pick or picks theyy recieve so they can get on with what to do in the draft......

He is not doing Justin right by keeping him in limbo by waiting to see what happens.....Im sure he would like to get settled in somewheres........

Half me says we are trading the pick......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Williams and Renfrow to make good deals and you have

WR1=Moore
WR2=Williams
Slot WR=Renfrow

BOOM.
Williams would be great.......no to Renfrow.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams would be great.......no to Renfrow.
Renfrow is a really good slot receiver.

You could get him on a 1 year make good deal for like 5-6 million. He was hurt 2 seasons ago and this past season? McDumbass was not using him right after drafting Tre Tucker as the new #3 WR.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah,jif its their mission to get trade him,by all means get what you can get.....
Poles says he wants to do him good,well keeping him in limbo is not doing him good.......
It would absolultley be insane to wait for a trade,every hour passes by the cheaper he is gonna come.......Poles needs to make the call,not wait for someone else.
They need to figure out what to do with the pick or picks theyy recieve so they can get on with what to do in the draft......

He is not doing Justin right by keeping him in limbo by waiting to see what happens.....Im sure he would like to get settled in somewheres........

Half me says we are trading the pick......
Right now you are not getting much. A 6th rounder, maybe a 5th.

Keep him and let Caleb sit and learn for a little while. Might be best since Caleb has been an entitled douche since he was at OU.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now you are not getting much. A 6th rounder, maybe a 5th.

Keep him and let Caleb sit and learn for a little while. Might be best since Caleb has been an entitled douche since he was at OU.

Nah,it will do no good to have JF looking over his shoulder every minute of the day........
Poles has said he wants to do Justin right,trading him is doing him right.....no sense in keeping him in limbo.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL Matt Pryor to the Bears,.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Poles......lets do it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC QB's typically do not. I think Caleb very well could. I say 75% yes, 25% no.

But, honestly? I would trade down with Washington (I believe Caleb is from there) and take Daniels. I think Daniels is going to be a better pro personally. I would say 90% he is going to make it, 10% no.

But, @trojanfan12 (my fellow cohort on the NBA threads is a USC fan) so he could tell you much more in detail about him. Seen most (if not all) of his college games at 'SC.

I think Caleb has a better chance than previous USC QBs because he has athleticism that previous USC QBs didn't. He showed that he can throw guys open (which tends to be an issue for most QBs from big time programs because they are throwing to wide open receivers a lot) and his legs add a dimension that previous USC QBs didn't have at the level he does. Darnold came closest.

It'll be interesting. The Bears seem to be trying to figure out what to do with Fields, so not sure if they're 100% on Caleb. He's from DC and the Redskins just hired Kliff Kingsbury who coached him last year. To my knowledge, he hasn't expressed a preference...so it looks like it will come down to what the Bears decide on Fields.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Poles......lets do it.
Older with an injury issue. Only way he goes to the Bears, PARTICULARLY, with a rookie QB, if the Bears go that route, would be, every other team passes on him. Why would a seasoned vet, take a chance on a rookie QB?

Over pay is the only thing that makes sense, but I do not think I would run that route with a 30 year old coming off of injury.

Last edited: