• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy Or Sell @ Deadline? You name it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, I just saw where Cuban was going to try and help the city of Dallas convince people to move here and I told my wife that he can't even get a free agent to play for his team so they might want to get someone else to help.

Why the hell does Dallas and the state of Texas for that matter need more people?

If anything, we need to be less crowded. We're already the second most populous state and people are moving here in droves.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe JD thinks that he has to try and keep this team as competitive as possible until the new stadium opens because he doesn't want the team to suck when they open the new ball park. I know it's a long way off, but it might be something he's taking into consideration.

Pretty sure JD busts his ass to put together the best team he can year in and year out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell does Dallas and the state of Texas for that matter need more people?

If anything, we need to be less crowded. We're already the second most populous state and people are moving here in droves.
They heard about the Crawler and couldn't wait to meet ya. haha

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Rangers' Yu Darvish will approach his looming free agency | SportsDay

All-Star pitcher Yu Darvish will not let sentiment affect his decision on remaining with the Texas Rangers.

Darvish can become a free agent after the season. He told reporters before the All-Star Game workout in Miami on Monday that he enjoys living in the North Texas area. Darvish joined the Rangers as an international free agent before the 2012 season after spending seven seasons in Nippon Pro Baseball.

Do not look for Darvish to give the Rangers a hometown discount if he hits the open market, as expected.

"Liking Texas and signing a deal are two different things," said Darvish, speaking through an interpreter. "It's all business."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All-Star pitcher Yu Darvish will not let sentiment affect his decision on remaining with the Texas Rangers.

Darvish can become a free agent after the season. He told reporters before the All-Star Game workout in Miami on Monday that he enjoys living in the North Texas area. Darvish joined the Rangers as an international free agent before the 2012 season after spending seven seasons in Nippon Pro Baseball.

Do not look for Darvish to give the Rangers a hometown discount if he hits the open market, as expected.

"Liking Texas and signing a deal are two different things," said Darvish, speaking through an interpreter. "It's all business."

He gone!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD must be playing games. Something wrong and beginning to sound a bit crazy. Better sell if there is no secrets in the closet.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Quintana traded to Cubs for 4 prospects. White Sox spending a few seasons restocking the farm. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers follow suit before too long.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about you guys, but despite our position this season, I'll still be glad to get back to the real/games/grind again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by this?......Honest.
I mean JD has something that he is not telling. The clue is Darvish. JD will not let him walk imo. Has already got a deal or will let a cat out of the bag July 31.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you guys have already talked about this extensively but do you think about a fire sale before the deadline? I'm talking complete overhaul mainly focused on receiving top of the line SP prospects. Darvish is probably going to be a Yankee, might as well trade him and see what we can get, right? I'm comfortable dangling Beltre, Napoli, Lecroy and maybe even Hamels for the right groups of guys. I'd hate to lose Beltre but would love to see him get a ring at the same time and he might be able to bring some pretty good prospects from the right team. If we could find a way to unload Choo's contract at the same time, that would be nice. It would free up some salary to go after a vet SP.

I'll be honest though, I haven't really been a good fan this year. So, what are your thoughts on this?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about you guys, but despite our position this season, I'll still be glad to get back to the real/games/grind again.

I'm focused on the Beltre 3K chase. If it somehow comes down to the Baltimore series at home, I'm going to try my damnedest to be there.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This road trip is against 3 teams vying for a wild card. Should be interesting.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you guys have already talked about this extensively but do you think about a fire sale before the deadline? I'm talking complete overhaul mainly focused on receiving top of the line SP prospects. Darvish is probably going to be a Yankee, might as well trade him and see what we can get, right? I'm comfortable dangling Beltre, Napoli, Lecroy and maybe even Hamels for the right groups of guys. I'd hate to lose Beltre but would love to see him get a ring at the same time and he might be able to bring some pretty good prospects from the right team. If we could find a way to unload Choo's contract at the same time, that would be nice. It would free up some salary to go after a vet SP.

I'll be honest though, I haven't really been a good fan this year. So, what are your thoughts on this?
I am in agreement and I would include Odor as someone I would dangle. We need really good AA and AAA prospects added to this organization in a very bad way.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a chain on Darvish's ankle and Choo on the other end and see what happens with NY. We need to free up that money. Lucroy and Odor is worth parading around along with Gomez. However, we must remember needs in the rotation and BP. Gotta have something other than prospects.