• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burkhead signs with Patriots

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh...and the Browns claimed James Wright off of waivers. Didn't think this deserved its own thread.

Roster churned. Marvin is going to have no choice but to play rookies out of the gate. Won't have an option at this point. Although bargain bin free agency is where we make our hay.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bengals haven't re-signed any of their white free agents.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burkhead to the Patriots was the most obvious signing ever..... I'm sure he'll do well up there. There will be more than a few tears shed when he's putting up big all-purpose numbers while we're watching Jeremy Hill run for 2 yards a pop.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it until next offseason before a core player on this team demands a trade.

AJ Green
Andy Dalton
Geno Atkins
Carlos Dunlap

The Bungals are making a come back. It's obvious that Mike Brown has taken back the wheel. The message from ownership is that of contentment with hoarding cap space and piling up comp picks.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burkhead to the Patriots was the most obvious signing ever..... I'm sure he'll do well up there. There will be more than a few tears shed when he's putting up big all-purpose numbers while we're watching Jeremy Hill run for 2 yards a pop.

You couldn't script this any better. Do we play NE next year? Rex will have a Jonas Gray game against us I'm sure.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals front office (Mikey and the gang) has really bought into the Duke Tobin hype. All that press a few years ago about having 'one of the best, if not 'best' overall roster' really sent us down the wrong path. It obviously didn't translate to postseason wins. And it created this false narrative that we are masters of the draft. Duke Tobin was being treated like he was Ozzie Newsome.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A real head coach would not sit back and watch his team being dismantled. This is going to get ugly in a hurry.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Burkhead alot, but was he that much of a difference maker? We are going to draft a RB anyways and we still have Hill, Bernard and Peerman (who I think we will resign).

James Wright? Beh...who cares?

Whitworth and Zeitler got 12 million a year...a 36 year old at the most important position on his offensive line, and the richest guard contract in NFL history? Do you honestly think that is worth it when you can get "close" to the same production at guard from a guy making 5 to 6 million?

We signed Kirkpatrick for nearly 10 million a year.

Peko was over the hill, has been for about 2 to 3 years now.

Margus Hunt? Who cares, he was a bust. We can draft another bust or use a college free agent for that.

The only real concerns that we lost were Whitworth and Zeitler and I think both were extremely overpaid, Whitworth because of his age, and Zeitler because he is not quite as good as everyone makes him out to be. Granted, he had a turn in Cedric beside him most the year, but Zeitler didn't look overly impressive to me either.

Do you know who our offensive line was in 2009 when we went 10-6 and swept the division?

LT Whitworth (first year starter)
LG Nate Livings (undrafted)
C Kyle Cook (undrafted)
RG Evan Mathis (before he became good)
RT Andre Collins with Dennis Roland as his backup

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way excited about our offensive line, they will blow this year, but they would have blown with Whitworth and Zeitler just like they did last year, it just won't cost as much to blow.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Burkhead alot, but was he that much of a difference maker? We are going to draft a RB anyways and we still have Hill, Bernard and Peerman (who I think we will resign).

James Wright? Beh...who cares?

Whitworth and Zeitler got 12 million a year...a 36 year old at the most important position on his offensive line, and the richest guard contract in NFL history? Do you honestly think that is worth it when you can get "close" to the same production at guard from a guy making 5 to 6 million?

We signed Kirkpatrick for nearly 10 million a year.

Peko was over the hill, has been for about 2 to 3 years now.

Margus Hunt? Who cares, he was a bust. We can draft another bust or use a college free agent for that.

The only real concerns that we lost were Whitworth and Zeitler and I think both were extremely overpaid, Whitworth because of his age, and Zeitler because he is not quite as good as everyone makes him out to be. Granted, he had a turn in Cedric beside him most the year, but Zeitler didn't look overly impressive to me either.

Do you know who our offensive line was in 2009 when we went 10-6 and swept the division?

LT Whitworth (first year starter)
LG Nate Livings (undrafted)
C Kyle Cook (undrafted)
RG Evan Mathis (before he became good)
RT Andre Collins with Dennis Roland as his backup

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way excited about our offensive line, they will blow this year, but they would have blown with Whitworth and Zeitler just like they did last year, it just won't cost as much to blow.

Geoff - Don't you have an article to write for the Bengals.com website?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be exhausting to try to put up a team that's going to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a season.

we need to tank a season so that we can get a cake schedule the next season.

it's just business.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green and Lafell are still our starters going into week 1, unless they get hurt. Boyd should get more yards.

provided Andy has any time to throw whatsoever.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is, fans still think we are getting a top draft pick for AJ McCarron.

Even if that were in the realm of possibility (spoiler: not happening) why would the Bengals wanna trade him now? They might actually need him next season when Andy gets murdered behind the collection of garbage that's being assembled in front of him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geoff - Don't you have an article to write for the Bengals.com website?

HA. Funny. However, my point stands. All we lost in free agency was Whitworth and Zeitler and there was no way we were going to give a 36 year old LT 36 million over the next 3 years. Zeitler, now he was the hard one to lose, but at 5 years 60 million nearly 40 million guaranteed, heck no.

As I said, our oline stunk last year with Whitworth and Zeitler, may as well pay less and let it stink this year for less.

Who knows? Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with Ogbuehi and he finally starts living up to his potential now that he is back in his normal spot. Also, it seemed to me that Fisher was getting better and better in those last few games as he got used to playing RT.

Smith is no gem, but him being a RT is partly what got him hurt in my opinion with speed rushers putting pressure up field on him and him twisting and hurting those ankles and knees. His size and power would play much better at RG in my opinion. Same first step, but less movement. The one on the oline I am worried about besides Ogbuehi is Bodine. That dude needs to tighten up his damn game. He looked like Eric "The Turnstile" Gutcheck last year.

Expect at least 2 OL draft picks this year, 1 in the first 3 rounds, one in the later rounds.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we're definitely drafting a RB early now.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA. Funny. However, my point stands. All we lost in free agency was Whitworth and Zeitler and there was no way we were going to give a 36 year old LT 36 million over the next 3 years. Zeitler, now he was the hard one to lose, but at 5 years 60 million nearly 40 million guaranteed, heck no.

As I said, our oline stunk last year with Whitworth and Zeitler, may as well pay less and let it stink this year for less.

Who knows? Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised with Ogbuehi and he finally starts living up to his potential now that he is back in his normal spot. Also, it seemed to me that Fisher was getting better and better in those last few games as he got used to playing RT.

Smith is no gem, but him being a RT is partly what got him hurt in my opinion with speed rushers putting pressure up field on him and him twisting and hurting those ankles and knees. His size and power would play much better at RG in my opinion. Same first step, but less movement. The one on the oline I am worried about besides Ogbuehi is Bodine. That dude needs to tighten up his damn game. He looked like Eric "The Turnstile" Gutcheck last year.

Expect at least 2 OL draft picks this year, 1 in the first 3 rounds, one in the later rounds.

Considering how the bad the run game was last year and how many times Dalton was sacked/hit/hurried, i don't think the line will be that much worse.