• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burkhead signs with Patriots

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is, fans still think we are getting a top draft pick for AJ McCarron.

Even if that were in the realm of possibility (spoiler: not happening) why would the Bengals wanna trade him now? They might actually need him next season when Andy gets murdered behind the collection of garbage that's being assembled in front of him.

I think it's crazy to think that they can't get a 2 for the guy..... If the Pats truly aren't moving on Jimmy G. and Cousins isn't getting traded, there really isn't much out there as far as guys with experience. McCarron could have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder when he came out if he wasn't damaged goods. And given his performance while Andy was out, I think he'd be a good starter.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown won't deal him for peanuts.

when he becomes a free agent maybe he'll get paid.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Burkhead alot, but was he that much of a difference maker? We are going to draft a RB anyways and we still have Hill, Bernard and Peerman (who I think we will resign).

James Wright? Beh...who cares?

Whitworth and Zeitler got 12 million a year...a 36 year old at the most important position on his offensive line, and the richest guard contract in NFL history? Do you honestly think that is worth it when you can get "close" to the same production at guard from a guy making 5 to 6 million?

We signed Kirkpatrick for nearly 10 million a year.

Peko was over the hill, has been for about 2 to 3 years now.

Margus Hunt? Who cares, he was a bust. We can draft another bust or use a college free agent for that.

The only real concerns that we lost were Whitworth and Zeitler and I think both were extremely overpaid, Whitworth because of his age, and Zeitler because he is not quite as good as everyone makes him out to be. Granted, he had a turn in Cedric beside him most the year, but Zeitler didn't look overly impressive to me either.

Do you know who our offensive line was in 2009 when we went 10-6 and swept the division?

LT Whitworth (first year starter)
LG Nate Livings (undrafted)
C Kyle Cook (undrafted)
RG Evan Mathis (before he became good)
RT Andre Collins with Dennis Roland as his backup

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way excited about our offensive line, they will blow this year, but they would have blown with Whitworth and Zeitler just like they did last year, it just won't cost as much to blow.

Whitworth won't turn 36 until December 12th

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitworth won't turn 36 until December 12th

My bad. 35. *shrug*

You got yourselves a really good leader (outstanding leader) and a solid LT whose best years are behind him. Enjoy. I will miss him but not worth 36 million at his age IMO.