• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper the next poster boy for roids?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWEEP!!!

He at least got a couple of hits in last night's game. In fact, he was the only offense for Washington and that was basically the first game all year against the Mets where he did jack-squat. You can't say the guy doesn't care.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an MVP is headed his way.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an MVP is headed his way.

I love that there are people suggesting it should go to Cespedes. The guy has inferior rate stats to Harper, nevermind that he has about 100 fewer games in the NL.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moon face combined with the bulging abdomen that make him look like he swallowed a mellon whole kind of give it away.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that there are people suggesting it should go to Cespedes. The guy has inferior rate stats to Harper, nevermind that he has about 100 fewer games in the NL.
He's not even the best hitter of the 2nd half - Votto's got him beat in offensive production and it's not even close.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I mention I don't like Harper LOL? Anyway here's some background. I've played pro ball and have scouted so here's my take from a few yrs ago when I saw Harper as a 17 yr old. I was watching him play for Team USA btw. I was NOT there scouting , my son was there and I made an effort to watch Harper. So a couple weeks later I'm at an event(with my son again) and find myself shooting the breeze with a scout from the Cubs. He hadn't seen Harper and asked what I thought of him. I told him the kid will never catch in pro ball. He was a horrible catcher and was going nowhere at that position. Most important is the fact he never should have been catching to begin with. He's a tremendous athlete and can run. This was obvious to me before I saw him do anything. I also told this guy the kid had the kind of arm we rarely see. So he says " you think he's a RF?". I said probably but he definitely has the athleticism to play CF all day with anyone. I told him after watching him play twice against the best teenagers in the country I was not sold on his bat. It's only 2 games but I just didn't see what everyone was talking about. I finished the conversation by saying Harper reminds be of Andy VanSlyke. A great athlete , potential for being a real good outfielder but not the best in the game. That was my "report" from a few yrs back. How far off am I? Not very. The biggest difference is Harper has power Van Slyke never had. Other than that they're pretty similar

Full disclosure : I did not scout amateur players , just pro ball. I no longer scout except for fun

Harper's career and skill level is really mirroring Andy Van Slyke...good call there :thumb:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I mention I don't like Harper LOL? Anyway here's some background. I've played pro ball and have scouted so here's my take from a few yrs ago when I saw Harper as a 17 yr old. I was watching him play for Team USA btw. I was NOT there scouting , my son was there and I made an effort to watch Harper. So a couple weeks later I'm at an event(with my son again) and find myself shooting the breeze with a scout from the Cubs. He hadn't seen Harper and asked what I thought of him. I told him the kid will never catch in pro ball. He was a horrible catcher and was going nowhere at that position. Most important is the fact he never should have been catching to begin with. He's a tremendous athlete and can run. This was obvious to me before I saw him do anything. I also told this guy the kid had the kind of arm we rarely see. So he says " you think he's a RF?". I said probably but he definitely has the athleticism to play CF all day with anyone. I told him after watching him play twice against the best teenagers in the country I was not sold on his bat. It's only 2 games but I just didn't see what everyone was talking about. I finished the conversation by saying Harper reminds be of Andy VanSlyke. A great athlete , potential for being a real good outfielder but not the best in the game. That was my "report" from a few yrs back. How far off am I? Not very. The biggest difference is Harper has power Van Slyke never had. Other than that they're pretty similar

Full disclosure : I did not scout amateur players , just pro ball. I no longer scout except for fun

Pretty clear why you're not scouting anymore.

lolz

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Van Slyke 2.0 would still be a very good career. However, Harper's 2015 and 2017 (as of 7/23) blow any of Van Slyke's top seasons out of the water.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those pics kind of speak for themselves.

Last year:
hi-res-8a913b5bc4c12ebc96d3e45b948b0467_crop_exact.jpg

Just showed up for 2014 camp looking like this:
1e94a259147cbf9876a8f8f5b675fcc2_crop_north.png

Naw. Can't be the juice. That's just diet and training..... Ignore that Barry Bonds bloated neck and head.

I know this post is old, but my god... You honestly must be a mental retard. Holy shit. His body has not changed, at all. He looks buffed up in that pic, but it's well within his frame. That's clearly taken in the off-season too, when players are doing the bulk of their weight training.

Losers like yourself, constantly looking for a reason to say a successful guy is on roids, are just fucking assholes. You have zero basis to say this.

Junior College

mlb_i_harper_400.jpg

This season

9561894-mlb-washington-nationals-at-pittsburgh-pirates-850x560.jpeg

It's the exact same body frame. This world would be so much better off if losers like you, just rid yourselves from the world.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll find out quickly on this board that it is EXTREMELY unpopular to even insinuate that {gasp} baseball players use PEDs. And make sure you NEVER even JOKE about the St. Louis Cardinals using them. They are a notch above any reproach. I truly believe some of these clowns are still in denial that Rafael was using. I shit you not, it's absolutely unreal how naive some of these guys are.

"Until someone fails a test, they're innocent."

Amazing. :L

You're a fucking idiot, and advancing a straw man argument.

No one has ever said that some players don't use PED's.

Making claims based on absolutely nothing, is what makes you a mental fucking retard. "Oh, he started playing good! Roids! It has to be!"

People just want a little evidence to back such a slanderous claim, that's all. It's not asking for much, when you're going after a player's entire reputation. You fucking piece of shit. Sitting back with your beer gut, in your fucking recliner. Watching a guy hit home runs, and dismissing him as a roid user.

Literally, people like you and the OP should all get trapped in a house fire together. Utter losers at life. Fuck you, and the loser parents who raised you. Seriously... enough of this trash.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, you kinda seem like you're wet for Harper.

I like your odds.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking idiot, and advancing a straw man argument.

No one has ever said that some players don't use PED's.

Making claims based on absolutely nothing, is what makes you a mental fucking retard. "Oh, he started playing good! Roids! It has to be!"

People just want a little evidence to back such a slanderous claim, that's all. It's not asking for much, when you're going after a player's entire reputation. You fucking piece of shit. Sitting back with your beer gut, in your fucking recliner. Watching a guy hit home runs, and dismissing him as a roid user.

Literally, people like you and the OP should all get trapped in a house fire together. Utter losers at life. Fuck you, and the loser parents who raised you. Seriously... enough of this trash.
Hammer was good at a few things as the owner of the site- his baseball takes were not of them.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolz
pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about. You're a typical fan of this day. What you saw in the last 15 min is all you can remember or know. Harper is FAR from being what many say he is or will be. Sure he's young and has plenty of time to do a lot more but right now he's in a group of hundreds historically.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolz
I'd be willing to guess you're one of those guys who yelled about Matt Harvey being an all time great. I was the one who claimed he was nothing and will amount to nothing when he was pitching his best ..... which was never all that great. He was good for 15 min and clowns like you think he's Cy Young. People like you can't wait to remind us all how little you know. Please con't doing so.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that 8th grader at 280 lbs is more of a poster boy for roids than Harper... But he is up there...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about. You're a typical fan of this day. What you saw in the last 15 min is all you can remember or know. Harper is FAR from being what many say he is or will be. Sure he's young and has plenty of time to do a lot more but right now he's in a group of hundreds historically.

Lol. Good to see you're still shitposting.

Reactions: TJL

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how to change this thread title from Bryce Harper to Aaron Judge to make it more relevant and accurate?