• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to sign the Panda/ It's time for Barry to get his ring

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well batting order with Melky and Pablo

CF Pagan
2B Panik
3B Sandoval
C Posey
RF Pence
1B Belt
LF Cabrera
SS Crawford
rotation- Bumgarner,Cain,Liriano,Masterson,Hudson-Why not sign Liriano and Masterson

That dont look too bad if April 2014 Belt shows up and Pagan stays healthy all year

Liriano and Masterson...maybe (better than Peavy?)

Melky: NOT HAPPENING

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather NOT have Panda than have him on a 5-year deal.

I guess I am the only one here with that opinion.

Oh well.

I for one agree with you. I think that Panda for a 5 year deal is one hell of a gamble. No matter what he has done in the post season this is not the same Panda from 2009 or 2011. I also think that his weight is a problem and will continue to be a problem. I'd venture to guess that he put on about 15 pounds as the year went on.

I also think he's a great player .... when he's focused and motivated. Just not sure how easy it is to keep him focused and motivated. I personally wouldn't have a problem with 3/60. I think he will be offered about 20M per year from a few sources. I don't think it's about money .... it's about the length of the contract.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in Liriano. He is a MAJOR injury concern. Also, he is coming off a big year, so you will be buying VERY high.

Next.

Which was the critique on him in the AJ deal -- fantastic stuff; can't stay healthy. Nothings changed except he's a lot older now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one agree with you. I think that Panda for a 5 year deal is one hell of a gamble. No matter what he has done in the post season this is not the same Panda from 2009 or 2011. I also think that his weight is a problem and will continue to be a problem. I'd venture to guess that he put on about 15 pounds as the year went on.

I also think he's a great player .... when he's focused and motivated. Just not sure how easy it is to keep him focused and motivated. I personally wouldn't have a problem with 3/60. I think he will be offered about 20M per year from a few sources. I don't think it's about money .... it's about the length of the contract.

We'll see what he gets offered. I think the Giants will cap it at what Pence got. If Boston wants to give him 6/120 you have to let him walk.

My gut says he'll be a giant. His gut says "I'm hungry."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem seems to be keeping him that way long term.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're being unrealistic to think that we can keep him for anything less than $100 million. I hope I'm wrong.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Schulman of the SF Chronicle is reporting that Pablo's agent is asking for 6 yr deal. His agent says Sandoval is young enough to ask for at least 6 yrs and also said Pablo has grown up and will watch his weight going forward. Sabean has asked Vogey and Peavy to hold off a while so the Giants can figure everything out.

Full story on front page of the Sporting Green in today's paper.

Looks like the ball is in Sabean's court right now. It might take 6 years and 110-120 mill to get him to come back. I hope they can get it done.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Schulman of the SF Chronicle is reporting that Pablo's agent is asking for 6 yr deal. His agent says Sandoval is young enough to ask for at least 6 yrs and also said Pablo has grown up and will watch his weight going forward. Sabean has asked Vogey and Peavy to hold off a while so the Giants can figure everything out.

Looks like the ball is in Sabean's court right now. It might take 6 years and 110-120 mill to get him to come back. I hope they can get it done.

You might be right, but I just don't think that's good for the ballclub.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Take off your blinders. We have been discussing this stuff on the this board (heck, IN THIS THREAD) for the past day. Please acknowledge you are not the only poster on this board.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right, but I just don't think that's good for the ballclub.

Yea, big big body-type position players tend not to age well in their 30s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Take off your blinders. We have been discussing this stuff on the this board (heck, IN THIS THREAD) for the past day. Please acknowledge you are not the only poster on this board.

Hey Cal...I was just pointing out a article that Schulman wrote today and I think official news that Pablo wants a 6yr deal is important.

I really don't understand why you continue to bust my ballz on this site. I am not the only poster here and I realize that but I am the only poster who went wire to wire with the boys and never stopped believing. Dude you need to chill a little and you do your thing and I will do mine.

:suds::clap:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Stokes that put up some stats that clearly showed that Panda has been declining over the past few years ... not horribly ... but still on a downslide. I think what most of us Giant fans see (at least I do) is a player that seems to rise to the occasion on the big stage. If you put him in the playoffs .... he shines ..... but it's the other 162 games that will cost us 6/120ish.

Let's put it another way ... hard to separate ... but interesting .... if we didn't make the playoff in this year ... and Panda never hit the big stage .... how willing would we be to go 6/120 ... not saying we wouldn't but think we would ponder a little harder about the choice ...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal...I was just pointing out a article that Schulman wrote today and I think official news that Pablo wants a 6yr deal is important.

I really don't understand why you continue to bust my ballz on this site. I am not the only poster here and I realize that but I am the only poster who went wire to wire with the boys and never stopped believing. Dude you need to chill a little and you do your thing and I will do mine.

1) We all bust each others' balls all day, every day.

2) As you know, I defend you and your style all the time (and will continue to do so).

3) You are missing my point. I have no prob with you posting news. But your posting news as if it is brand new is aggravating. The board has told you this in the past (not just me). This exact point has been discussed IN THIS VERY THREAD for approx. 24 hours already. Read a post other than your own from time to time and you may notice this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Stokes that put up some stats that clearly showed that Panda has been declining over the past few years ... not horribly ... but still on a downslide. I think what most of us Giant fans see (at least I do) is a player that seems to rise to the occasion on the big stage. If you put him in the playoffs .... he shines ..... but it's the other 162 games that will cost us 6/120ish.

Let's put it another way ... hard to separate ... but interesting .... if we didn't make the playoff in this year ... and Panda never hit the big stage .... how willing would we be to go 6/120 ... not saying we wouldn't but think we would ponder a little harder about the choice ...

Was Rent a good Giant?

He was a bum in the regular season for us, but was a post-season stud when he had the opportunity (and he had shown that in his career pre-Giants, so calling it a SSS may be true, but not completely telling).

I agree that we should NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT sign Panda to a 6-year deal. But he is certainly worth more than his regular-season numbers would dictate.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you Cal...we go way back , man. I feel real good right now in how it all shook out with the Giants winning it all. I don't mean to mess up the board in any way. I am a Giants fan. Good Luck , man ...these are good times.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Not gonna happen. Used to bother me but who really cares?