• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to sign the Panda/ It's time for Barry to get his ring

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching Amy G. and the Panda in a interview right after the Parade and Pablo has really grown up over the years. He understands so much more about the game and how to respect it. He loves the fans and the fans love him. I really believe that if the Giants commit the money and years to Pablo he will respect his body and continue to grow as a ballplayer and a man. It would be cool too if Pablo respected what the Giants and the city of San Francisco have done for him and not just take off on a money grab somewhere else.

I just hope both sides can be cool and come to a agreement to keep him a Giant. So proud of what the Panda has accomplished and want him to really make that jump to even more greatness ending up in the HOF in Cooperstown. I hope they can get a contract done...together.

Also it was good to see Barry Bonds in a great mood and Barry was cool in praising the Giants for what they have accomplished. Barry loves the City and the Giants. Willie Mays is his Godfather. His dad played here in SF and Barry pretty much had a lot to do with that new yard that was built in SF. Barry came back and worked with young players especially Morse and Crawford who Greg Papa noted during the Parade coverage on CSN were helped greatly by Bonds. Crawford really learned some good hitting tips from Bonds and had his best season ever. I hope the Giants give Barry the ring he deserves. Barry was the poster boy for steroids and was demonized in the press but now we all pretty much know the stuff that has come out showing most of the players at that time were on something when they played. I don't excuse Bonds from juicing ..he was already a HOF player before he juiced but it's time for Barry to get his ring.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching Amy G. and the Panda in a interview right after the Parade and Pablo has really grown up over the years. He understands so much more about the game and how to respect it. He loves the fans and the fans love him. I really believe that if the Giants commit the money and years to Pablo he will respect his body and continue to grow as a ballplayer and a man. It would be cool too if Pablo respected what the Giants and the city of San Francisco have done for him and not just take off on a money grab somewhere else.

I just hope both sides can be cool and come to a agreement to keep him a Giant. So proud of what the Panda has accomplished and want him to really make that jump to even more greatness ending up in the HOF in Cooperstown. I hope they can get a contract done...together.

Also it was good to see Barry Bonds in a great mood and Barry was cool in praising the Giants for what they have accomplished. Barry loves the City and the Giants. Willie Mays is his Godfather. His dad played here in SF and Barry pretty much had a lot to do with that new yard that was built in SF. Barry came back and worked with young players especially Morse and Crawford who Greg Papa noted during the Parade coverage on CSN were helped greatly by Bonds. Crawford really learned some good hitting tips from Bonds and had his best season ever. I hope the Giants give Barry the ring he deserves. Barry was the poster boy for steroids and was demonized in the press but now we all pretty much know the stuff that has come out showing most of the players at that time were on something when they played. I don't excuse Bonds from juicing ..he was already a HOF player before he juiced but it's time for Barry to get his ring.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:
Sandoval is such a frustrating player to watch that at times when I thought about his impending free agency, I thought "good riddance". As the decision time nears, the more I think about him leaving, the more I want him to stay. I just wish he could focus for an entire season and play like he does in the post season.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval's only trip to the HOF will be if he takes a trip there with his family.

I'd welcome him back, love what he has done for this franchise, but needs to prove he can be a great player for an entire season

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b97675e5d8f27218c7576661c04108d9246449f74d44607847d7d80fc5b3cf79.jpg

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I like simple solutions. And signing him would keep it simple. The city loves him, and vice versa. It would be a travesty not to re-sign him. There is no more identifiable marketing brand in all of baseball, maybe all of pro sports. But I would understand if they didn't - it's a lot of money for a long time.

Sign Panda. Sign Melky.

CF Pagan
LF Cabrera
C Posey
3B Panda
RF Pence
1B Belt
SS Crawford
2B Panik
P

I would be very comfortable with that.

Would he take 4/80?

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$ is not the issue. How many years do you want to give him?

I think his take has been when/if he balloons you can trade him to the AL to DH, even if you have to eat some of the salary (Adam Dunn style). There's some merit to that idea.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like simple solutions. And signing him would keep it simple. The city loves him, and vice versa. It would be a travesty not to re-sign him. There is no more identifiable marketing brand in all of baseball, maybe all of pro sports. But I would understand if they didn't - it's a lot of money for a long time.

Sign Panda. Sign Melky.

CF Pagan
LF Cabrera
C Posey
3B Panda
RF Pence
1B Belt
SS Crawford
2B Panik
P

Panda signing might happen. Melky signing has zero chance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his take has been when/if he balloons you can trade him to the AL to DH, even if you have to eat some of the salary (Adam Dunn style). There's some merit to that idea.

I understand that, in a vacuum.

My point (nothing new, I have said this before) is that a 5+ year deal will ruin him. He will be CRAP for at least 1 year, and then he MAY improve, if he is able.

No thanks on the 5-year deal.

I am OK with 4/80.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign Panda. Sign Melky.

CF Pagan
LF Cabrera
C Posey
3B Panda
RF Pence
1B Belt
SS Crawford
2B Panik
P

Would he take 4/80?

I agree with MSG that Melky aint coming back. But for arguments sake...

No way does he displace Panik in the 2-hole. I can see him hitting either 3 , 5 or 6.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point (nothing new, I have said this before) is that a 5+ year deal will ruin him. He will be CRAP for at least 1 year, and then he MAY improve, if he is able.

I am OK with 4/80.

This is certainly possible but I don't think it's a lock. As I've said he's older and hopefully wiser now, players mature, figure things out. I would hope that the brass sizes that exact issue up before making their decision.

Also, didn't Shin Soo Choo get like 7 years $120 mil+ at age 30? For a corner OF not even a 3B? If that's on the table from Boston there's a Panda-shaped hole in the door because he gone.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's kinda unfair the way Pablo is being judged. How in the world do we know how bad he'll be in 5 years? He's still only 28 right now, and he is still playing for another big payday into his 30s. He obviously loves the game, so I doubt he would be so quick to throw it away and will try to play as long as he can.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am OK with 4/80.

I'd do that for the 2009 or 2011 Sandoval but not for the guy we've seen since then.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well batting order with Melky and Pablo

CF Pagan
2B Panik
3B Sandoval
C Posey
RF Pence
1B Belt
LF Cabrera
SS Crawford
rotation- Bumgarner,Cain,Liriano,Masterson,Hudson-Why not sign Liriano and Masterson

That dont look too bad if April 2014 Belt shows up and Pagan stays healthy all year

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well batting order with Melky and Pablo

CF Pagan
2B Panik
3B Sandoval
C Posey
RF Pence
1B Belt
LF Cabrera
SS Crawford
rotation- Bumgarner,Cain,Liriano,Masterson,Hudson-Why not sign Liriano and Masterson

That dont look too bad if April 2014 Belt shows up and Pagan stays healthy all year

Not interested in Liriano. He is a MAJOR injury concern. Also, he is coming off a big year, so you will be buying VERY high.

Next.