• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be showing improvement now. They haven't and it has me scratching my head. They went out and signed a couple FA olinemen and you'd think that they'd be running the football, not having a rookie QB throwing it 30+ times a game...you'd think they'd have turned some of those draft picks into productive players...and some of them might be...but it hasn't translated to wins of any kind... That culture needs changing and it needs that change now

They're still the youngest team in the NFL. It takes time.

They do try to run the ball, but what do you think every team in the league thinks they're going to do with a rookie QB. Doesn't help that their #1 WR hasn't been on the field all year either.

Their defense is much improved from a year ago. Offense still struggles and it's been that really bad offense (particularly turnovers) that has doomed them so far this season. They could have a couple wins this year if it weren't for terrible turnovers and special teams miscues (I believe their kicker missed 2-3 field goals vs the jets, something like that).

They've been competitive in most games this season, which is a large improvement from last year. Just gotta keep grinding and improving. Hitting the panic button early is exactly what got the franchise into its current state.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it is just Hue trying to make the narrative the FO is undermining him.

From what I heard, Browns were already out of the trade because Jimmy wouldn't have signed with the Browns and his agent made that clear to the Browns.

Not sure many people would want to go to Cleveland to play for the Browns so I don't see that this probably didn't happen.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still the youngest team in the NFL. It takes time.

They do try to run the ball, but what do you think every team in the league thinks they're going to do with a rookie QB. Doesn't help that their #1 WR hasn't been on the field all year either.

Their defense is much improved from a year ago. Offense still struggles and it's been that really bad offense (particularly turnovers) that has doomed them so far this season. They could have a couple wins this year if it weren't for terrible turnovers and special teams miscues (I believe their kicker missed 2-3 field goals vs the jets, something like that).

They've been competitive in most games this season, which is a large improvement from last year. Just gotta keep grinding and improving. Hitting the panic button early is exactly what got the franchise into its current state.

So does a century, but not many people live through the whole thing....:D
I can't help it, sarcasm just seems run around with me all the time....
But seriously, they do need to build a F.O with some people with proven knowledge to build a team with a winning formula....I don't know where the flaw is in it but I have zero confidence in Hue to lead them as HC....
He failed in Oakland and he is failing there also....
Good Coordinator, bad HC and I don't believe he will turn it around for them...Competitive ?, these are all pros at the highest level, everybody is competitive until they run up against the better teams...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns need to change their name, color scheme, logo etc.

Fresh start.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Browns are special. They really are. They tried to trade with the Bengals for A.J. McCarron, but couldn't get the deal done. Why? It wasn't because of compensation; the teams agreed to terms. It was because the Browns didn't call the league office in time about it. The Bengals did - five minutes prior to the deadline - while the Browns were too late to make the call. As a result, the deal became invalidated.

What the hell were the Browns doing prior to 4 p.m. that they couldn't call in the league office? Did they not pay their phone bill? Was someone on the other line? It's amazing that they can be so incompetent. It's one thing to win only one game in the past year-and-a-half. It's another to fail to call the NFL about a trade they wanted to make! If owner Jimmy Haslam weren't so busy committing fraud right now, he would fire his entire front office at this very moment.

The thing is, the Browns deserve a 0/10 Disaster Grade for this - because their sheer incompetence saved them from making a stupid trade! McCarron is not a viable starting quarterback, so acquiring him would have been stupid. Congrats, Cleveland, your own stupidity bailed you out of a horrible trade!

Read more: NFL Retirement and Injury Ratings: WalterFootball.com

Read more at NFL Retirement and Injury Ratings: WalterFootball.com

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does a century, but not many people live through the whole thing....:D
I can't help it, sarcasm just seems run around with me all the time....
But seriously, they do need to build a F.O with some people with proven knowledge to build a team with a winning formula....I don't know where the flaw is in it but I have zero confidence in Hue to lead them as HC....
He failed in Oakland and he is failing there also....
Good Coordinator, bad HC and I don't believe he will turn it around for them...Competitive ?, these are all pros at the highest level, everybody is competitive until they run up against the better teams...

He didn't fail in Oakland at all. He went 8-8.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You snooze you lose.

I don't think Bill would trade JG there anyway, the Browns did fire his ass back in the day. Likely remembers that...
He gave them Jamie Collins.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things I was wondering about once the Jimmy G news broke. Seems shocking to me the Broncos and Browns didn’t muddy the pot on this guy as far as we know.
I don't think BB wants to help Denver. He would've fleeced them before he allowed JG to go there.