• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo. Front office left work at 5pm, the night before the trade deadline.

I got several emails last night that the coaching staff for Browns is HIGHLY upset at the front office. Coaches were in the building working, and the front office went home at 5 PM. While coaches continued to work the night before the trade deadline, Sashi Brown was unaware of the Jimmy G trade and was actually informed of it by an irate coaching staff who had lobbied to acquire him, over an hour after it happened.

Coaching staff feels that the front office is undercutting them by not acquiring the talent they need to win, and not putting in matching effort to do so. Like anything, there's three sides to the story (his, hers and the truth) but this was relayed to me last night.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone truly shocked by this? I mean they are the Browns... They aren't known to be very bright

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You snooze you lose.

I don't think Bill would trade JG there anyway, the Browns did fire his ass back in the day. Likely remembers that...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone truly shocked by this? I mean they are the Browns... They aren't known to be very bright

You snooze you lose.

I don't think Bill would trade JG there anyway, the Browns did fire his ass back in the day. Likely remembers that...

I actually think it is just Hue trying to make the narrative the FO is undermining him.

From what I heard, Browns were already out of the trade because Jimmy wouldn't have signed with the Browns and his agent made that clear to the Browns.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns apparently think their odds of hitting on a QB are higher than trading a second round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo. And who can disagree based on their track record?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns apparently think their odds of hitting on a QB are higher than trading a second round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo. And who can disagree based on their track record?

If they can't get him to sign a multi-year deal, they would just be throwing away that draft pick for possible results this year. Would hurt instead of help them rebuild.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things I was wondering about once the Jimmy G news broke. Seems shocking to me the Broncos and Browns didn’t muddy the pot on this guy as far as we know.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo. Front office left work at 5pm, the night before the trade deadline.

I got several emails last night that the coaching staff for Browns is HIGHLY upset at the front office. Coaches were in the building working, and the front office went home at 5 PM. While coaches continued to work the night before the trade deadline, Sashi Brown was unaware of the Jimmy G trade and was actually informed of it by an irate coaching staff who had lobbied to acquire him, over an hour after it happened.

Coaching staff feels that the front office is undercutting them by not acquiring the talent they need to win, and not putting in matching effort to do so. Like anything, there's three sides to the story (his, hers and the truth) but this was relayed to me last night.
The Browns coaches are emailing you?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things I was wondering about once the Jimmy G news broke. Seems shocking to me the Broncos and Browns didn’t muddy the pot on this guy as far as we know.

Broncos are interesting. They must be sold on their current guy, though Siemian hasn't really impressed me much.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns are as bright as a burnt out lightbulb.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You snooze you lose.

No the Browns didn't fire him. He went to Baltimore w/ Modell & then he got fired.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't get him to sign a multi-year deal, they would just be throwing away that draft pick for possible results this year. Would hurt instead of help them rebuild.

I think thats the key......Signing on in San Fran is gonna be a lot easier than Cleveland

No offense and all

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You snooze you lose.

Actually Pats and Browns seem to have a good relationship...I think the Browns took at least one player off BB's hands for him...Collins maybe...not sure of the LB.

There were talks some time ago about Jimmy G going to CLE, but I think CLE felt the price was too high, and talks died off, idk. Maybe they lowered their demands for SF...(doubtful). A likely very high 2nd rd pick for all of 3 or 4 games of tape is a pretty good haul.

I think the USC kid staying in school has the bottom feeders scampering for a trigger man early.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why coach and GM are still in Cleveland.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why coach and GM are still in Cleveland.

3 Hires i never understood

Hue Jackson
Anthony Lynn
Vance Joseph

Based on their prior work as coordinators, never could grasp why they earned those gigs

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought it was strange there wasn't a bidding war between SF and Cleveland for Jimmy G as I would've thought the Pats would've gotten at least a 2nd and change from him in that scenario.

But if BB was truly high on Jimmy G he might've been reluctant to trade him within the AFC and have potential problems in the future whereas in the NFC all you would really need to worry about is the Super Bowl for the most part.