• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You snooze you lose.

I don't think Bill would trade JG there anyway, the Browns did fire his ass back in the day. Likely remembers that...

Unfortunately I have to point out that is factually incorrect.

He was fired by Model, who is dead, owner of the Ravens. The Browneyes that are in Cleveland now are a completely different team and ownership.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns should now fire their GM, put a real football guy in that spot so he can put a real staff in place. Real NFL scouts with an actual football plan and football knowledge, then let them use the draft picks and players they have to install an actual football culture...the process should be over, now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was strange there wasn't a bidding war between SF and Cleveland for Jimmy G as I would've thought the Pats would've gotten at least a 2nd and change from him in that scenario.

But if BB was truly high on Jimmy G he might've been reluctant to trade him within the AFC and have potential problems in the future whereas in the NFC all you would really need to worry about is the Super Bowl for the most part.
The Pats had no real bargaining room the cap hit next year was to great to be to picky.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns should now fire their GM, put a real football guy in that spot so he can put a real staff in place. Real NFL scouts with an actual football plan and football knowledge, then let them use the draft picks and players they have to install an actual football culture...the process should be over, now.

One problem.
Does anybody that knows football actually want to go to Cleveland?
GM, HC or QB ?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem.
GM, HC or QB ?

I think GM's and HC's will jump at any opportunity to be employed, and there has to be some appeal to go to Cleveland be the guy that turns it around

Players are a different story, and there had to be some concern as to whether they could sign JG if they gave up a high pick

San Fran is an awesome place to live, and they seem to have a GM and HC in place that have things heading in the right direction

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem.
GM, HC or QB ?

As a GM, of course. It's basically starting from scratch and then you get to work on installing a plan, sell that to a coach that wants to work the plan, then go from there.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Dorsey is probably chomping at the bit for the phone to ring...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GM's and HC's will jump at any opportunity to be employed, and there has to be some appeal to go to Cleveland be the guy that turns it around

Players are a different story, and there had to be some concern as to whether they could sign JG if they gave up a high pick

San Fran is an awesome place to live, and they seem to have a GM and HC in place that have things heading in the right direction

Risk/Reward.
Succeed in Cleveland = Superhero Genius.
Fail to put out the dumpster fire = Scarred for life, rescue is improbable.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coaches irate at Sashi and front office for lack of due diligence on Garoppolo. Front office left work at 5pm, the night before the trade deadline.

I got several emails last night that the coaching staff for Browns is HIGHLY upset at the front office. Coaches were in the building working, and the front office went home at 5 PM. While coaches continued to work the night before the trade deadline, Sashi Brown was unaware of the Jimmy G trade and was actually informed of it by an irate coaching staff who had lobbied to acquire him, over an hour after it happened.

Coaching staff feels that the front office is undercutting them by not acquiring the talent they need to win, and not putting in matching effort to do so. Like anything, there's three sides to the story (his, hers and the truth) but this was relayed to me last night.

ya think?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Pats and Browns seem to have a good relationship...I think the Browns took at least one player off BB's hands for him...Collins maybe...not sure of the LB.

There were talks some time ago about Jimmy G going to CLE, but I think CLE felt the price was too high, and talks died off, idk. Maybe they lowered their demands for SF...(doubtful). A likely very high 2nd rd pick for all of 3 or 4 games of tape is a pretty good haul.

I think the USC kid staying in school has the bottom feeders scampering for a trigger man early.

Dumping soiled goods for next to nothing...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I have to point out that is factually incorrect.

He was fired by Model, who is dead, owner of the Ravens. The Browneyes that are in Cleveland now are a completely different team and ownership.

They weren't there yet.

And I know all that.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Yeah I'd be pretty frustrated too

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why coach and GM are still in Cleveland.

Because that is exactly why the Brownies are in this situation, they shit can everyone every two to three years!

Do I think Hue is the answer at coaching? IDK jury is still out, I do like the way he calls people out, this kids make millions so yeah live up to your paycheck! Not once have I read any where that Kiser get's his feelings hurt everytime he throws a pick and gets benched.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure who you think the Browns have in place currently... :scratch:

They have scouts still, and a pretty solid coaching staff that is plenty football savvy. I'm not sure why people are expecting a magical turnaround from a franchise that was abysmal PRIOR to unloading all they could in order to restock with draft picks. This is a multi year plan they're on, and a solid one.

The only major hindrance to the plan is if they fail to show improvement in the second half of this year and year 3. At some point they need to win games in order to both attract FA talent and to keep the young guys they've been drafting. Players aren't going to buy into the system if there's no success to show off.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't there yet.

And I know all that.

1/2 right. The Browns tanked in '95, and that was in large part because the move was imminent.

They went 11-5 the year before and hopes for the team were high. Started off well at 4-1, but rumors kept creeping in about the move. They lost 3 in a row to fall to 4-4, then went on to lose 7 of their last 8 as the move became a complete distraction for the team.

In the 30-30 about that season, Belichick specifically mentions how much he learned from that year about how off the field issues can ruin a season.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,303.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a shocker here. after all....... they are the browns

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who you think the Browns have in place currently... :scratch:

They have scouts still, and a pretty solid coaching staff that is plenty football savvy. I'm not sure why people are expecting a magical turnaround from a franchise that was abysmal PRIOR to unloading all they could in order to restock with draft picks. This is a multi year plan they're on, and a solid one.

The only major hindrance to the plan is if they fail to show improvement in the second half of this year and year 3. At some point they need to win games in order to both attract FA talent and to keep the young guys they've been drafting. Players aren't going to buy into the system if there's no success to show off.

They should be showing improvement now. They haven't and it has me scratching my head. They went out and signed a couple FA olinemen and you'd think that they'd be running the football, not having a rookie QB throwing it 30+ times a game...you'd think they'd have turned some of those draft picks into productive players...and some of them might be...but it hasn't translated to wins of any kind... That culture needs changing and it needs that change now