• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos vs Chargers report

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I didn`t get to see game, how would those who were able to watch whole game evaluate these categories using 1-10 as scale. Encouraged to elaborate on your scoring :)

Qb -
Rbs`s -
Wrs -
O-line -
Intensity -

Defense Front 7 -
Secondary -

( Special teams )

Punting-
Field position-
Return game-

( Coaching )

Play calling -

Cheerleaders- :)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qb - 5 - pretty average game. Made some nice throws, had some picks dropped. Typical of what we've seen from Siemian this year
Rbs`s - 5 - again, pretty average. Not a lot of holes to run through, and a very costly fumble by Booker.
Wrs - 8 - the only part of the offense that I would say played well. They made some really tough catches. Only negative is that Norwood had a pass go off his hands that got picked
O-line - 2 - Terrible. Didn't open holes in the running game. Couldn't pass block. More costly penalties (including another holding that was nearly a safety).
Intensity - 7 - Intensity seemed fine, especially from the receivers. The offense was just very sloppy overall

Defense Front 7 - 7- Pass rush was dominant, and they batted down numerous passes. Run defense was bad, though
Secondary - 9 - they were great. 3 picks, and other than a blown coverage early every pass was heavily contested. They played very well, especially for missing Talib.

( Special teams )

Punting- 8 - Dixon was pretty average, but then boomed a 68 yard punt from the back of the end zone at the end of the game. It was well covered, too.
Field position- 4 - Chargers had better field position for most of the game, really excluding the third quarter.
Return game- - n/a - it was pretty much non existent

( Coaching )

Play calling - 7 - mix of good and bad. I thought the linebackers coach who filled in for Wade did a very nice job. Kubiak sometimes makes me scratch my head, but overall I thought he called a good game

Cheerleaders- :) - 10 - They were in costume, and one was a T-rex. It was awesome.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qb -Maybe a 4. He had something like 5-6 passes that were off the mark that should have been picked. The crazy coincidence is that the actual interception he threw wasn't his fault.
Rbs`s -5. Agree with Broncos6482 on this one. Not their best game by any means with a couple of fumbles. What I will say about this unit is they did a good job of finding the holes on the short yardage situations. So while the yards per carry wasn't great they picked up some tough yards.
Wrs -7. Essentially the rest of the group is a 10 with some incredible catches in this one but Norwood dropped them to a 7 all by himself. Terrible game for him in so many areas.
O-line -3. The only reason I am giving them a 3 is some of the work along the goal line. The Broncos actually looked competent as long as they could get to the goal line. Otherwise they were terrible in pass and run blocking
Intensity -9. I thought both sides of the ball looked like they wanted this game. Some costly turnovers are about the only reason the Chargers were even close in this one. I don't blame that on intensity just some untimely mistakes.

Defense Front 7 -8. The run defense gave up a couple of long runs but otherwise kept Gordon pretty well contained. Also have to give a shout out to Corey Nelson as I thought he played a pretty good game considering he had a pretty tough match up and Todd Davis played maybe his best game as a Bronco. Also DeMarcus Ware is a difference maker on the field. He had about 5 almost sacks in this one where he pretty much got a hand on Rivers just couldn't quite get the job done.
Secondary -Missing our top Corner and yet this group was just dominant. They are special. Lorenzo Doss looked like the guy we heard so much about in training camp. He had a few huge plays in this one and the team showed they really trusted him quite a bit to go one-on-one. Bradley Roby was dominant. He was targeted 9 times and only allowed 2 catches and then of course the pick-6. He was also great in the run game as I saw him a few times come flying up to take the RB down.

( Special teams )

Punting-9 Was probably a 6 for me until his final punt. That was a huge moment for the team when we absolutely needed a big play from Dixon.
Field position-5 Not great for us but definitely hard to win this battle when the offense was non-existent for most of the 1st half.
Return game-2 Like I said Norwood had a terrible day. He had a bad fumble that thankfully we recovered but man it could have gone bad

( Coaching )

Play calling -6 Pretty good. Defensively only giving up 13 points, getting 3 interceptions, and being without our main playcaller I was impressed with what we saw. Offensively it was ok. Still not a fan of the fact that when we have like a 3rd and 7 type play we have our WR's run like 5 yard routes to then get stopped short of the 1st down. And I have no clue what we were doing at the end of the half again. 2nd game in a row I have to really question our end of the half work. Last week we went too conservative and this week way too aggressive. Almost like Kubiak was trying to make up for last week's decision but all he did was compound it all the more. Thankfully it didn't cost us anything but that had a chance to really blow up in our face once again.

Cheerleaders- :)N/A--I didn't get the game yesterday so watched it today on the NFL Game Rewind where I did the condensed version so didn't see the cheerleaders.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great feedback guys. Gave me a better feel of how things went down. Couple things that bothered me ( not seeing game ) was touches for Jano and Bibbs, Booker avg per carry, kicks inside 20 by punter, O-line of course, Trevor/play calls on 3rd down throws that are well short of sticks and no pics of Cheerleaders ;: Was a tough team Denver played and don't think that SD defense has got the respect they deserve with injuries,etc. Thanks for the insight Gentlemen..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Return game-2 Like I said Norwood had a terrible day. He had a bad fumble that thankfully we recovered but man it could have gone bad

He had an play called back that was decent ...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great feedback guys. Gave me a better feel of how things went down. Couple things that bothered me ( not seeing game ) was touches for Jano and Bibbs, Booker avg per carry, kicks inside 20 by punter, O-line of course, Trevor/play calls on 3rd down throws that are well short of sticks and no pics of Cheerleaders ;: Was a tough team Denver played and don't think that SD defense has got the respect they deserve with injuries,etc. Thanks for the insight Gentlemen..

There is people down talking Taylor he also had a huge play ...try utube you probably can watch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had an play called back that was decent ...

He had a decent return but nothing that has me jumping out of my seat in excitement. I would say the fumble far outweighed the good his return could have been if it wasn't for the penalty. Norwood just had a terrible day all around. Doesn't mean he can't bounce back and I fully expect that he will but a bad day is a bad day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't blame the lack of punts inside the 20 on the punter here though. He was punting from bad field position most of the game. Not saying he was perfect but he was definitely not the problem when it came to trying to pin the Chargers back.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time he saw the field, Bibbs straight up dropped a pitch. That's probably why he didn't get many more chances after that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time he saw the field, Bibbs straight up dropped a pitch. That's probably why he didn't get many more chances after that.

Yeah not good when you fumble your first carry of the game. The Broncos have shown in the past that they give lots of 2nd chances to players so hopefully we see Bibbs respond with a good game.

Another thing to point out is that Kubiak did not hold back in his critique of Siemian and the game he had. The one thing that gives me hope is that Siemian has usually responded after a bad game with a pretty good game. I remember in training camp that when he had a bad practice usually we heard that the next one he was spectacular. So I'm sure he has gotten the wake up call and is ready to respond.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is people down talking Taylor he also had a huge play ...try utube you probably can watch

What I find frustrating is these 3rd , 4th , 5th WR may make one play but rarely make more than one play per game. We need a slot WR that can make more than one play a game .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find frustrating is these 3rd , 4th , 5th WR may make one play but rarely make more than one play per game. We need a slot WR that can make more than one play a game .

Agreed. We either need a TE that can do work over the middle or a slot guy that can get open in a hurry and make a play. We are missing that element especially on 3rd down with this offense as teams just head to the sideline to double DT and Sanders. We need that threat over the middle to make this offense really become a force to be reckoned with. I like our Latimer, Fowler, and the others but they just don't show up enough like you need them to.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is at best 5th ..He is developmental .. I am fine were he is .

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dead on!! Been saying this since week one. After Thomas, Sanders, Green at tight end I think the rest of the wr's and te's are garbage. It can't get any worse can it? Peace.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead on!! Been saying this since week one. After Thomas, Sanders, Green at tight end I think the rest of the wr's and te's are garbage. It can't get any worse can it? Peace.

Yep is can't get any worse ...lol...SB 50 sucked ... I seem to remember some other WR's that contributed to us getting there and us winning that game ..

Why is it people have such short memories ?