• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: Peyton Manning to start next week

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising in the least. If you have a Hall of Fame QB who is reasonably healthy, you start him in the playoffs. No real question.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me personally, if you wanted to hire Kubiak, you had to cut Manning. Just not a situation I'd want to deal with whatsoever if I were Elway. Crazy they still have the #1 seed with a QB yo-yo going on.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a strip of bacon hanging off his right shoulder. Played like half the season and missed the INT lead by 1.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me personally, if you wanted to hire Kubiak, you had to cut Manning. Just not a situation I'd want to deal with whatsoever if I were Elway. Crazy they still have the #1 seed with a QB yo-yo going on.

considering Peyton wanted to play in Houston but Kubiak didn't want him

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as a Bronco fan I understand the decision but I don't like the decision. So many people got excited about him coming in for a half and the team responding by putting up 20 points in that 2nd half. To me Manning didn't do a whole lot. He went 5-9 for 69 yards if I remember right. All of his completions happened within 15 yards. All of his deep shots he threw probably 5 yards too far just like he was doing earlier in the year. I am one that I can't look past the first 9 games and think that Manning has all of a sudden found the fountain of youth.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And two critical ints later the Brocket Launcher will be put back in.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Kubiak felt the need to announce it so early.

He should have kept it quiet (despite it seemingly being Peyton) just to play a little gamesmanship to his potential opponents preparations.

Kubiak is such a horrible coach.

You feel the Broncos are winning and doing it despite his meddling with the offense.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This happened years ago too. The Bills and Wade Phillips favorite QB was Brad Johnson, but he got hurt and they went to Doug Flutie. He played most of the season and got the Bills into the playoffs but by then Johnson was healthy and Phillips was too stubborn to let Flutie continue to play. So he started BJ in the first playoff game and they quickly fell behind by about 3 scores. Finally WP pulled Johnson and Flutie came in to nearly win that game. I believe if Flutie played the whole game Buffalo would have won. Now the Bronco's are in an almost identical situation. Kubiak better hope his decision is the correct one or history will judge him poorly on it forever.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising in the least. If you have a Hall of Fame QB who is reasonably healthy, you start him in the playoffs. No real question.

Except Manning now is not Hall of Fame QB.

That's a strip of bacon hanging off his right shoulder. Played like half the season and missed the INT lead by 1.

Agreed

And two critical ints later the Brocket Launcher will be put back in.

Just hope it is not too late. Osweiler has started against 3 of the 5 possible playoff contenders beat 2 did well against the third. He keeps the running game happy, which will be needed.

I think this is a case of people wanting the legend and not the man.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope it is not too late. Osweiler has started against 3 of the 5 possible playoff contenders beat 2 did well against the third. He keeps the running game happy, which will be needed.

Wasn't Osweiler benched against the Chargers for sucking?

Regardless of who should start, the reality is that no one will criticize the coach for starting Manning even if he sucks. OTOH, if they start Osweiler and he sucks the coach gets all the blame. Thus for the coach it is a no brainer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as a Bronco fan I understand the decision but I don't like the decision. So many people got excited about him coming in for a half and the team responding by putting up 20 points in that 2nd half. To me Manning didn't do a whole lot. He went 5-9 for 69 yards if I remember right. All of his completions happened within 15 yards. All of his deep shots he threw probably 5 yards too far just like he was doing earlier in the year. I am one that I can't look past the first 9 games and think that Manning has all of a sudden found the fountain of youth.

To be fair I don't Brock exactly set the world on fire in his starts. He had a few good halves (1st half vs PITT & 2nd half vs NE & Cincy) but don't think her performed that well

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I don't Brock exactly set the world on fire in his starts. He had a few good halves (1st half vs PITT & 2nd half vs NE & Cincy) but don't think her performed that well

I agree it wasn't like he lit the world on fire. But Manning for 9 games this year was the WORST QB in the entire league. He right now is tied for the most interceptions in the NFL with missing 7 count that 7 games! To me I don't just forget that there was not only a 9 game view but really this is what he looked like even going back to last season. So why in the world would I feel comfortable then allowing him to start the biggest game of the year so far?

Now with Brock I at least know for the most part he is going to protect the football and with him the team does a much better job of running the football. Through the first 9 games of the season with manning the team was 31st in yards rushing per game. In the final 7 games of the year they were 6th. So while the team didn't put up that many more points they ran the ball decently well and didn't turn the ball over which is exactly what you want when you have the top defense in the NFL. I just think Brock compliments what this team wants to do more so than Manning.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why Kubiak felt the need to announce it so early.

He should have kept it quiet (despite it seemingly being Peyton) just to play a little gamesmanship to his potential opponents preparations.

Kubiak is such a horrible coach.

You feel the Broncos are winning and doing it despite his meddling with the offense.

I think any team we play knows they still will have to prepare for either QB as now with Manning starting he will have a short leash. Say he throws 2 picks in the 1st quarter well good chance the team trots out Osweiler pretty quickly. So I don't think announcing it now really helps or hurts the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Osweiler benched against the Chargers for sucking?

Regardless of who should start, the reality is that no one will criticize the coach for starting Manning even if he sucks. OTOH, if they start Osweiler and he sucks the coach gets all the blame. Thus for the coach it is a no brainer.

Osweiler was benched because the offense was sucking not so much Osweiler himself. If you actually watch the game Osweiler played actually pretty decent. His first drive the team scored a touchdown. 2nd drive he threw a great pass and Sanders was streaking down the sideline looking like he might score to then fumble at the 10 yard line. So the game should have been 14-3 and instead the turnover negated that opportunity. Next drive on a 3rd and 1 Osweiler throws a perfect pass to a wide open receiver that hits him right on the hands and bounces off for an interception. I mean these are things Osweiler can't really control yet they were happening.

To me it was like watching a baseball game where the starting pitcher is actually throwing great strikes yet his infield is committing error after error on ground balls. Well you don't usually have enough decent players on the bench to pull everybody else around the pitcher so you end up pulling the pitcher hoping maybe the change shakes the rest of the team up and they make some plays.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a testament to the defense Elway built.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it was like watching a baseball game where the starting pitcher is actually throwing great strikes yet his infield is committing error after error on ground balls. Well you don't usually have enough decent players on the bench to pull everybody else around the pitcher so you end up pulling the pitcher hoping maybe the change shakes the rest of the team up and they make some plays.

I have no dog in this hunt.

I don't think the pitcher versus QB is an apt comparison though. You play the hot pitcher because it is about his physical ability. QB play is far more complicated.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Elway wanted any part of release PM last year and probably asked Kubiak to give it a go for this year.

Healthy and fit to play are two different things...many of the Bronco Hoopsters that I have chatted with probably won't like this move back to Manning.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened years ago too. The Bills and Wade Phillips favorite QB was Brad Johnson, but he got hurt and they went to Doug Flutie. He played most of the season and got the Bills into the playoffs but by then Johnson was healthy and Phillips was too stubborn to let Flutie continue to play. So he started BJ in the first playoff game and they quickly fell behind by about 3 scores. Finally WP pulled Johnson and Flutie came in to nearly win that game. I believe if Flutie played the whole game Buffalo would have won. Now the Bronco's are in an almost identical situation. Kubiak better hope his decision is the correct one or history will judge him poorly on it forever.

Was this a post about the Bills being in the playoffs?! I know it's FAR in the past...but kudos to you, sir. It's all we got back in Buffalo...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no dog in this hunt.

I don't think the pitcher versus QB is an apt comparison though. You play the hot pitcher because it is about his physical ability. QB play is far more complicated.

I was just giving a comparison of what was happening. There are lots of times in baseball that the best pitcher doesn't always win the game not because of what they do but because of the team around them letting them down. A pitcher can only cover up so much of the weakness around them. For Brock don't get me wrong he made some mistakes. His biggest being not seeing what the defense was doing and see that there was an unblocked Corner coming off the edge and causing him to fumble. I put that turnover on him. Beyond that though there were lots of things his teammates did that lead to the switch. Heck the coaches and players both said Osweiler was not benched for performance reasons. He was benched because the coaches felt the game was slipping away and the fans and players both needed something or someone they could rally around and of course having a possible HOF QB in your back pocket is a nice card to play.