• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking news : Marlins Jose Fernandez killed Saturday night

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you had killed yourself at this time when you admittedly "shouldn't have (been driving)," you would not find it appropriate/nor want anyone to say "Oh, what a wonderful person we lost!"

He didn't just kill himself, and all I said was that the media should dial back their love fest, and they are.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't just kill himself, and all I said was that the media should dial back their love fest, and they are.
How do we know he killed anyone? How do we know how much coke exactly was in his system? What if the guy driving the boat had three times the amount in his system? I don't see a reason to vilify the guy, as unpopular an opinion as that may be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know he killed anyone? How do we know how much coke exactly was in his system? What if the guy driving the boat had three times the amount in his system? I don't see a reason to vilify the guy, as unpopular an opinion as that may be.

He didn't

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not vilifying him, meatball.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics

Semantics. That's funny.

I assume you mean my use of the word meatball? Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time finding anything that I wrote that a reasonable person would say fits the definition of vilify.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my previous post, I certainly wasn't defending the guys actions or any of the others on the boat. And I am most definitely some liberal do-gooder. I'm about as conservative as it comes and have little tolerance for drinking and driving. It's stupid and inconsiderate and a recipe for this type of disaster.
I merely wanted to remind people that this sort of thing can and does happen to many people on a daily basis. Maybe we should think of this in another way. What if it was one of your kids that did this and people were calling him trash and whatever other nasty things they can think of? And I simply stated that I felt sad for these young peoples families. Nobody should have to bury their child, especially when it's something as senseless as this.
I just don't think any of us are perfect or completely innocent of some type of bad and even possibly illegal behavior. Remember your vitriole towards this kid when some shit goes down for you or your family and be prepared for some real nasty shit. It's karma folks and it's a bitch.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all going to die soon anyway. Someone will murder us whoever we elect.

pretty much

We're fucked at this time next week.

Oh well. It's been a good run

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think it's fair that all the fans who eulogized him so positively understand that he was all fucked up when he killed himself and two others (I'm assuming he was driving the boat).

How would the story have been different if he'd gotten into a car instead of a boat and slammed into a minivan with a family?

I'm not saying he's the worst person ever - certainly, I've driven when I probably shouldn't have - but I don't think it's right that the narrative is "oh, what a wonderful person we all lost."

He would have killed innocent people, that would be the difference. Everyone on that boat was probably fucked up to an insane degree. They knew the risks of what they were doing and they accepted the consequences. Slamming into a minivan full of people would be way worse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yasiel and Me: A story of Friendship and Respect"

By Madison Bumgarner

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all of the judgement in this thread based off mistakes Fernandez made. Imagine if everyone judged you based off of your mistakes. You'd look like a pretty shitty person.

Just respect the dead. Everyone knows the circumstances as to which he died. You don't need to highlight them for us. We just wish he would've gotten help before hand. I'm sure his team mates and everyone who cared about him feel the same way too.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all of the judgement in this thread based off mistakes Fernandez made. Imagine if everyone judged you based off of your mistakes. You'd look like a pretty shitty person.

Just respect the dead. Everyone knows the circumstances as to which he died. You don't need to highlight them for us. We just wish he would've gotten help before hand. I'm sure his team mates and everyone who cared about him feel the same way too.

Fuck off.