• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking news : Marlins Jose Fernandez killed Saturday night

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to get uglier.

Fernandez was operator of boat in fatal crash

Fernandez's blood alcohol level was .147 and there was "noted presence of cocaine," according to the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's toxicology report.

The speed of the 32-foot vessel during the impact of the crash on the north side of a jetty was 65.7 miles per hour. Fernandez, Eduardo Rivero and Emilio Macias died at the scene due to blunt force impact and drowning.

The report also included a text message exchange that night between Rivero and Maria Arias, Fernandez's girlfriend. She told Rivero the pair had been arguing and asked him to take care of Fernandez. "He's been drinking and is not in the best state of mind."

The report concluded: "Fernandez operated V-1 with his normal faculties impaired, in a reckless manner, at an extreme high rate of speed, in the darkness of night, in an area with known navigational hazards such as rock jetties and channel markers."

The conclusion that Fernandez was the operator was based in part on the finding that his bruises matched the damage on the boat's center console. Investigators also noted that his DNA was found on the steering wheel and throttle.

Jose Fernandez' family attorney, Ralph Fernandez, was critical of the findings, saying the investigators tried hard but were "out of their league."

"This is the most serious of matters and trying hard is not good enough," said Ralph Fernandez, who accompanied Jose's mother, Maritza, and girlfriend, Maria, to a meeting with the commission's investigators Wednesday night. "This is a high-profile national case, a feather in the cap of an investigator if a conclusion is reached. ... There was a bulls-eye on Jose."

There is a legal battle coming up between the families of Rivero and Macias and Fernandez's estate. On Wednesday in a Miami probate court, Maritza and Maria were appointed co-representatives of Fernandez's estate in advance of pending litigation of wrongful death lawsuits brought by the families.

Ralph Fernandez said the findings of the Fish and Wildlife Commission's investigation would have no impact on that litigation.

"Whatever happened. there is an admissibility problem and the fact-finding will be subject to analysis," Ralph Fernandez said. "Either way, both sides would have to rely on top-notch reconstructionists. Hopefully, it won't get that far. Hopefully, there will be a resolution."

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah to be young, rich and ................

dead

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah to be young, rich and ................

dead

Young, rich, playing a kid's game making crazy money, absolutely stunning gf....dude had the world on a string....sad when this happens. Amazing that the NBA is starting to clean up it's act (thanks to Tinder...but that's a separate issue).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so fucking fast for a boat it's not even funny.

Dumb fucks, all of them.

His friends are stupid. I would have never gotten on that boat.

Even if he survived this accident, his career would be done because he would have been in jail.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young, rich, playing a kid's game making crazy money, absolutely stunning gf....dude had the world on a string....sad when this happens. Amazing that the NBA is starting to clean up it's act (thanks to Tinder...but that's a separate issue).
I might have done something every bit as reckless if I was in his position in life.
So being broke may have saved my life.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably killed himself because he didn't want to pay child support

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have done something every bit as reckless if I was in his position in life.

I'm a boring guy, I probably wouldn't.

But I would've spoiled the shit out of my family.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do tell...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell...

It was in the most recent ESPN the magazine.

Players going to clubs far less often cause they can get laid via swiping.

Less drinking, less partying, more sleep, same amount of sex.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was in the most recent ESPN the magazine.

Players going to clubs far less often cause they can get laid via swiping.

Less drinking, less partying, more sleep, same amount of sex.
Was Tom Brady on the cover? If so, I threw it in the trash without opening it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, this isn't the cheater issue.

Westbrook was on the cover of this one.

I just got mine yesterday, but I've had 2 come at the same time before so my mail system may not be the most reliable one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PS You're already one of my 5 favorite posters simply for this comment.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this isn't the cheater issue.

Westbrook was on the cover of this one.

I just got mine yesterday, but I've had 2 come at the same time before so my mail system may not be the most reliable one.
All I know is, I got one stupid Tom Brady cover, then one with I don't know what then TOM STUPID BRADY AGAIN!! I was so goddamn mad. I really did throw it away without opening it. I'll look for the new one today.

...though I do kinda dislike Westbrook these days so we'll see if it pisses me off.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have went buck wild if I were a millionaire at 21. I just turned 26 and would probably still go buck wild if I knew I didn't have to worry about keeping a good job.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the stupid motherfucker probably didnt have a pot to piss in so his fetus and baby mama get nothing except a few jerseys and some bobbleheads