• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Braves vs Phillies

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Now Philly can go destroy Arizona while Texas takes down Houston and we can enjoy a World Series between two non-douchy teams for once.
Excuse me? I’m 110% certified douche bag. I’m the fucking industrial strength Massengil of douche bags

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me? I’m 110% certified douche bag. I’m the fucking industrial strength Massengil of douche bags
I know you are, but I'm just trying to be nice. If our teams meet in the WS you'll be calling Ranger fans a bunch of Huckle-Fs and accusing our fanbase of largely being married to their sisters.
I'll have to remind your Yankee ass that you're talking about Arkansas.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the media kept saying they had the BeSt OfFeNsE iN HiStOrY.
People will diminish what the Phillies and Rangers did and they’ll cry about the layoff. You know. The one the Astros had last year and this year and won a WS “dealing” with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are, but I was just trying to be nice. If our teams meet in the WS you'll be calling Ranger fans a bunch of Huckle-Fs and accusing our fanbase of largely being married to their sisters.
I'll have to remind your Yankee ass that you're talking about Arkansas.
Haha! Can’t wait! But we are putting the cart before the horse. Anything can happen in playoff baseball.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! Can’t wait! But we are putting the cart before the horse. Anything can happen in playoff baseball.
I know, but it's fun to talk about. You don't know how much I hate the Astros, or how much losing that 2011 WS stings (we were ONE STRIKE AWAY - twice!).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats all folks GIF

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will diminish what the Phillies and Rangers did and they’ll cry about the layoff. You know. The one the Astros had last year and this year and won a WS “dealing” with.
those people are so stupid. Easily the biggest advantage in the playoffs is able to rest and setup your rotation after a 162 game season. Glad the Phillies put the Braves out!!! (Bohm still sucks! lol).

D'Backs have been a good story but I think their season ends very soon. Hoping for Texas vs. Philly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those people are so stupid. Easily the biggest advantage in the playoffs is able to rest and setup your rotation after a 162 game season. Glad the Phillies put the Braves out!!! (Bohm still sucks! lol).

D'Backs have been a good story but I think their season ends very soon. Hoping for Texas vs. Philly.
Bohm had a horrible series! I mushed him talking him up. He made me look very foolish haha. Even worse? When Bohm is hitting 4 and that’s Harper’s protection why did Harper have the series he had? That’s pure arrogance from the Braves.

I kept wondering why Bohm was still hitting 4 when Casty and JT to a certain extent were going well. I think Topper opted to keep the longer deeper lineup with JT 6 Casty 7 and Marsh at home raked from the 8 spot.

What a tremendous series. They beat Strider twice in this series and it wasn’t like he was horrible. Casty’s 2nd HR was off of Strider’s best stuff. He hit a 100 mph fastball. That catch by Rojas! Tip of the cap to Dombrowski who improved this team immensely in the off season, adding based on last post season and what they needed - arms and defense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohm had a horrible series! I mushed him talking him up. He made me look very foolish haha. Even worse? When Bohm is hitting 4 and that’s Harper’s protection why did Harper have the series he had? That’s pure arrogance from the Braves.

I kept wondering why Bohm was still hitting 4 when Casty and JT to a certain extent were going well. I think Topper opted to keep the longer deeper lineup with JT 6 Casty 7 and Marsh at home raked from the 8 spot.

What a tremendous series. They beat Strider twice in this series and it wasn’t like he was horrible. Casty’s 2nd HR was off of Strider’s best stuff. He hit a 100 mph fastball. That catch by Rojas! Tip of the cap to Dombrowski who improved this team immensely in the off season, adding based on last post season and what they needed - arms and defense.
Added mother fucking speed. Real speed. Game changing speed. I love it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yean strider was fine in both games. Just like what happened to the dodgers and what happens to the Yankees in October, the braves bats went completely silent. Not going to get far in October if you are struggling to score 3 runs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yean strider was fine in both games. Just like what happened to the dodgers and what happens to the Yankees in October, the braves bats went completely silent. Not going to get far in October if you are struggling to score 3 runs
Dodgers bats obviously went silent- but I dont see how they were going to win anyway with that starting pitching. Kershaw had nothing left and it was just young guys after that.

Buehler never got back. Urias had his odious problems. Never made a trade. etc.

Everyone is talking about these upsets- but in each and every series the team with the better quality starting pitching won. Strider was good- but Fried had been hurt and not great- as good as Strider is- its not like he has been unhittable htis year- his ERA was not near top of the league. I would probably rather have Wheeler start a playoff game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah - hitting in between Turner and Harper has to be one of, if not the best place to hit in all of major league baseball. Castellano has looked great. Could be Philly's year - there really isnt a dominant team

Dodgers and Braves obviously had great years but neither had playoff dominating starting pitching. Right now MLB is pretty wide open if you ask me.

Dodgers need to make serious moves in the rotation this offseason since Urias is a question mark, and Buehler is coming off TJ surgery and Kershaw is at the end- even if he comes back he isnt a guy that can go 7 innings anymore except on the rarest of occasions. Houston is definitely no where near the height of their power anymore. Red Sox and Yanks have tons of issues.

honestly- I think MLB is as wide open - and should be going forward unless the O's really get some serious SP and their young guys take another step. Other than that I dont really see even many candidates for a dominant team - even if the Dodgers get Ohtani they still need SP.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Now Philly can go destroy Arizona while Texas takes down Houston and we can enjoy a World Series between two non-douchy teams for once.
Hmmm..."Philly" and "non-douchy" in the same sentence???

:hmm: