• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Diamondbacks vs Dodgers

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers pen did a nice job keeping them in the game after Miller sucked, but the lineup couldn't get much going.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-backs are a great story this playoffs. I don't think anyone expected them to be this competitive this year, I thought they were still a year or two away. But they're getting valuable playoff experience right now, and that bodes well for future seasons if they can keep this core intact.

Hope they can clinch this thing tomorrow

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even sweeter when the Giants lose and miss the playoffs...
Actually no, it's been scientifically proven that it's sweeter when the Dodgers lose

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-backs are a great story this playoffs. I don't think anyone expected them to be this competitive this year, I thought they were still a year or two away. But they're getting valuable playoff experience right now, and that bodes well for future seasons if they can keep this core intact.

Hope they can clinch this thing tomorrow

I thought they were an interesting team and the record sounds about right... I just didn't think that 84-78 would get them a playoff spot. Will be interesting next year with Lawlar playing his first MLB season and whether the young arms (Nelson/Henry/Pfaadt) can improve, and they've already got one of the better 1-2 punches in Gallen/Kelly. Carroll looks like a superstar and Moreno's looking like one of the best catchers in the league right now

Fun team and I only expect them to get better in the future

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were an interesting team and the record sounds about right... I just didn't think that 84-78 would get them a playoff spot. Will be interesting next year with Lawlar playing his first MLB season and whether the young arms (Nelson/Henry/Pfaadt) can improve, and they've already got one of the better 1-2 punches in Gallen/Kelly. Carroll looks like a superstar and Moreno's looking like one of the best catchers in the league right now

Fun team and I only expect them to get better in the future
Yeah, that's probably what I should have said: not many were thinking they were a playoff team this year (thanks, Cubs!)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this season can officially RIP.

The Giants could win, but at least my second favorite team is guaranteed to win.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Dodgers will invite the tranny nuns back next year. oooops

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3 game sweep tonight at the hands of Arizona may have been Dave Roberts' last game as the Dodgers manager.
Although, he still has 2 more years remaining on his contract.
But if it does become the case, I hope he'd be considered by the Mets.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3 game sweep tonight at the hands of Arizona may have been Dave Roberts' last game as the Dodgers manager.
Although, he still has 2 more years remaining on his contract.
But if it does become the case, I hope he'd be considered by the Mets.
The whole organization has the wrong approach.
The main goal of being regular season champs is bizarre. Roberts simply struggles to manage in the postseason and overthinks things.
Lynn did not need to start game 3. It should have been pepiot.
Kershaw didn't need to start game 1, Miller did.
Friedman dropped the ball when he wasn't aggressive enough at the trade deadline. He knew the pitching staff was falling apart and traded for Yarbrough and Lynn. Yarbrough didn't make the post season roster.
LA needed another bat. Friedman traded for kike and Rosario. Kike has been ok, bur rosario didn't make the postseason roster.
On the other hand, the dbacks and Rangers went for it at the deadline and we see what is happening.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole organization has the wrong approach.
The main goal of being regular season champs is bizarre. Roberts simply struggles to manage in the postseason and overthinks things.
Lynn did not need to start game 3. It should have been pepiot.
Kershaw didn't need to start game 1, Miller did.
Friedman dropped the ball when he wasn't aggressive enough at the trade deadline. He knew the pitching staff was falling apart and traded for Yarbrough and Lynn. Yarbrough didn't make the post season roster.
LA needed another bat. Friedman traded for kike and Rosario. Kike has been ok, bur rosario didn't make the postseason roster.
On the other hand, the dbacks and Rangers went for it at the deadline and we see what is happening.
True, but it really boils down to timing in the postseason. Some teams just get hot at just the right time and are able to sustain it. While other teams get cold at the wrong time and can’t recover.