• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Hoke puts concussed played back in the game

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect this isn't Hoke's fault. The fucking medical staff needs to let the head coach know his QB is concussed and it appears that didn't happen.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect this isn't Hoke's fault. The fucking medical staff needs to let the head coach know his QB is concussed and it appears that didn't happen.

Um....the medical staff never even got a look at him as he was left in the game with a concussion. The only thing you may be able to convince me is that they failed to do anything once he came out.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you need a medical degree to know a fellow has been knocked loopy?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There needs to be a massive house cleaning or Hoke is going to kill some with negligence.

361-overreaction-03.jpg

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the reaction now is for the possibility of negligent action regrading Morris, but more for the AD and his staff trying to cover it up...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I can understand him not seeing the kid wobbling. He doesn't really handle the offense and field level isn't the best vantage point. But between the coaches in the press box, the trainers, coaches, players on the sidelines and the players on the field who were apparently trying to let the coaches know that the kid needed help, someone should have been able to alert Hoke.

Having a breakdown in communication on something as important as a players health speaks to bigger problems, imo.

Well they had to write a note, tie it to the carrier pigeon's foot and have him fly down to Hoke. Hoke then has to untie the note and read it. That all takes time.

But seriously if they don't bounce him now they may as well just keep him on a couple more years.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the game live, and the thing I was most appalled by at the time was the announcer flying off the handle. I'm not even sure the defender touched his head, if he did it was grazing. Definitely not targeting and suspension worthy like that announcer kept saying. I did see him wobble live, but thought it was knee his leg/ankle which had been bothering him for a while.

Personally i think I myself and probably 85% of all decent college coaches agree with me, would have pulled him due to the ankle anyways. Young kid, future starter, game was next to over, down big. Seasons over, nothing to play for. Why leave the kid in with an injured ankle to begin with. But if I did leave him in there to that po8nt, I didn't see enough after that to make me pull him for concussion testing. He didn't look out of it, didn't stay on the ground, never appeared to be lights out or even close to it. Routine test him when he does come off the field, or give medical staff the right to pull a player like in the NFL.

However that cluster fuck with the 3rd stringer not finding the right helmet with the speaker in it was stupid. And no excuse is good enough to put an injured player back in the game if you already took him out for player safety. Call a timeout, or he'll take a delay of game penalty. Game was over anyways.

Also this shows how powerful Michigan Alumni still are. They want Hoke fired, so for the first time in maybe my entire life I'm seeing a NCAA football coach's decision being second guessed on the national news. Not ESPN, not the sports part of local news or even the sports segment of national news. This itself is national news. And that is 100% because some powerful people want changes. It doesn't matter now if he won out this season and beat MSU and tOSU, he's not gonna survive getting called out on national news. At this point Dave Brandon better hope he does, and he better have a good explanation why they are paying a coach 2 million a year while real contenders all make 2-3 times that much. It's like they didn't care if they won.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if its been discussed but was that hit a penalty?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 belief that the coaching staff did not see any of this. When something like that happens the entire sideline is saying "Damn, Morris got lit up". Michigan player (#5) is waiving to the sideline to get medical help. Just no way the staff saw nothing. That is 100% BS. I am not saying he knew he was concussed, but no way you can tell me nobody on the staff saw the hit. This was not a kid getting hit on the backside of a kickoff return. This is your QB. IF your entire staff didnt see it, than what the hell were you watching?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 0 belief that the coaching staff did not see any of this. When something like that happens the entire sideline is saying "Damn, Morris got lit up". Michigan player (#5) is waiving to the sideline to get medical help. Just no way the staff saw nothing. That is 100% BS. I am not saying he knew he was concussed, but no way you can tell me nobody on the staff saw the hit. This was not a kid getting hit on the backside of a kickoff return. This is your QB. IF your entire staff didnt see it, than what the hell were you watching?

I don't think there is any other way around it.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he still employed there?? I'm fine with UM keeping him for years but it's shocking he hasn't been fired yet after this weekend.

shhhhh!

I want to continue to enjoy The Brady Hoke Show from now until the end of the season!

:suds::lol:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading stuff I think the larger problem at Michigan is the AD and the boosters.

Sounds like a real clown show going on.

Hokes definitely fire-able but it's not the root cause of their woes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think that maybe the third string quarterback, Bellomy, intentionally "couldn't find his helmet," because he saw what was happening to Morris and thought, "I don't want to get laid out like that, this O line sucks"?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a wild overreaction based mostly on how horrible Michigan is this year.

It was a mistake certainly. But it wasn't like he put him out there to run a double option. They handed the ball off and he was off the field immediately afterwards.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a wild overreaction based mostly on how horrible Michigan is this year.

It was a mistake certainly. But it wasn't like he put him out there to run a double option. They handed the ball off and he was off the field immediately afterwards.

It just shows utter and complete ineptitude.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't understand the lies after the fact. it was blatantly obvious the kid had a concussion. did they hope it would go away in 24 hrs and the kid and his parents would keep their mouths shut?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As somebody said earlier, if he was wearing a headset, the coaches in the booth could tell him. Where was his GA that was supposed to be keeping him in full contact with what was going on in the game? Did none of the see the kid couldn't walk? Did no one see this kid had a concussion and had to be carried to the huddle? There needs to be a massive house cleaning or Hoke is going to kill some with negligence.

It does seem a bit odd that he doesn't wear a headset. I think pretty much all HC's wear one, if for no other reason than they can hear what the assistants are discussing and offer input. It also "eliminates the middle man" in getting info. directly to the HC.

The bolded is what's most concerning, imo, and I honestly don't know which is worse: the possibility that someone saw it and didn't bother to notify Hoke. Or the possibility that with all of those eyes looking at the field, including from the press box and no one was paying close enough attention to see it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand the lies after the fact. it was blatantly obvious the kid had a concussion. did they hope it would go away in 24 hrs and the kid and his parents would keep their mouths shut?

The scary thing is that they may not be lies. It genuinely seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in Michigan's athletic department.