• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Hoke puts concussed played back in the game

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is concussed then it's on the medical staff if he went back in the game. Yes the head coach is the man in charge of yada yada yada but ultimately an injured player is reviewed by the medical staff and they're not clear they don't go back in the coach cannot say, all hell with that he is going in, so this is merely a PR campaign to get him fired right now. I'm sure he'll be gone at the end of the season but this whole he delibererly played an injured player blah blah blah just a bunch of PR bullshit probably drummed up by some pissed off alumnus

No one reviewed Morris. That's the problem. Not only was he put back in the game later, but after he was obviously suffering some head problems he was left in the game -- unchecked by any medical staff.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a staff-wide failure... The medical staff for not checking him out for a concussion and on the coaches for either not noticing or not caring when they saw him almost pass out on the field after the headshot or insisting that the medical staff check him out...

Couple that with the spin coming out of Schembechler hall and you have the clusterfuck we are currently enjoying (unless you're a Michigan fan).

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one reviewed Morris. That's the problem. Not only was he put back in the game later, but after he was obviously suffering some head problems he was left in the game -- unchecked by any medical staff.

"[Morris] was evaluated by our experienced athletic trainers and team physicians, and we're confident proper medical decisions were made"
~ Joke

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"[Morris] was evaluated by our experienced athletic trainers and team physicians, and we're confident proper medical decisions were made"
~ Joke

That wasn't from Hoke... That was from the AD's lawyers... and is full of shit...

an imPACT concussion test generally takes about 20 minutes... Morris was on the sideline for less than 10...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

~ Joke

It's a blatant lie. No one can evaluate a player while they're continuing to play football on the field and never spent a second on the sideline. Even assuming he was evaluated after being pulled, he was still left in the game with a possible concussion with no evaluation.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't from Hoke... That was from the AD's lawyers... and is full of shit...

an imPACT concussion test generally takes about 20 minutes... Morris was on the sideline for less than 10...

"[Morris] was evaluated by our experienced athletic trainers and team physicians, and we're confident proper medical decisions were made," Hoke said in the statement.

:lol:

Maybe you guys have all the inside information. I'm just reading the espin articles.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, lol sorry. I thought you were talking about the statement released by Michigan... my bad...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, lol sorry. I thought you were talking about the statement released by Michigan... my bad...

I don't know enough about the whole concussion issue, but if what you said here is true, and well known;

...and then Hoke said what he said, it makes him look even more incompetent.

I wonder if he knows just how done he is at the end of the year.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought UM would give him to the end of the season, but they should can him now. This guy is a clown show.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Solomon
‏@JonSolomonCBS
Hoke said he believed Morris could continue to play because of the gesture he made waving off trainer.
That quote tells me that the medical staff did not evaluate Morris, which is bullshit. Yes the medical staff should have insisted also, but it's Hoke's responsibility to manage the team. He should have at least gotten the evaluation rather than just taking the kid's word that he was okay.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That quote tells me that the medical staff did not evaluate Morris, which is bullshit. Yes the medical staff should have insisted also, but it's Hoke's responsibility to manage the team. He should have at least gotten the evaluation rather than just taking the kid's word that he was okay.

Everyone knows that guys with concussions make the best decisions

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Hoke says Michigan Wolverines QB Shane Morris didn't suffer head injury - ESPN

Michigan coach Brady Hoke said, to his knowledge, quarterback Shane Morris did not sustain a head injury

"Michigan coach Brady Hoke said, to his knowledge, quarterback Shane Morris did not sustain a head injury during Saturday's game and denied seeing the play in question as it happened."

"Morris needed help from teammates to stay on his feet after a helmet-to-helmet hit delivered by a Gophers linebacker two plays before he left the game. He wobbled, but waved off trainers on the sideline when asked if he needed medical attention."

"The coach said after the game Saturday that it was ultimately his decision to leave Morris in the game. However, on Sunday, he backtracked from that stance with a written statement released by the university which said only medical personnel have the authority to allow an injured player back in a game."

Hail to the Lawyers!

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is he still employed there?? I'm fine with UM keeping him for years but it's shocking he hasn't been fired yet after this weekend.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to enjoy Michigan being a dumpster fire to rival all dumpster fires but not to the point where they're endangering player safety.

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point he's just giving Michigan the exact lines to use when they fire him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the performance of the last two games, that was enough get him fired at the end of the season. But this is completely inexcusable, I take Hoke at his word when he says he didn't know, but that is the greater sin. He damn well should have known! And it is one of the few justifications for a firing mid-season.

:agree: I can understand him not seeing the kid wobbling. He doesn't really handle the offense and field level isn't the best vantage point. But between the coaches in the press box, the trainers, coaches, players on the sidelines and the players on the field who were apparently trying to let the coaches know that the kid needed help, someone should have been able to alert Hoke.

Having a breakdown in communication on something as important as a players health speaks to bigger problems, imo.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I can understand him not seeing the kid wobbling. He doesn't really handle the offense and field level isn't the best vantage point. But between the coaches in the press box, the trainers, coaches, players on the sidelines and the players on the field who were apparently trying to let the coaches know that the kid needed help, someone should have been able to alert Hoke.

Having a breakdown in communication on something as important as a players health speaks to bigger problems, imo.

As somebody said earlier, if he was wearing a headset, the coaches in the booth could tell him. Where was his GA that was supposed to be keeping him in full contact with what was going on in the game? Did none of the see the kid couldn't walk? Did no one see this kid had a concussion and had to be carried to the huddle? There needs to be a massive house cleaning or Hoke is going to kill some with negligence.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan AD apologizes, says Shane Morris has a concussion

"Michigan quarterback Shane Morris suffered a concussion after all. In a statement released early Tuesday morning, Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon apologized for a “serious lack of communication” that allowed Morris to be reinserted without proper neurological testing.
“We now understand that, despite having the right people on the sidelines assessing our student-athletes' well being, the systems we had in place were inadequate to handle this unique and complex situation properly,” Brandon said in his statement."

Honestly, this SHOULD incur some kind of NCAA infraction. How can knowingly endangering a player (and then denying he had a concussion) not warrent some kind of penalty. Michigan football's turned into a farce.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision to keep him in was stupid.

But seriously, Ed Cunningham needs to shut the fuck up about targeting. I can't watch a game with him announcing it because you know he's going to be bitching about any hard hit.