• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bob Bowlsby staying put

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny that any of the conf's have to petition the NCAA for anything....the NCAA seems pretty useless on most matters these days and since they have given up the reins to its biggest money maker each year they are going to lose more and more control.

Like most things these days the leaders got their pockets greased for so long they don't remember their initial purpose.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something just seems a lil off with the whole ccg game thing. Didn't Bowlsby go to the NCAA first to petition to have a ccg with only 10 teams?
Now it seems there is no interest. To his defense as being conference commissioner I could see years where OU/Texas could go undefeated and one loss ( either or) and the B12 getting two teams in the playoff (not sure if other smaller name programs wiuld get the nod as cfb has always been a beauty pagent)and perhaps this opens the door to petitioning the NCAA for another reg season game for B12 members to replace a ccg? :noidea:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would just go to a 16 team playoff CCG would not matter.....it's like these guys have never heard of march madness.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Bowlsby, I would arrange for a CCG unless one team goes undefeated. this could result in the best of both worlds. a one loss team would get to bolster their chance to be chosen and a no loss team would essentially get a pass to the playoff.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCG's are about as useless as they can get. Just recently, both Notre Dame and Alabama proved how worthless they are. All CCG's are good for are earning each school in a conference about an extra million each in total revenue and they determine one champ.