• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blacksburg Eats!

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the towny hang out was the underground when i was there

The underground was great for darts and if you wanted to get away from student bars. It was always a lot worse for girls to go there because the older townies would always hit on them even after being denied a couple of times.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of you guys stay over summers there. EVERYWHERE goes townie on week night over the summer. Creepy towny sometimes....

I stayed 2 summers and it was great. It's so refreshing to go downtown to a bar at 11:30 and be able to walk around.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Being a "townie" I spent a lot of time @ champs and usually ended up venturing down to attitudes on thurs and saturdays. Pk's is the best place for late night food but really only went there to "pre game" going somewhere else or to pick up some food @ 2am. FWIW river mill also had its nights.

Now if i venture downtown its either PK's or the Cellar and home by 11 (most nights).

BTW TOTS was the 1st "establishment" that i ever drank in, i think i was 16 or had just turned 17.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed 2 summers and it was great. It's so refreshing to go downtown to a bar at 11:30 and be able to walk around.

YES!!! Summer in Blacksburg is amazing. Downtown is great like you said, but being there for class, it was awesome being able to park wherever I wanted.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

YES!!! Summer in Blacksburg is amazing. Downtown is great like you said, but being there for class, it was awesome being able to park wherever I wanted.

I would advise any student to stay for at least 1 summer and hang out in McCoy as much as possible.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo......

Should I go ahead and book the Cellar for dinner and PKs back deck for the rest of the night the Friday before the Spring Game for HokieHoopla parties?
I'd be down.

On another note, anyone going downtown tomorrow? I am going with some friends but I feel like its going to be a cluster fuck because its the Thursday before spring break. I will probably hold off on my first rail from TOTS until friday or saturday since I will in town until Sunday for the game.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck do you imagine me as a townie Matt? I grew up in Newport News, as opposite Blacksburg as possible. To be honest I have never been to Underground. Always got a bad rep for being the bar where the townies/indie chicks went.

I went to VT 06-10. Lots of nights at PKs. Best food, great drinks, not too crowded you couldn't move. I love PKs.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went to pks 1 time, never went to the cellar or boudreauxs. i went to sharkeys and champs mostly. hated tots and didnt like rivermill much. champs was my personal favorite though just because it was somewhat possible to move around.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did any of you guys stay over summers there. EVERYWHERE goes townie on week night over the summer. Creepy towny sometimes....

Yep...three summers back in '73, '74' and '75. I had become obsessed with academics and was taking every class I could find. I also worked at whatever job I could find, including stacking block one summer at a concrete plant in Christiansburg.

Those summers were some of the best times I experienced during my seven years in Blacksburg.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo......

Should I go ahead and book the Cellar for dinner and PKs back deck for the rest of the night the Friday before the Spring Game for HokieHoopla parties?

I'll be in the area for the spring game and would be down to grab some drinks with you guys.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The townie feel is not a bad thing. I was in grad school there for three summers and spent the summer between my junior and senior year there. I was just saying it was a different vibe. There were some creepers though at PKs sometimes. Ha ha. As far as weather goes, summers don't get much better than the NRV.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two pages of Blacksburg bar and grill recommendations = :tj:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I LOVED summer in Blacksburg. It was alot like my hometown, only with bars. Unfortunately I only spent alittle time down there each summer as summer employment took me elsewhere.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you golf, summers in Blacksburg were great as well. The River Course was like $20 after 3. The Hill was a farm track but had some interesting holes that were fun to play. Of course you had the hiking as well.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be down.

On another note, anyone going downtown tomorrow? I am going with some friends but I feel like its going to be a cluster fuck because its the Thursday before spring break. I will probably hold off on my first rail from TOTS until friday or saturday since I will in town until Sunday for the game.

Wanted to go DT tonight, but damn teachers gave me a hell week right before spring break. I'm outta here right after last class on Friday, though. Spring break is calling.

Props to you for sticking around for the last game. 'Zo and Davila will appreciate people sticking around for senior night.

Also, if that's your first rail, have some painkillers next to your bed for the morning.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent half a summer at Virginia Tech. It was great. Wasn't 21 yet so didn't have the townie bar experience. But loved taking tubes and floating down the river, hiking, cookouts, and most of all ... frolfing.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of summers in Blacksburg is the trips to Floyd. Friday night jamborees and Odd Fellas Cantina. Its the perfect place.