• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills vs. Chiefs

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC could be dominating Super Bowls upcoming....

Agree on Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert. Not sold on Lamar and Lawrence still very early.
Fair enough. I included Lamar because when that team is healthy and he us doing his thing, it is special to watch and entertaining as hell. Obviously, he doesn't have the passing ability of a Herbert, Mahomes etc. but the kid is dynamic and a special talent.
As for Lawrence, we have seen some glimpses of his talent but we honestly have to wait and see if Jacksonville does the right thing or fucks it up as usual. Urban gucking Meyer, still smh. They need to fill in that roster and build around this kid. And they need to find the right guy to coach him. I think Leftwich would be a good choice.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC could be dominating Super Bowls upcoming....

Agree on Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert. Not sold on Lamar and Lawrence still very early.
At this point I'd be pretty surprised if the SB picture wasn't routinely dominated by teams with these QB's on the AFC side

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow

That's a lot of ground for a team with an average QB to make up in just one conference. I didn't even list Jackson and other possibilities like Watson.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'd be pretty surprised if the SB picture wasn't routinely dominated by teams with these QB's on the AFC side

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow

That's a lot of ground for a team with an average QB to make up in just one conference. I didn't even list Jackson and other possibilities like Watson.
I wouldn't say routinely dominated by that list because of Watson and Jackson and even Carr in the mix. Raiders in theory should be peaking right now and with a new staff could go either direction.

I'd also say between Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones...1 will rise up to star level. There is too much upside there to think that all will be 2nd tier imo but a good chance 1 or 2 of them will. Or maybe Davis Mills will be the star.

What the AFC is lacking is teams with good olines combined with good QB play. PFF rated Chiefs #5 overall oline so Mahomes is in better shape than most. Herberts oline was ranked 10th this year which sounds about right based on what i saw earlier. Allen is behind the 17th ranked oline. Burrow behind the 20th ranked oline. Jacksons oline was 21st this year. If Watson ends up on the Dolphins then they had the worst oline in the league.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter, as an NFL football fan, THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

Disclaimer: I thought the same last week before Arizona & Dallas showed they weren't ready to be primetime players.
BUT, BUT...This game will be different. Two big game QB's right here with solid head coaches. What could go wrong?
Well, rest assured you just cursed ONE of them

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say routinely dominated by that list because of Watson and Jackson and even Carr in the mix. Raiders in theory should be peaking right now and with a new staff could go either direction.

I'd also say between Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones...1 will rise up to star level. There is too much upside there to think that all will be 2nd tier imo but a good chance 1 or 2 of them will. Or maybe Davis Mills will be the star.

What the AFC is lacking is teams with good olines combined with good QB play. PFF rated Chiefs #5 overall oline so Mahomes is in better shape than most. Herberts oline was ranked 10th this year which sounds about right based on what i saw earlier. Allen is behind the 17th ranked oline. Burrow behind the 20th ranked oline. Jacksons oline was 21st this year. If Watson ends up on the Dolphins then they had the worst oline in the league.
The thing I worry about with the Ravens is they have to be 100% committed to Jackson to maximize his talent. If Greg Roman goes for any reason in the next couple reason, does another OC try to put a circle in a square block?

On your point regarding OL's, more reason to buy more Chiefs stock the next 4 years, not less.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

1. The Bills got ramped for the Patriots. One thing very obvious in that game was just how slow the Patriots are overall. The Chiefs are not. The Patriots have mediocre WRs. The Chiefs do not. The Patriots LBs could not catch Josh Allen. The Chiefs LBs can.

2. Rarely does any team beat another twice in a season. The Chiefs have way more playof experience and Mahomes has a knack for picking the team up by its bootstraps forcing it to perform beyond what they believe they can do.

The Chiefs will want to punish the Bills for the loss earlier in the season. The Bills' Super Bowl was last Saturday night. That's a mental barrier that they won't get over against the Chiefs.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
I think the whole "tough to beat a team 2x in a season" thing is proven to be a myth.

I can't find numbers on it, but most times a team will sweep if they meet 3x. Which has to say a lot towards two meetings.

Since 1990, there have been sixteen times when a team was swept in the regular season and then met that opponent a third time in the playoffs. The team that swept the regular season went 11-5 (8-7-1 ATS) in the postseason

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole "tough to beat a team 2x in a season" thing is proven to be a myth.

I can't find numbers on it, but most times a team will sweep if they meet 3x. Which has to say a lot towards two meetings.

Since 1990, there have been sixteen times when a team was swept in the regular season and then met that opponent a third time in the playoffs. The team that swept the regular season went 11-5 (8-7-1 ATS) in the postseason
Yeah. I tend to agree. For the simple fact usually when you beat a team in the NFL, it is because they're better.

Nobody with a brain think the Jags beat the Packers more than maybe 1 out of 10 times in a neutral situation.

I think it's more of an even fight, but if KC plays like they did in week 5, they can and will get smoked defensively. I think there are several reasons to think the they'll play better on both sides of the ball, we'll see.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I worry about with the Ravens is they have to be 100% committed to Jackson to maximize his talent. If Greg Roman goes for any reason in the next couple reason, does another OC try to put a circle in a square block?

On your point regarding OL's, more reason to buy more Chiefs stock the next 4 years, not less.
I think if Roman leaves, the new OC will likely be instructed by Harbaugh to do the same thing with Lamar. Maybe slowly integrate some other passing things but that team is pretty solid when healthy and all hands on deck. They obviously need to do it in the play-offs at some point but Lamar is a special talent and a winner.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow

I think the Chargers belonged in the playoffs this year. Not trying to troll Raiders and Steelers fans, but as a Chiefs fan I would be way more concerned with having to play the Chargers in the playoffs. Herbert puts them in the same class as the Bills and Chiefs.

The biggest obstacle for Herbert's career may wind up being his HC.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter, as an NFL football fan, THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

Disclaimer: I thought the same last week before Arizona & Dallas showed they weren't ready to be primetime players.
BUT, BUT...This game will be different. Two big game QB's right here with solid head coaches. What could go wrong?
A blocked field goal?