• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills vs. Chiefs

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this was going to happen. Last time the two teams played, the Bills won 38 to 20 in Arrowhead. Obviously the Chiefs are going to be favored, being at home and having a better 2021 record.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a great game. If the Bills D comes to play, they’ve got a great chance. Though Allen can be erratic at times, so if he doesn’t bring his A game, I’m sure Mahomes and Co. will have a good opportunity to pull away by the 4th quarter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

1. The Bills got ramped for the Patriots. One thing very obvious in that game was just how slow the Patriots are overall. The Chiefs are not. The Patriots have mediocre WRs. The Chiefs do not. The Patriots LBs could not catch Josh Allen. The Chiefs LBs can.

2. Rarely does any team beat another twice in a season. The Chiefs have way more playof experience and Mahomes has a knack for picking the team up by its bootstraps forcing it to perform beyond what they believe they can do.

The Chiefs will want to punish the Bills for the loss earlier in the season. The Bills' Super Bowl was last Saturday night. That's a mental barrier that they won't get over against the Chiefs.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

1. The Bills got ramped for the Patriots. One thing very obvious in that game was just how slow the Patriots are overall. The Chiefs are not. The Patriots have mediocre WRs. The Chiefs do not. The Patriots LBs could not catch Josh Allen. The Chiefs LBs can.

2. Rarely does any team beat another twice in a season. The Chiefs have way more playof experience and Mahomes has a knack for picking the team up by its bootstraps forcing it to perform beyond what they believe they can do.

The Chiefs will want to punish the Bills for the loss earlier in the season. The Bills' Super Bowl was last Saturday night. That's a mental barrier that they won't get over against the Chiefs.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
Will admit to some weak spots on our D, though. Particularly Neiman, Hitchens, and Sorenson.. hoping we replace all three in the off-season...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
real bad sour grapes with this one
best to just move on. :dhd:

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
Actually, teams beat other teams twice in the same season much more than "rarely". It's beating another team 3 times in the same season that rarely happens.

Last Saturday was most certainly not the Bills "Super Bowl". They lost in the WC round two years ago, and to the Chiefs in the conference finals last season. They will certainly be motivated to "get even" this Sunday.

The odds site I frequent (covers.com) lists this game as opening at -2.5, with some of the lines already moving to -2.0. So the odds-makers and bettors are expecting a close game.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
I doubt that the final will be anything like 45-20 but I am a bit worried.

Couple things to note. Every Bills win this season has been by double digits. Five of the six losses were by 7 or less. The Bills do not have a good record in close games.

Now you'd expect that the playoffs would lead to closer games, with last Saturday's game being an obvious exception. I expect that this week's game might come down to the final five minutes. And that scares me.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, teams beat other teams twice in the same season much more than "rarely". It's beating another team 3 times in the same season that rarely happens.

Last Saturday was most certainly not the Bills "Super Bowl". They lost in the WC round two years ago, and to the Chiefs in the conference finals last season. They will certainly be motivated to "get even" this Sunday.

The odds site I frequent (covers.com) lists this game as opening at -2.5, with some of the lines already moving to -2.0. So the odds-makers and bettors are expecting a close game.
about what anyone with functioning brain cells would expect. trust me, i already know the Bills won't be an easy out...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team is going to show up and play 4 quarters of solid football? With these two teams this year, it is tough to say.

Easily 2 of the 3 most talented teams in the league (maybe top 2 depending on how you want to stick Tampa in).

This really is the game to watch this year in the AFC. Hell this might be the game annually to watch in the AFC for the next 3 or 4 years.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the Chiefs have a distraction to deal with. Without knowing more details, I'm guessing they'll resolve this before the weekend so he can play.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it pains me to say this (well sort of) I am rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs. Best of luck @DonMan

Yes the Chiefs have great receivers and basically can score at will but if the Bills are on there game so can they.. I expect this to be a high scoring game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
I wish I had your confidence here.

I'm not actually sure the playoff experience matters. Allen has plenty of playoff experience at this point. I think thats moot. The Chiefs also beat the Bills twice last year. Easily both times. I don't think thats a factor here at all although I believe both teams are playing better right now.

Here is the thing about the Chiefs LBers - Bolton is a great run stopper with some limited application in coverage. Gay is an athlete who may or may not be playing. I'm not sure either have that experience you want at the position to be taking on a great offensive team. Hitchens and Sorensen are the guys with experience and both suck. Sorensen in particularly got picked on a lot in the last matchup.

The fundamental issue with the Chiefs defense is that it doesn't know how to bend but not break. Bills pass defense is way better than the Chiefs pass defense. The Bills are basically perfectly built to match up with the Chiefs. In theory.

Chiefs are decent in the league in Yards Per Carry, though, because no one plays them that way and the Chiefs oline is actually pretty good at run blocking. Bills defense against the run is actually quite average. There is a very good argument for the Chiefs to play the Bills as physical as possible. I think the Chiefs win that 6 or 7 times out of 10. I think if the Chiefs try to win a shootout then I think the Bills will win that 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Chiefs RBs fumble a lot, though. That has me worried regardless of how they decide to attack Buffalo.

edit - not sure my stats are correct so I took them out.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter, as an NFL football fan, THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE GOOD!

Disclaimer: I thought the same last week before Arizona & Dallas showed they weren't ready to be primetime players.
BUT, BUT...This game will be different. Two big game QB's right here with solid head coaches. What could go wrong?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bills were playing the Packers I would maybe chalk up the win already... happens to the Packers all the time losing in playoffs to teams that beat them in regular season.

2012 SanFran Regular season opener and then loss in Divisional round
2013 SanFran Regular season opener and then loss in Wildcard round
2014 Seattle Regular season opener and then heart breaker (for Packers) in NFCC game
2015 Arizona Regular season loss at AZ in Dec and then loss in Divisional round
2016 Atlanta Regular season loss at Atl in Oct and then loss in NFCC game
2019 SanFran Regular season humiliation at SF and then loss in NFCC game
2020 TB Regular season humiliation at TB and then loss at Lambeau in NFCC game

Only 2013 and 2020 at Lambeau... all others on the road for playoffs.

There are a few teams that beat Packers in regular season and then Packers beat them in playoffs.... but in recent history, if a team beat Packers in regular season, does not look good for Packers chances in playoffs.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things in play here.

Chiefs 45 Bills 20
Let me first off say, the Chiefs are a better team than the Patriots. I don't expect the game to be like last week. However, I don't buy your logic no bit here. To explain:

1. The Bills already beat the Chiefs this season, and it was in Arrowhead.

2. The Bills haven't been to the Super Bowl since the early 90s, but they are a veteran playoff team. This is their third straight playoff appearance, and as you saw last week, the Bills are incredibly focused and determined.

3. The Bills defense only gives up about 17 points per game on average. Chiefs defense gives up about 21 points per game. If you compare that to the Patriots, they gave up 17.8 points per game this season. By no means, the Patriots had defensive scrubs. The issue was talent and chemistry.

4. There's absolutely no statistics that says rarely does a team beat another team twice. Last season, the Bucs beat the Packers twice. The Chiefs beat the Bills twice. Just in the AFC East alone, the Bills beat the Dolphins and the Jets twice. The Dolphins beat the Patriots twice.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a little sad this is in the dovisional round and not the conference final. Don't take this the wrohg way Titans and Bengals fans, much respect to both of those teams. But this Chiefs/Bills, Mahomes/Allen match-up just seems like one of those building rivalries for conference supremacy that could be an absolute joy for the next few years. Of course, the AFC is stacked with young, dynamic, superstars at QB and for the next decade or maybe longer, football fans are going to have a fun ride. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar and maybe Lawrence if he lives up to his potential. Granted, the Jags need to do right too for that to happen. But damn, we are very fortunate as fans to get to watch these youngsters play. As for this game, I'm expecting a lot of offense and hoping it goes back and forth all day long with no quarter given. Good luck to both teams.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be watching. Good rematch.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the AFC is stacked with young, dynamic, superstars at QB and for the next decade or maybe longer, football fans are going to have a fun ride. Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar and maybe Lawrence if he lives up to his potential.

AFC could be dominating Super Bowls upcoming....

Agree on Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Herbert. Not sold on Lamar and Lawrence still very early.